Trails End Re-opening Announced (Family Style)

While I also think the new menu is somewhat underwhelming, we always go to TE when staying at FW and I am willing to give it a try. Keeps me from manning the grill one night and I think I can eat $30 worth of brisket. :rotfl2:We will be back the first week of August and I saw in a recent article that bookings for Citrico's which opens two days earlier starts on 7/1. Anyone know when you can start booking TE?

Last edited:
The dinner sounds underwhelming.

Yeah it does. One menu skillet supposedly offering "a little bit of several things".

It's a lame start out of the gate. Hopefully there will be more offerings if they can get business to grow with this initial offering. :rolleyes: I get the KISS start out of the pandemic but then again Disney management goobs were never about making smart aggressive changes that had a possibility of a high reward. It smacks of "decision making by committee" with nobody at the table willing to take any kind of risk. So they will limp along versus take off.

On a different matter ......

I did not see the much-loved Trails End Bread Pudding and Praline Sauce listed on the new menu. So in tribute, here are my two threads about A) getting the recipes and B) my attempt to make them at home.

Getting the Trails End Bread Pudding and Praline Sauce Recipes (2017)

Making the Trails End Bread Pudding and Praline Sauce (2017)

Improvements/suggestions to my methods in the linked threads are welcome. Of course, I'll have to make a pan-ful of bread pudding to answer definitively. :laughing:

Bama Ed

Quite frankly, I think I would rather take a 5 minute bus ride to the Lodge and go to Whispering Canyon, or Geyser Point. Whispering Canyon has the family style dinner that does a better variety of food for slightly more. And Geyser Point has a great variety of dishes at a great value.

Are the boats open between the Fort and Lodge yet?

Well, darn, I'd been looking forward to this, the way it was before.
So the only two meats are brisket and chicken sausage? For $30? And $5.50 for a lemonade.
The sundae looks good, but not $30 good.
Good thing we'll have a car.

As I was going to bed last night I thought. You know, we could make really awesome sundays ourselves from the grocery store.

Just watched the You Tube video from Paging Mr Morrow when he dines at the newly reopened Trails End. WOW, looks better than the buffet version! PLUS they had both rotisserie AND fried chicken.

Just took a look at P&Js vs the new TE's allergy menus. Are they even serious??? P&Js wins hands down.

The only thing I can figure is the TE menu is a 'place holder' until they can get staffing and suppliers 'ramped up'.

Just watched the You Tube video from Paging Mr Morrow when he dines at the newly reopened Trails End. WOW, looks better than the buffet version! PLUS they had both rotisserie AND fried chicken.
Yeah, I saw a couple YouTube videos. One guy knew to ASK for the fried chicken and another couple did not, so they got the rotisserie.

Yeah, I saw a couple YouTube videos. One guy knew to ASK for the fried chicken and another couple did not, so they got the rotisserie.

Wait, we CAN get the fried chicken? I missed that somewhere. We’re going to the Fort in December and were so disappointed. That would be great!

I guess so if you ask for it to substitute for your rotisserie chicken.

Hope they don't close that loophole before you get there, Poohbear538. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed
Same here! We might have to stop by before we stay. Glad we’re locals…

I looked over the menu for Trail's End on Disney's earlier and am still confused' I saw in the PLANT BASED breakfast menu. Can someone please tell me PLANT produces EGGS. I can only assume that one of my Hero's in life The Great Mike Baxter ( He stands right there with Tim The Tool Man Taylor ) in his documentary series "LAST MAN STANDING " , one proclaimed to after learning his daughters vegan boyfriend was coming for dinner, " I just came back from the Supermarket The only vegetable I got was Chicken !" Was he proclaiming scientific fact?

Last edited:
Season the eggs with bacon chips
My daughter when she was 5 told a lady at the supermarket, did you know the pig is the worlds tastiest animal. Shes 9 now and everytime i see bacon i cant help to here that question in my mind. Up untill that point in her life she only ate rice and pasta. Bacon was the breakthrough food. Made me proud........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter