Touring Plan's Reservation Finder

Just snagged Bon Voyage breakfast for October. I missed the first alert so signed up again and caught it the second time around. Nice service, especially for free.

Snagged a 1:20 lunch for 3 at Sci Fi this morning. Touring Plans texted me really (really) early, and I didn't notice it until 7:45. Still got it!

Im assuming you know there is no Beast at lunch ;)
Yes - we had lunch reservations there already and are going to keep those. Just trying to find a Dinner one now for any combination of us - from just Anabelle and me to all 6 of us - so we can get a picture. I still have 40 days til our trip and more than that til the day I'm looking for, so here's hoping one opens up.

Just got a Crystal Palace early dinner ressie (exactly what I was hoping for) for 12/2 from a TP notification! :cool1: got it 15 min. after notification FYI..

I'm really upset about how fast one must act to catch a reservation TP has found! It found one at BOG in October (we're only there for 2 nights, and one is MNSSHP) for me a few nights ago, and even though I dropped what I was doing, grabbed my phone, and logged in to the MDE app, I wasn't fast enough. Probably no more than 30 seconds had gone by from the time when I got the text to the time when I saw the reservation wasn't there! Seriously, how fast do my reflexes need to be?! This morning I got another text and missed it. It was a time later than we want to eat dinner, though, and I'm not sure I would have taken it if I'd been able to get it. Still, though, it makes me really upset. Do people just hover over the MDE app waiting for a text?! I don't like feeling that I have to be chained to my phone, like I can't be away from it for even a minute.

I'm really upset about how fast one must act to catch a reservation TP has found! It found one at BOG in October (we're only there for 2 nights, and one is MNSSHP) for me a few nights ago, and even though I dropped what I was doing, grabbed my phone, and logged in to the MDE app, I wasn't fast enough. Probably no more than 30 seconds had gone by from the time when I got the text to the time when I saw the reservation wasn't there! Seriously, how fast do my reflexes need to be?! This morning I got another text and missed it. It was a time later than we want to eat dinner, though, and I'm not sure I would have taken it if I'd been able to get it. Still, though, it makes me really upset. Do people just hover over the MDE app waiting for a text?! I don't like feeling that I have to be chained to my phone, like I can't be away from it for even a minute.
I leave my computer on with the Disney page open. I haven't had good luck using the app.

Regarding people hovering: I guess it depends on how bad you want the ADR.

It's the unknown of how many others have put in the same parameters as your request or who just happens to be searching for the 1st time and happens to get lucky at that very moment a ressie is available. TP merely does random (or timed...who knows) searches and matches to the requests it has. Its mostly just a game of luck. It is promising to see that people do cancel and ressies do become available from time to time, especially within 24 hrs of a ressies when people cancel last minute. Thankfully I have been lucky even with the hard to get ones thanks to TP and the cancel boards on here. Good Luck in your search!

I leave my computer on with the Disney page open. I haven't had good luck using the app.

Regarding people hovering: I guess it depends on how bad you want the ADR.

The only time I use a computer is for work, really. If I waited to get our home computer booted up (or get my kids off of it!), I would be guaranteed to lose the reservation. At least with my phone, I have it nearby, and it's ready to go. I am going to try leaving a window open in Safari, though, instead of going through the app. The app takes so long to load!

It just got me the late bog ADR I have been wanting! Plan Is desert and a bottle of champagne! Now our vacation is complete

I've found that using a text to inform me of a possible ADR works faster than an email. Like others I leave a tab open with key info filled in to secure a Touring Plan RF.

I just got a BOG reservation thanks to TP!! It's later than we'd like (by about 2 hours), but if nothing else turns up, we can sleep in the following morning. I'm really happy. :)

Why are you upset? Someone is searching for you, in the same way you would search. If you were searching for yourself and found a reservation, you'd have to act instantly in most cases to grab it. It's not called the Reservation Getter. It's called the Reservation Finder ;)

I will say that I have grabbed reservations I knew friends were looking for and then arranged a time when we would do a drop/add. As soon as I hit drop, my friend hits refresh, the reservation appears and they grab it. Under 10 seconds. That's how that happens.

Why are you upset? Someone is searching for you, in the same way you would search. If you were searching for yourself and found a reservation, you'd have to act instantly in most cases to grab it. It's not called the Reservation Getter. It's called the Reservation Finder ;)

I will say that I have grabbed reservations I knew friends were looking for and then arranged a time when we would do a drop/add. As soon as I hit drop, my friend hits refresh, the reservation appears and they grab it. Under 10 seconds. That's how that happens.
It's a moot point now. I got my reservation so it's all good. :)

Yesterday I got a text advising me of a OHanas ressie on Dec 16 for 8 people. It was gone in 20 seconds. Ugh

Still unable for find a reservation at Be Our Guest for lunch on 10/14 for five people, but on a brighter note, Touring Plans snagged me one for November 17 for two!

Add me to list of people who love this. I was able to move two reservations to earlier times, and scored Crystal Palace for Sunday, 11/26. The CP notification came around 2am, and I happened to wake up around 3 and check the time using my phone. I saw the text, and I couldn't go back to sleep without trying to get the reservation! I'll be sleeping in that morning before a late breakfast. ;)

TP helped me a ton last year. This year it "found" quite a few for me that were gone within 20 seconds of my text alert.

I think they have become a lot more popular. It's still a great service, but probably more helpful if you don't have to compete like a maniac with 50 other people with the same search as you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter