Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

Dis_Yoda said:
If you really hate yourself & want to prepare, Clermont Florida is doing a 10 Miler tomorrow called the Summer Death race.

Event schedule and times

1:30 PM Saturday, June 21, 2014
Clay Road Clermont
Summer Death March 10 Miler and 5K wiil
both start promptly at 1:30 PM.
No children under 16 please.
Finisher medals to all that have the fortitude to finish

Holy skin cancer, Batman! I start 10 miler and WDW Marathon training in July and am already cringing at the heat when I step outside just to take my car out. I try to wrap up training long runs before noon on Saturdays. Kinda sad when the highlight of your training run is a tropical thunderstorm. LOL!

I just returned from a run so I may be delirious...but I thought the bash went until 4? I was ordering tickets and now it says 3:30?

I just returned from a run so I may be delirious...but I thought the bash went until 4? I was ordering tickets and now it says 3:30?

That is weird when I ordered mine I could swear it was also 4am, I've been telling my friend who's going with me that it goes on till 4am. They must of changed it for some reason.

I highly doubt I will last that long anyway, especially since I was considering making rope drop at MK on Sunday. But, having never been to one of these parties I don't know how much fun they are. If I am having fun I will stay.

Just a status on my progress. Did my run today. I am up to 7.13 miles as of today's run. Yes, those .13 matter cuz I was toast by then. :) My right leg keeps going numb. I thought I kicked that for a while but it is back. So frustrating. But, this time I stopped and shook it out. It went away and never came back. So weird. Oh well. Haven't posted in a couple days and I was happy about the mileage increase so I thought I'd write.

Then I looked at the calendar. In order to be ready for the marathon I signed up for I need to increase my miles by one each week. This puts me at like 14-18 miles in August. If that doesn't get me ready for the ToT nothing will. It can get to mid to high 90's with 80+% humidity up here in August.

That is weird when I ordered mine I could swear it was also 4am, I've been telling my friend who's going with me that it goes on till 4am. They must of changed it for some reason.

Ok I feel better now! At least we probably aren't BOTH losing our minds!

Holy skin cancer, Batman! I start 10 miler and WDW Marathon training in July and am already cringing at the heat when I step outside just to take my car out. I try to wrap up training long runs before noon on Saturdays. Kinda sad when the highlight of your training run is a tropical thunderstorm. LOL!

I wonder how the turn out for that event was.

I am doing all my training after work in the evenings. Yes the heat is not fun. I like the fact that making the 12:30 now will be very helpful for October to have a lot more fun on course. Also when the Goofy rolls around in January

When I signed up for the run I thought it was listed as to 3am. I was thinking that was strange but figured they were cutting back. I did not hang around that late the park last year to see how large the crowd was.

I have this vague recollection of the end time changing a couple times leading up to the race last year, so they may still be tinkering.

I really thought when race registration opened the party was until 3AM. So, I'm so happy it's now at 330! But if they want to extend it til 4, then all the better.

I would mind if they said, stay all night and be the first in line for the rope drop that morning. :dance3:

So has anyone who booked with RunDisney figured out a way to be able to get fastpass+ for their trip? Currently, if you book for RunDisney you cannot put your tickets on the magic bands until you check into your hotel or you can buy them out from your package, but lose your dining plan.

I posted about it here under the title: RunDisney & Fastpass+ Fail (I would post the link but since I haven't posted enough disboard won't let me. Although, I promise I am not a spambot ;) )

Looking for advice because let's be real, I want to have some fastpasses as well as my dining package.

Ps. Hope everyone's training is going well!

So has anyone who booked with RunDisney figured out a way to be able to get fastpass+ for their trip? Currently, if you book for RunDisney you cannot put your tickets on the magic bands until you check into your hotel or you can buy them out from your package, but lose your dining plan. I posted about it here under the title: RunDisney & Fastpass+ Fail (I would post the link but since I haven't posted enough disboard won't let me. Although, I promise I am not a spambot ;) ) Looking for advice because let's be real, I want to have some fastpasses as well as my dining package. Ps. Hope everyone's training is going well!
I have a friend traveling with a baseball team in the same predicament. You can't get your tickets until check in so no FP+ until the day you arrive.
For the ToT, I'm buying my park tickets directly through the ESPN link and booked as a room only. No free dining at POR but I don't usually get the dining plan anyway. I agree, it is a fail.

So has anyone who booked with RunDisney figured out a way to be able to get fastpass+ for their trip? Currently, if you book for RunDisney you cannot put your tickets on the magic bands until you check into your hotel or you can buy them out from your package, but lose your dining plan.

I posted about it here under the title: RunDisney & Fastpass+ Fail (I would post the link but since I haven't posted enough disboard won't let me. Although, I promise I am not a spambot ;) )

Looking for advice because let's be real, I want to have some fastpasses as well as my dining package.

Ps. Hope everyone's training is going well!

Just curious if you checked the prices through the regular special offers on the Disney website? I booked through the regular Disney website because the special offer was cheaper than runDisney. So, not only might you save money but then it might solve the ticket issue as well.

I'm running the 5K in October, buy my daughter (who will be 14) is running the 10 miler. I'm so proud of her. She's been really pushing but couldn't get her average under 10 minute miles. Both runs this week have been under 10 - barely, but she had 9:28 yesterday and 9:50 today. :banana: Her new goal is to maintain that for a few runs and then try to cut it down a little more. :banana:

I have a friend traveling with a baseball team in the same predicament. You can't get your tickets until check in so no FP+ until the day you arrive.
For the ToT, I'm buying my park tickets directly through the ESPN link and booked as a room only. No free dining at POR but I don't usually get the dining plan anyway. I agree, it is a fail.

What is the ESPN link? Are the ticket prices cheaper through this link?

What is the ESPN link? Are the ticket prices cheaper through this link?

It was an email from support@active.com with a subject of registration confirmation. The ticket discount is nice. I compared all of the discount options with all of the rack rates. Some have a better discount than others. Keep in mind you can't use the ticket discount in combination with free dining and you have to pay for your tickets in full when you buy them.

Good to know. I booked with free dining so guess I couldn't have used anyway. I tried to sweet talk them into letting me book free dining through WDW and get the 3 day park hopper for the price of a two day standard through Run Disney but was shot down. Oh well, never used the dining plan but for us it can't be beat!

Thanks.

ok. Disregard the previous post. I thought this was some sort of other discount but just checked and it's the TOWER discount. Yeah, that is a great deal, but we were not going to be there long enough to use the 3 days of passes so figured, just book 2 days and enjoy the free dining.

ok. Disregard the previous post. I thought this was some sort of other discount but just checked and it's the TOWER discount. Yeah, that is a great deal, but we were not going to be there long enough to use the 3 days of passes so figured, just book 2 days and enjoy the free dining.

I went ahead and booked 4 days tickets (the number of days we'll be in Florida), but need to sit down and decide how many days we'll actually use them. I can probably save us a little $$.

I mean it's a big discount in tickets and the park hopper option is super cheap through this site but I figured that I would be saving probably at least 30 dollars going with the dining plan versus the discounted tickets. And actually it will probably be closer to 75 for savings once I add it up. I may actually keep tracking just cause I'm curious. Plus, I think I rather pay up front and not have to worry about spending money.

But I will definitely look into the discounted ticket option on the next race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter