Totwl guest policy

Interesting, I always thought the owners still 'controlled' it hence why it's open to resale buyers as it's part of the property paid by dues.
Can you get to the deck without going via the lounge? If not and the owners pay for the deck, then DVD or whoever leases it may be obliged to give access?
I can't understand how owners lease it to Disney, but no-one knows the lease terms? Would it have to be on the comptroller's website? Wouldn't the price paid have to be disclosed and credited to members,? Seems v odd.

Interesting, I always thought the owners still 'controlled' it hence why it's open to resale buyers as it's part of the property paid by dues.
Can you get to the deck without going via the lounge? If not and the owners pay for the deck, then DVD or whoever leases it may be obliged to give access?
I can't understand how owners lease it to Disney, but no-one knows the lease terms? Would it have to be on the comptroller's website? Wouldn't the price paid have to be disclosed and credited to members,? Seems v odd.

As owners we give all powers to DVCMC and the association board. They do as they see fit including the leases that we never see or vote on. I have asked questions face to face at association meetings that were never answered and a few months ago tried to find out what our dues actually pay for and how is the amount determined. After several discussions and transfers to different departments, I can't find the answer or get the promised call backs. My question was how is the transportation budget amount for each resort determined, do we pay for transportation that only services the resort or are all transportation costs across property totaled and each resort billed a portion of that cost based on occupancy or the number of rooms. Do all of the resorts pay for the monorail, the buses, boats, and skyliner? A BWV guest might use the monorail, you would think that we help pay for the monorail.

:earsboy: Bill

A BWV guest might use the monorail, you would think that we help pay for the monorail.

Things can get mighty complicated mighty quickly there. Off-site guests are probably the #1 user of the Magic Kingdom monorail. Does Disney take a portion of their gate ticket to pay for it? It wouldn't make sense to take on-site people's money, as they mostly use the bus. The exact math that goes into things like transportation costs could get to be mind-numbing. I am pretty confident that they just divvy up transportation costs based on what resorts are actually attached to that form and call it even. That way, I pay my $200 a year or whatever it may be for the monorail, but get to use the Skyliner and view the animals at AKV in return.

I think DVC is great for Disney in terms of divvying up what was otherwise Disney operating costs and getting owners to pay chunks. Like the new facilities at Wilderness lodge, no doubt heavily advertised for the cash side of the business. I know VWL owners are scratching heads over heavy dues increases this year.
Bill- your posts make me chuckle. Good to see a total realist and sceptic, rather than pixie dust blinded responses.

I think DVC is great for Disney in terms of divvying up what was otherwise Disney operating costs and getting owners to pay chunks. Like the new facilities at Wilderness lodge, no doubt heavily advertised for the cash side of the business. I know VWL owners are scratching heads over heavy dues increases this year.
Bill- your posts make me chuckle. Good to see a total realist and sceptic, rather than pixie dust blinded responses.

Disney provides great entertainment but they are a company bent on making billions and billions in profit and that sometimes makes a company cross the line and or mistakes can happen. There have been issues in the past like with other companies and if we just blindly accept what Disney feeds us without question, things can go south. DVC collects probably hundreds of millions dues each year and I just wanted to know what we actually pay for and how the amount is determined. Perhaps my involvement with Wells Fargo, Enron, and several data breaches makes we realize that no matter how wonderful a company seems on the surface, things can and do go wrong. I just don't want them to go wrong at WDW because we still love the place.

As a BLT owner who pays through our dues to keep the lounge and viewing deck open, I would be upset if I could not access the area because it is full of non BLT owners or other guests.

My take is if there is plenty of room they don't care. I've had them scan my band and check reservations on a black out date.... To last night where it's fairly empty and they don't check anyone. If I was denied access as an owner because it was full of "guests" then sure there is a legitimate concern. UT most nights... Not even close to capacity.

While their are BLT only blackout dates, Perhaps if they let BLT owners have first dibs (with entrance for them only up to 1 hour) prior to the FW it'd give them a leg up.

As stated though, it's usually a moot point, plenty of room

If it wasn't a commercial enterprise it would close, and probably be an empty space. As mentioned, most nights there is plenty of room. A BLT owner told me she was delighted when it was opened up to other onsite DVC owners, as it had been dead before and she was worried it would be shut.
It seems the current policy strikes the correct balance. On the couple of peak evenings, only BLT guests go up as everyone wants to go up. On other nights DVC owners and guests staying on site, perhaps relaxing the staying on site aspect at their discretion when it is totally dead.

To be clear there are two venues, TOTWL which is the lounge and bar and the viewing deck which is separate. Disney could close the lounge while keeping the viewing deck open.

To be clear there are two venues, TOTWL which is the lounge and bar and the viewing deck which is separate. Disney could close the lounge while keeping the viewing deck open.

Or do a cover charge/drink minimum. It always surprises me how many folks just sitting vs consuming beverages/munchies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter