Transportation to US/IoA

I saw someone ask a similar question, but never saw an answer... so here goes..

My Mother and I are taking our Disney trip this fall, and would like to spend 1 day at US.. we are looking into the tickets and transport offered on Dreams. However, my DM will be using her personal WC and I will be renting an ECV. I was wondering if the transport for this will accomodate WCs and ECVs and if it can accomodate both of us. If anyone has any experience in this area, or may have used this transport and seen it 1st hand, please help us out.

Interesting question. I would call Mears directly and ask them. I know I've seen some pretty large strollers waiting for the bus but once I got on, I never noticed what happened to them. Call Mears and check...best thing.

Thanks for the advice, I already asked my Dreams TA and she said she would look into it for me, just haven't heard back from her yet....

I could probably make it around without the ECV (if I had to, at least for 1 day), but Mom could not be without her WC.

I heard back from my TA and thought I would post the response here just in case someone else needs to know......

"There are buses with lifts, when you call 24 hours prior to the day that you want to visit, mention that you will need a bus with a lift. Both scooters/EVC can be accommodated on 1 bus, be sure to mention that both of you will be using scooter/EVC"

So they can be accommodated, but has to be requested!

I heard back from my TA and thought I would post the response here just in case someone else needs to know......

"There are buses with lifts, when you call 24 hours prior to the day that you want to visit, mention that you will need a bus with a lift. Both scooters/EVC can be accommodated on 1 bus, be sure to mention that both of you will be using scooter/EVC"

So they can be accommodated, but has to be requested!
Thanks so much for checking and then letting us know. I'm sure there are others out there with the same needs.

Hi, Amber.

Would you mind sending me a PM with his number? I've called Mears about their shuttle to US/IOA and was told they don't offer booster seats for the shuttle. I'd be interested to speak to another company to hear about their policy.

I know age-wise, my kids don't need booster seats, according to FL law (unless that's changed recently)...however, here in NB they do and I'd like to use booster seats on our day-trip to US/IOA without having to bring ours from home.

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

I was going to call with a similiar question. I was wondering if they offer convertible carseats. We are flying with cares and using Disney transportation so no carseat.
We want to go to IOA for one day. If they send a bus we are fine but not if they end up sending a shuttle van.
I guess I will call to find out but it doesnt look good does it. I was looking at a rental and towncars but even though we are 4 adults and a toddler Mears is still cheaper. Unless I am missing something.

If we have 5 people what route do you think would be cheapest? We are going two days in a row.

We are thinking to just rent a car for two days. Do you guys agree that is the cheapest?

If we have 5 people what route do you think would be cheapest? We are going two days in a row.

We are thinking to just rent a car for two days. Do you guys agree that is the cheapest?
Absolutely the best idea. The Mears shuttle is going to cost you about $80-100 a day, depending on ages, so a rental car for those two days is the best way to go.
Have you considered checking into how much a room at a US/IoA resort might run you for one night??? You might be able to get a good rate..if so, you could just pack essentials in backpacks and take the shuttle over on day 1 and stay the night and return on the shuttle on day 2. But, only if you can get a really good rate on a hotel.

Have you considered checking into how much a room at a US/IoA resort might run you for one night??? You might be able to get a good rate..if so, you could just pack essentials in backpacks and take the shuttle over on day 1 and stay the night and return on the shuttle on day 2. But, only if you can get a really good rate on a hotel.

Is it possible to split youre roundtrip shuttle ride??? We are intressted in doing a ride to Universal one morning and do the backtrip two days later?! :confused3

Absolutely the best idea. The Mears shuttle is going to cost you about $80-100 a day, depending on ages, so a rental car for those two days is the best way to go.

No I dont think we want to do that because we have free dining on Disney property. Would be neat to say there though. Maybe some other time.

Thanks for the advice

Is it possible to split youre roundtrip shuttle ride??? We are intressted in doing a ride to Universal one morning and do the backtrip two days later?! :confused3

I'd really like to consider doing this as well. Does anyone have experience taking Mears WDW to USO one morning, and then return USO to WDW later the next afternoon? Same Mears rate as same day return trip?

I'd really like to consider doing this as well. Does anyone have experience taking Mears WDW to USO one morning, and then return USO to WDW later the next afternoon? Same Mears rate as same day return trip?
My friend and I did it in Dec. We both had studio villas at BWV, but wanted to spend a night at RPR. We got a terrific annual pass rate there, so it cost 0us each about $70. We asked Mears if we could ride on Wednesday and come back on Thursday..they had no issue with it at all. BUT..they did say that you aren't allowed to bring luggage on the shuttle bus. So, we just packed backpacks with a change of clothes and such.

We will have our own vehicle traveling from CSR to IOA, how long does it take to drive, we will be there sometime during the week before Easter when the park opens at 8am and plan to splurge and do valet parking. Thanks!

Takes about 25-30 mins. Traffic may be heavier than usual due to it being Easter time.

Is the Mears $18 a FLAT rate or is there additional tax?
Do they take credit card?

Thanks

Is the Mears $18 a FLAT rate or is there additional tax?
Do they take credit card?

Thanks
If you book it over the phone, then they call take a credit card. But you have to have cash if you intend to pay at the bus. And no, there is no tax.

Do they stop at every resort in WDW?
No, they stop at maybe 3 or so. When we took the Mears shuttle over to US/IoA in August, from WL, they stopped at CR and then SoG, then continued on to US/IoA.
When at BW, we stopped at the Polynesian and GF (if I remember correctly).

I wonder if that early entry was just a fluke? Anyone else get early entry thru the Mears shuttle and Universal ticket purchased together?

Just back --we took the Mears shuttle with two preteen kids on Wed Jan 26from Port Orleans FrenchQuarter.

When I called for our pick up time, our options were 7:25 or 8:25am. I chose 7:25. We stopped at 1 other Disney resort and one none Disney (Alamo I think?). We only had a total of 10 people in our shuttle --ours was a van.

Because we had to wait about 10 mintues at the Alamo hotel for the pickup guests to showup (slightly annoying) and stop to drop people at Seaworld first, we got to Universal gate at about 8:20 which was fine though. When I was getting our park tickets thru Will call( I asked attendent for help when a ticket was stuck), we realized our tickets had a promotional early entry so we were allowed in with the resort guests and went right in instead of waiting until 9:am opening. Nice surprise--not sure why they didn't alert me by email when I purchased??

One day/two parks was plenty for us. The early entry helped us get the Harry Potter ride in first thing but even by opening time it was only 20 minute wait.

It WAS a rainy/cloudy start to the day though that helped slow the crowds and then cleared to sun which brought in the people later. We don't do HULK or the other big rocket ride though but did pretty much everything else we were interested in. Hit Spiderman, all HarryPotter, Simpsons twice, ET twice, Men in Black twice,... This was a low crowd time of year, nothing like the two hour waits for HP I read about just weeks ago.

The shuttle pick up was there a few minutes early and left a few mintues early for us since he had all of us ( just our party and the another couple). No other stops on the way back.

A good experience. Not sure it was worth the $477 plus food money(!!!) to leave Disney but it had to be done to experience Harry Potter...

I wonder if that early entry was just a fluke? Anyone else get early entry thru the Mears shuttle and Universal ticket purchased together?

I'm not sure I would have realized we had the early entry if I hadn't needed the attendant's help with the stuck ticket. When we had all our tickets out, he said, "let's see what type you have". Otherwise we might have waited around til 9am...

Here reporting from universal with the Dreams unlimited/mears shuttle ticket deal....& in fact we are being let in with resort guests at 8am!!!! We picked up our tickets at will call and out tickets said UPRV which indicates we get in early.

Sorry guys, to me it is a no brainer if you are just spending one day at US or IA, especially if you are staying within walking distance of the TTC. The 111 bus leaves at 6:38 getting to the Florida Mall at 7:30 (AM), transfer to the 37 at 7:45, getting to US/IA at 8:22. 1 hr 44 minutes isn't fast but if you get a day pass for 4.50, that beats a $36 dollar van ride, and you can use the 31.50 savings to upgrade to a front of the line pass at US/IA.

Sorry guys, to me it is a no brainer if you are just spending one day at US or IA, especially if you are staying within walking distance of the TTC. The 111 bus leaves at 6:38 getting to the Florida Mall at 7:30 (AM), transfer to the 37 at 7:45, getting to US/IA at 8:22. 1 hr 44 minutes isn't fast but if you get a day pass for 4.50, that beats a $36 dollar van ride, and you can use the 31.50 savings to upgrade to a front of the line pass at US/IA.

The Mears shuttle is about $19 pp. And if you get the special DU deal, it's technically free. You get a one day/two park pass with round trip shuttle. I can't imagine going to all that work, and it taking close to 2 hrs to get there to save $19!! But, that's just me.

We are thinking about that also...but we don't know how we will get to the TTC from POFQ so early in the morning :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter