Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

i used Tony this year and it was fine.

his charges were decent and his car was very clean.
he is prompt and professional.

the $180 was well spent and i would do it again!

We just got back from Universal, and used Tony Hinds...he was awesome!! He was waiting for us at the airport with a sign (we felt so important!). We got in late, around 11:00pm, and the only store open was Wal-Mart. He stopped for us, waited while we shopped, and loaded the shopping bags in the van. When we were departing, he picked us up on time, and made our transport to and from MCO worry-free...and at a great price, cheaper than the chain shuttles. He even sent us text messages to let us know his progress, so we knew exactly when and where he would meet us. We will definitely use Tony again!

Thanks to Southwest running special rates, we've decided to make a quick trip a month from now. Thanks to all the positive reports, I think we're going to book with Tony too. I can probably Priceline a car cheaper, but it will be such a short trip that I really don't think we need a car and that would be one less thing to have to take care of.

UPDATE: We got back from our trip last night and wanted to report that we were more than satisfied with Tony's transfer service. $100 + $20 trip is a better deal than I found anywhere else. Our flight was about 90 minutes late, but they contacted us by phone as soon as we landed. Also on time when they picked us up (actually a few minutes early). I'll certainly use them again. :)

anyone have a rough idea what the price is from airport to Royal Pacific in a cab? Would there be 1 there when plane arrives at 10pm MOnday?

Sounds silly but I have never been in a taxi and would like to mark it off my bucket list I guess.

I had no problem getting a cab after 9 p.m. I think it was $53 from the airport to the Royal Pacific (plus tip).

My husband and I are planning a trip to WDW at the end of February. We had planned on going to Universal for 1 day anyway (using Mears to transfer from our Disney hotel), but I've heard such great things about the Universal resorts, and the perk of front of the line is so inviting, that we're thinking of spending our very first night at a Universal hotel.

So, what would be the most cost efficient way of getting from the airport to Universal, then the next day we'd need to get to Wilderness Lodge?

I priced a car quickly and for one night and dropping the car off on Disney property it would cost about $95. It seems like that is about how much taking a taxi all over would cost us anyway.

Help. I think I really messed up.

When I was getting rates from airport to Royal Pacfic I was a total and complete idiot. I didn't realized there was more than 1 Orland airport (I know complete idiot here).

We fly into Orland / Sanford airport. Does anyone know of a shuttle or service that picks up to Universal? According to map quest its a 45 minute drive too. :(

i'm not aware of any shuttles from sanford.

most peeps rent a car from that airport for transporation needs.

check the Transporation forum on the Dis for better suggestions than what i gave.

i'm not aware of any shuttles from sanford.

most peeps rent a car from that airport for transporation needs.

check the Transporation forum on the Dis for better suggestions than what i gave.

Thanks I was afraid of that. Does Royal charge a fee to park the car at the hotel?

Thanks I was afraid of that. Does Royal charge a fee to park the car at the hotel?

Yes, and it's about $20 a night. Look back upthread and find the information on Tony. He will give a quote for what it would cost. We just used them a couple of weeks ago, and they made everything very easy both ways.

Help. I think I really messed up.

When I was getting rates from airport to Royal Pacfic I was a total and complete idiot. I didn't realized there was more than 1 Orland airport (I know complete idiot here).

We fly into Orland / Sanford airport. Does anyone know of a shuttle or service that picks up to Universal? According to map quest its a 45 minute drive too. :(

I know this is an older post, but just for future reference to other travelers that fly into Sanford there is a company that provides transportation, but there is apparently some sort of issue with posting their name???

I know this is an older post, but just for future reference to other travelers that fly into Sanford there is a company that provides transportation, but there is apparently some sort of issue with posting their name???

i wasn't aware of a transportation company at sanford until i read a report on the transportation forum a few minutes ago.

Horizons is a shuttle transportation company that will cover sanford airport to the parks.
i read that they charge $35 pp from 7am to 7 pm.
hours outside of that are much higher.

it is a shuttle that stops at various hotels.

Anyone ever used Suntransfers? They seem to a world wide operation but the reviews on their website seem to be mainly from Europe so I was wondering if anyone had ever used the in Orlando?

I am going to take my family of 5 and my DBIL's family of 5 to Universal my treat. (Because DBIL is paying for our 7 day DVC AKL savannah view stay):cool1:

I am trying to figure out the best way to go about this- We will leave hotel to go to Universal for 2 nights- then need to get to Disney.

I am trying to decide cost efficient and ease of transportation.
I am leaning towards a car service to Universal (but I am concerned if they can fit our luggage because our stretch limo to the airport can barely do this, 5 large luggage and 5 carry-ons)
Would it be best to get our return trip to the Airport and take the Magical Express or is it the same cost to just go to AKL?

I want to get a 3 day tix to parks do a park day on our arrival at US (our least fave), next day IOA for a full day and on our departure day a 1/2 day at IOA to do HP again.

I think a car service may be the best option for ease of use and the face we want to leave around 1pm, for AKL

Any opinions on my logic or any suggestions?:confused: thanks for any help:hug:

O.K. no on has answered went back and read all the pages.
New question
We have 9 in our party and luggage, do you think we could book on big van for all of us and do you think Tony would have that van?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter