Transportation Question

trjme

Earning My Ears
Its been a while since I have been to Disney but do remember never having a problem with transportion to and from whatever park but the last time we went we went to the parks around 1000am and left around 0500pm each day. Only had one child then and was very tired carrying her around all day. This time we plan to go early, come back for a break and then stay until closing in each park at least once. Is transportation so crowded at closing time that you may not get on your bus and have to wait for another? Would I be better off driving to the park when we go back in the evenings?

If you stay at the park until closing, you may have to wait for a second, or even third, bus, boat or monorail. Some of it depends on the season - if it's peak season then it will be more likely than during slower seasons.

If you are concerned, it is easy to drive to Epcot, the Studios, and AK, and I often do that if I'm traveling with my mom, who is older and can not stand on a moving bus without a great risk of falling. However, since you have to park in the main parking lot and take either the monorail or ferry boat to MK if you drive, I would never suggest driving to MK to avoid crowded transportation. There's just no way around it at that park. You have a couple of options. You can leave a little bit before the park closes and beat the rush, or you can sit on a bench and let the park clear out a little, and leave at the end of the rush.

It can be very crowded at park closing. There are several things you can do.....leave the park a bit earlier than park closing, hang at the park while the crowds thin out.
If you drive to the park, you are going to get caught up in a swarm of people heading to their cars as well...especially at MK.
If it were me, and I had an issue with waiting a longish time for a bus, I would just buy an ice cream and sit and people watch at the end of the day. Then, about 25 mins after the park closed, amble on down to the bus stops.

Absolutely avoid leaving any park at closing time. It's not worth the bother. This includes bus riders and those who have cars.

A few years back my teenage son and I watched "Wishes" which closed the MK. After the show we sat down on a bench right by the castle and watched the mad dash down Main Street by the crowds. After 15-20 minutes or so we slowly walked down a very quiet Main Street to a very quiet bus loading area. The mobs were gone!

Take your time leaving any park. Sit, shop, anything....but don't try to get out right away. It only takes a few minutes for everything to quiet down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter