Transfers and Palo/Remy going up...

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
(news items in the sidebar)

...now might be a good time to think about prepaying gratuities as an increase for those may not be far behind.

disney-cruise-terminal-magical-express-bus-clear.jpg

Hmm, for larger families like mine this is feels like a good excuse to try out a minnie van transfer. In fact, if you have 6 people in your party, the cost is pretty much the same for bus ($234) and minnie van ($240).

I find it strange that the Castaway Cay massages are going down in price...not that I'm arguing with it lol!

(news items in the sidebar)

...now might be a good time to think about prepaying gratuities as an increase for those may not be far behind.

That’s the one thing that needs to go up. It’s been a lot of years since the tip positions had a pay raise. Sure people can pay them extra if they want, but they will get more money if the recommened tip went up.

That’s the one thing that needs to go up. It’s been a lot of years since the tip positions had a pay raise. Sure people can pay them extra if they want, but they will get more money if the recommened tip went up.

Oh yeah. I agree. I always add more - but I like to prepay them anyway to have it covered already and then I just budget for extra as necessary. I forget how DCL does it (if I've even been cruising them since they increased the last time), but I know when other lines I've looked at have done it, any that are pre-paid are locked in at that rate, any that are not pre-paid are increased. Granted they also give at least a couple of days notice as opposed to saying "effective today" and not giving people a chance to purchase (in the case of transfers) or reserve (in the case of dining if your window is open and you just hadn't reserved yet).

I am pretty thankful I booked my ground transfer 2 days ago (we decided to go ahead with the simplicity of the Disney bus vs renting a car)! And I have the Palo reservation locked down too!

I'm glad my booking window opened on the 12th and I booked my Palo brunch then. I'll have to check to make sure I get charged the $30 for booking prior to today instead of the new price.

The question of whether I will ever try Palo/Remy has now been answered. I always tip my servers and steward extra, so I wouldn't mind if they raised the tips and saved me the effort of adjusting them.

At first I was irritated because I was on the fence about booking Palo solo on my next cruise (only me and DS going and he is not 18 yet) and hadn't booked it yet. But then I remembered that mine is free anyway, unless they change or take that away from the Platinum cruisers.

But I think $40 may be the point where it is getting to be too much for brunch, at least it would be for me if we still had to pay. For two people with tip that puts it at or over $100 and I'm not sure I would pay that.

I'm surprised it went up that much all at once considering the last price increase was only $5.

I'm not surprised that rates are going up, but I am a little surprised the increase for Remy is so much..! At $90 per person we decided to skip it and not have to bring full sets of formal clothing to boot on our cruise next week... at $125 per person I'm not sure we'll ever do it again. $35 is (ok, almost) another meal at Palo..! I checked yesterday and could still have reserved dinner at both on the second sea day so its not like it was fully booked all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!