trading pins

brandys78

Earning My Ears
We are going to disney for the 1st time and my daughter would like to trade pins. I picked up a grab bag but Im wondering which ones i can trade some say pro pin, or cast lanyard or official trading pin. Can I trade all of them. Is there any rules that i need to know. Brandy

A grab bag is a GREAT idea.

If you are trading with cast members, they will trade you any pin for any pin, provided you have official Disney pins (they will have Disney stamped on the back of them)... unless the cast member is wearing a green lanyard, in which case they will only trade with children.

Nope, no rules as to whether cast members will only trade "good" pins for "good" pins - their only restriction (aside from the items having to be real Disney) is that they cannot already have the pin you are trying to give them.

Here's a link that should answer most of your questions:

If you have any others, please post here, or PM me... I love pin trading (as does my whole family)!

A lot of cast members will trade pins with kids even if they already have it mind you. It just means they have to go and swap them off at the end of the day with some other pin from the cast pile. It's not really meant to happen but they do sometimes do it so you may notice them wearing a lanyard containing 2 identicle pins.

There used to also be a rule only 2 trades per lanyard per day so if 1 cast member had 3 pins you liked you could only trade for 2 of them but this also seems to have been relaxed and not sure if this still goes on.

One of the good tips is if you have a pin you really don't care for and a cast member has a mystery pin (basically they attach the pin backwards on their lanyard so no one can see what it is) go for it because you can always trade it again with someone else. I always leave the pins I'm not sure about until last though as before Ive ended up trading a pin that I then decided I wanted to keep so definately trade the ones you really don't want first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter