Transportation to US/IoA

I dont know what to do. We are going to Universal for one day from Pop. We will have our 2 year old with us(no carseat). I was going to book the DU deal but we may get a bus or we could get a van. I called Mears and they said if we are sent a van she still doesnt need to be in a carseat(called back again just to make sure). I am not comfortable with that. Thought about a rental but then would still need a carseat and we are using Cares on the plane.:confused3
You will most likely get a bus going there, and a van coming back. If you are using the Cares on the plane, why not in the van??? There is no way to use a car seat or the Cares on a bus.

Your only alternative is to rent a car with a car seat. Or hire a car service that also provides a car seat.

You will most likely get a bus going there, and a van coming back. If you are using the Cares on the plane, why not in the van??? There is no way to use a car seat or the Cares on a bus.

Your only alternative is to rent a car with a car seat. Or hire a car service that also provides a car seat.

I dont think you are supposed to use Cares in any vehicle. I may consider bringing her on Mears. I wonder if they will allow me to seat belt her in(would that even be safe?) or make me hold her.

i just want to ask that if we are tripping ahead to America and the fair charges will be more than the actual cost . if we choose taxi how much will it cost to the destiny . and i am traveling with some luggage and goods that might need some extra space reply with a solution here

i just want to ask that if we are tripping ahead to America and the fair charges will be more than the actual cost . if we choose taxi how much will it cost to the destiny . and i am traveling with some luggage and goods that might need some extra space reply with a solution here
You need to let us know where you are going to. Most fares to either US/IoA or WDW resorts, from MCO are about $60 one way. I'm not sure exactly what info you need.

We purchased the 1 day/2 park pass with Mears Transportation and since the parks close at 6pm and 7pm that night will we be able to go to Citywalk and still count on Mears Transporation to bring us back to Pop a few hours after US/IOA close?

We purchased the 1 day/2 park pass with Mears Transportation and since the parks close at 6pm and 7pm that night will we be able to go to Citywalk and still count on Mears Transporation to bring us back to Pop a few hours after US/IOA close?
I would think so....you have to call them to set up your pickup time from WDW over to US/IoA...so ask them that when you talk to them.

i believe the last shuttle back to disney would be at 1:45 am or 2:00.

one person in my group that is doing a VIP RIP tour mentioned that time to me.

our tour ends at 2:00 am and he has to catch the last shuttle back to the motherland that night.

Our tour begins at 7 in the evening and ends at 2 in the morning.

Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

If they are available "almost" 24 hours to transfer to US, I would think they would be available to transfer back the same hours

Great thread... I was just about to ask this question... thanks to everyone for their great input... what a wealth of informaiton!

What is the earliest I could get a bus to IOA? I am hoping to be there before rope drop, or whatever it is called at IOA lol...We also want to "close the park" since they are only open until 7. Will we have ample time to close the park and get to the pick up point? As in, would we be able to be picked up at like 7:30 or so?? We aren't interested in doing City Walk...

What is the earliest I could get a bus to IOA? I am hoping to be there before rope drop, or whatever it is called at IOA lol...We also want to "close the park" since they are only open until 7. Will we have ample time to close the park and get to the pick up point? As in, would we be able to be picked up at like 7:30 or so?? We aren't interested in doing City Walk...

We did this back in Sept.... our pick up time was 7:30am and even though they were almost 10 mins late, and we had a few personal issues after getting off the bus and before getting to the gate... we still made it to rope drop!!! As for your pick up at the park.... as City Walk is still open later than the parks, they run the busses late... you will have plenty of time.

I 'think' the first bus leaves around 7:15 or so. We left right around that time and we got there before the park opened...but we wanted to get to the resort and get checked in so we could get our front of the line passes... think we got to US/IoA by around 8ish, and we were at the park gate by 8:40 (after checking in).

