Trader Sam's virtual queue (WDW) any logistics?

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Has anyone heard of or experienced how the virtual queue is working for Trader Sam's?
Does your entire party need to be present to be put on queue? Once you are paged/text how much time do they give you to get back? etc..
TIA

We just did this today (Monday).

We showed up to put our name in at 1:45 today. The person taking names said we would be in the first wave, but standing room. We put our name in and we were told to come back by 3 (opening). We were called in at that point, and we were able to sit down (only two of us, and there was a two seat place under the goddess). We were probably one of the last groups to get a seat- a couple came in after us and took the low area by the bar and stood while they had their drinks.

Just like checking at an Denny's. Show up, tell them you name and party number, if you want seating, and cell number, and they put you on the list. They'll give you an estimate as to when you might hear. I think they estimate ~2 hours per party, most don't stay that long.

When they text you they have space it means they have space right now. After ~15 minutes, they'll give it away. If you show up after they give it away (within a reasonable amount of time), they'll give you the option to wait and hang-out until space is available.

Is it necessary to sign up for the waitlist for Tiki Terrace seating?

No, the terrace has a lot more space and less demand, I've never seen a wait. Terrace drinks are all "to go" drinks and come in plastic cups. You can still pay for the mug and pick it up at the Grog Grotto. Often, at night, there has been live music on the terrace. I did the GG once in our trip, but hung out on the terrace a few nights for a mai tai and live music.

Just like checking at an Denny's. Show up, tell them you name and party number, if you want seating, and cell number, and they put you on the list. They'll give you an estimate as to when you might hear. I think they estimate ~2 hours per party, most don't stay that long.

When they text you they have space it means they have space right now. After ~15 minutes, they'll give it away. If you show up after they give it away (within a reasonable amount of time), they'll give you the option to wait and hang-out until space is available.

No, the terrace has a lot more space and less demand, I've never seen a wait. Terrace drinks are all "to go" drinks and come in plastic cups. You can still pay for the mug and pick it up at the Grog Grotto. Often, at night, there has been live music on the terrace. I did the GG once in our trip, but hung out on the terrace a few nights for a mai tai and live music.
Thanks for the quick reply. We've done Trader Sam's before, so I don't care about being inside the bar, but I want the new Nautilus. 😁

our experience was they called a name, if they weren't there, they paged them and kept going down the list till they were full. If you were paged and got there before they were full, you got in, if not you waited. That was what the person at the door told us as well after getting on the list. maybe they have changed their policy since.

our experience was they called a name, if they weren't there, they paged them and kept going down the list till they were full. If you were paged and got there before they were full, you got in, if not you waited. That was what the person at the door told us as well after getting on the list. maybe they have changed their policy since.

That may be more accurate.

It sounds like the only way to get on the waiting list is to go in person - is that right?

Yes, you do it at the host station.

We're staying at Poly and will be in our room watching a football game on a Sunday. I''d love to time admittance for after the game around 5. Anyone have an opinion on when I should go get on the list?

We have found that if you go late, things open up at Sam's. I think it is no kids after 8pm.

Does anyone know what time they begin taking reservations for opening? I think I've seen reports of people getting in line around 1?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!