Trash will now be taken every day

Bathroom doors have locks, use them and always take a robe or cover up in the bathroom with you.

Of all weird things, the bathrooms in the studios at BLT do not have locks, or even latches. I agree that you should just keep the door closed, and nobody should be barging in, though.

Of all weird things, the bathrooms in the studios at BLT do not have locks, or even latches. I agree that you should just keep the door closed, and nobody should be barging in, though.

Latches/locks were added to the studio bathrooms at BLT a few years ago.

Latches/locks were added to the studio bathrooms at BLT a few years ago.

They must have missed the room I was in this past summer. My children chose to flaunt the fact that there was no latch on the door during the most inopportune times.

I think since our dues will go up for this extra "service" I want more than just my trash being taken out. Deliver our packages, make the bed, something.

Yep and every member needs to write them and tell them.

Perhaps an email to Ken Potrock directly?

Yep and every member needs to write them and tell them.

Perhaps an email to Ken Potrock directly?

I actually wonder if dues will go down, as insurance rates may potentially drop. I doubt it, considering the amount of man hours involved in these room searches, but the increase may not be as significant as we initially assume.

Depends on whether they’re waking me up from a nap or walking in on me in the shower whether it’s a major inconvenience.

The latch will theoretically keep them out of my shower, presuming they respect it. But the knock on the door blows the nap no matter what else happens.

Depends on how they handle it. We shall see.

Well, I mean they do have a tool that will push that latch aside so the door can be opened all the way. It is really going to be based upon how persistent they are.

I have a feeling this is going to be nationwide, in all hotels, motels, resorts, timeshares and B&Bs soon. Since Hilton has also announced similar plans, one can only think it is a new requirement for insurance coverage following the Las Vegas tragedy. Complaining to the hotels will likely do no good, DVC is REQUIRED to have insurance, and they will do whatever the insurance requires of them for that coverage.

That is what my wife said, too.

I actually wonder if dues will go down, as insurance rates may potentially drop. I doubt it, considering the amount of man hours involved in these room searches, but the increase may not be as significant as we initially assume.

I hope you are right

I just got a survey because I bought an annual pass under the DVC deal. I know it asked what me to choose from a list of what I thought was the best DVC perk (Member Lounge in Epcot, discounts, etc.). I can't remember if there was room to choose "other." If there is, and if you get the survey, and if you are someone who feels that one of the things you liked about DVC was that Disney castmembers did not enter your room each day -- perhaps there is room to say that on the survey. I didn't think of it until after I was done.

I think it's a matter of trying to keep insurance rates in check. Dues may go up but probably not as much as they would have otherwise.

They must have missed the room I was in this past summer. My children chose to flaunt the fact that there was no latch on the door during the most inopportune times.

Studio bathrooms should have little flip-up latches pictured below. The latch isn't located near the handle, rather it's on the opposite end where the door typically slides past the wall. When the latch is propped open as pictured, it prevents the door from sliding open.

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 10.05.47 AM.png

Studio bathrooms should have little flip-up latches pictured below. The latch isn't located near the handle, rather it's on the opposite end where the door typically slides past the wall. When the latch is propped open as pictured, it prevents the door from sliding open.

View attachment 290850

Haha thanks for the visual assistance. 8 days in a studio and I never noticed that. Now that strangers will be barging into the room at random times, I will make sure to make use of it. That is, if I can get my whole family into one of those studios again.

I have to ask, what is next? They will search the cars in the parking lots? Search the RVs at their campground?

This new policy pushes both concepts to absurdity. This is New Coke level not thought through.

Somewhat off topic, but "New Coke" (tastes like Pepsi) allowed Coca Cola to stop producing the original product long enough to make people forget the original taste. The pre-New Coke Coca Cola product used cane sugar while the newer version of Coca Cola (called "coke classic" when introduced, and now just "Coke") uses high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). If you want to have an eye opening experience, get yourself a bottle of Coca Cola bottled in Mexico (cane syrup based) and compare that to what you get from your local bottler using HFCS. There is a significant difference in flavor profile between the two. Since HFCS is significantly cheaper than cane sugar, who is to say that Coca Cola didn't think it all through?

Somewhat off topic, but "New Coke" (tastes like Pepsi) allowed Coca Cola to stop producing the original product long enough to make people forget the original taste. The pre-New Coke Coca Cola product used cane sugar while the newer version of Coca Cola (called "coke classic" when introduced, and now just "Coke") uses high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). If you want to have an eye opening experience, get yourself a bottle of Coca Cola bottled in Mexico (cane syrup based) and compare that to what you get from your local bottler using HFCS. There is a significant difference in flavor profile between the two. Since HFCS is significantly cheaper than cane sugar, who is to say that Coca Cola didn't think it all through?

Fun update, and a good look at how corporations work. If they can save 3 cents per product per year, they sure will do it. It is important to remember that as Jolly and friendly Disney people are, they are also a corporation, and are acting the way they do in order to get the extra 3 cents per transaction as well.

On forth amendment rights.

The Bill of Rights protects you from intrusion by the Government, not private entities. There is no fourth amendment right to keep Disney from entering their property. There is no first amendment right to be able to protest on Disney property. There is no second amendment right to be able to carry guns into a Disney park. Disney does not need to exercise due process if they kick you out of the park, you aren't entitled to a trial with a jury of your peers.

(This goes for your employer as well)

I have to ask, what is next? They will search the cars in the parking lots? Search the RVs at their campground?

Nobody can definitively answer that. There will certainly not be strip searches or some of the more hyperbolic suggestions that have been posted here. But it would not surprise me if Disney was discretely using trained dogs to detect improper materials in luggage or vehicles.

Do you truly have faith that nobody would ever try to commit a terrorist act in a Disney resort or theme park? And if the unthinkable happens, how do you think the general public will react? Will most simply shrug and say "well, Disney did the best they could without inconveniencing guests so I guess we'll just have to live with the outcome"?

A line has to be drawn somewhere, but unfortunately society keeps moving that line. Disney can't afford to bury its proverbial head in the sand and assume that 2000 or 2010 standards of "safe enough" still apply in 2018.

I don't agree, they do care. They just care about different priorities than you do.

No, they do not care if someone does not like the policy and don't come back. They are banking on getting new customers. The new ones tend to spend more money etc.

Latest posts

facebook twitter