We are flying to wdw without a car seat. Will the mears shuttles to IOA have carseats in them to use or do I need to get a taxi? Will the Taxis have carseats if I request it? Thanks

We are going to take a taxi from a Universal hotel to the Contemporary, are the taxis metered or are they a set price? Do the taxis except credit cards? Is the price still around $35 dollars? Also, does anyone know if a taxi will stop at a 7/11 on the way? TIA

We are flying to wdw without a car seat. Will the mears shuttles to IOA have carseats in them to use or do I need to get a taxi? Will the Taxis have carseats if I request it? Thanks
The Mears shuttles can be either a full sized bus, or a van. There is no way to know beforehand. So, if you feel you need a car seat, you might want to request a cab that has one.
Just like the WDW buses, Mears doesn't have any belting system to use car seats or booster seats. When using buses, car seats are really not needed.

We are going to take a taxi from a Universal hotel to the Contemporary, are the taxis metered or are they a set price? Do the taxis except credit cards? Is the price still around $35 dollars? Also, does anyone know if a taxi will stop at a 7/11 on the way? TIA
To the best of my knowledge, it is going to be a lot more than $35 to get to the CR from US. A car service charges about $60, and a cab is usually about the same. You might want to look into a car service rather than a cab.

Just read through the whole thread and found it to be very helpful. I appreciate all the work that went into starting it and keeping it going. We are planning to do the DU 2 day/2 park with transfers when we are there in April. We also plan to do BMG on one of the days. DU sends the voucher via e-mail, right? Does that include the voucher for the transfer and also a voucher for the park tickets? I'm just trying to figure out how much lead time I need to order the package and get everything timely for our trip. Would rather not spend the money until closer to our dates.

you can contact them 2 weeks out from your trip.

you will need to know the dates you need their shuttle service.
(or approximate dates- they will work with you as they can be flexible)

you will be asked what dates you are planning on needing the transportation.
if you are not sure, mears will let you give an approximate date until you have decided.

Does anybody know if IOA closes at 7PM and I am taking mears shuttle how long does it take to get back to Disney's POP culture hotel? This will specifically be on Thur 12/8/11. I don't know if the day of the week matters or not. I want to make a dinner reservation in DTD that evening and was thinking 8:30??? But I don't know where Mears drops you off at Disney. Will they only take you to your hotel or will they take you to DTD??

TIA for any and all help:santa:

Does anybody know if IOA closes at 7PM and I am taking mears shuttle how long does it take to get back to Disney's POP culture hotel? This will specifically be on Thur 12/8/11. I don't know if the day of the week matters or not. I want to make a dinner reservation in DTD that evening and was thinking 8:30??? But I don't know where Mears drops you off at Disney. Will they only take you to your hotel or will they take you to DTD??

TIA for any and all help:santa:
You can set up a time to be picked up with them prior to going to IoA...so tell them you need to be picked up at park closing. It may be crowded at this time so be prepared for a lot of company. I would aks them, when you call them to set up your pickup time, if you can be dropped at DTD instead of Pop. I know that when I was at IoA/US and headed back to BWVs, there was a couple in our Mears van that were supposed to go to SoG, but they wanted to head to DTD to grab a bite to eat. Because the van was also making a stop at SSR, the driver said he would drop the couple at DTD rather than SoG. It doesn't hurt to ask.

You can set up a time to be picked up with them prior to going to IoA...so tell them you need to be picked up at park closing. It may be crowded at this time so be prepared for a lot of company. I would aks them, when you call them to set up your pickup time, if you can be dropped at DTD instead of Pop. I know that when I was at IoA/US and headed back to BWVs, there was a couple in our Mears van that were supposed to go to SoG, but they wanted to head to DTD to grab a bite to eat. Because the van was also making a stop at SSR, the driver said he would drop the couple at DTD rather than SoG. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Thank you so much for your help. I have one more question can you tell me aprox. how long it takes to get from IOA to the Disney property or DTD? I'm just wondering if the 8:30 sounds reasonable. This is my first trip and I am unsure of the distance and traffic.

THANKS!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter