Total Nightmare @ Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that's the M.O.:

OP: "Something bad happened--what's the address to complain?"

Member X: "What happened?"

OP: "Well, it was (insert problem, large or small, here)."

Members Y-QQQ: "Oh, that's not worth complaining about. Suck it up."

10 pages later, thread locked. So be careful, OP.

This is so very, very true. That's why I try to avoid posting on those type of threads. I would like to see what the OP is taking about as 1. I'm curious and 2. it could be a good heads up or learning etc.

But, just because someone has a bad Disney experience, doesn't mean everyone should should jump on them, flame, or tell them to get over it etc. But folks do. Sorry, but Disney is not perfect. Just because I have always had a great vacation, doesn't mean bad things or bad experiences could happen to other.

Yes, some do go a bit overboard and get what they do deserve. IE Mousekeeping was horrible my entire trip. Went back to my resort room after a day at MK and their was a piece of paper on the floor by the trash can. :sad2:

But if someone experienced every other other ride was breaking down every day, or service/food was really bad for over half their meals, or they had to wait 30mins for every bus to a park etc. I think they have a right to complain.

And the posts of; I'm sorry you had a bad trip but we had a great trip and everything was wonderful or even though you bad $3,000.00 for your trip, you shouldn't complain because everyone can make mistakes etc just makes it worst for the OP IMO. I have done the I'm sorry posts too, but not anymore.

Oh well, I hope the OP shares their experience.

I am guessing it depends on the severity of the infraction. I've emailed them only once and got a phone call from management.

Ahhh no actually twice and got calls back both times... and once was on Christmas day!

It isn't entirely fruitless ~ so I would recommend email them and be very specific to your complaints AND very specific about what you think the resolution should be.

I sent an e-mail and received a call back too. E-mail seems to work pretty well.

Well, well, well...
2 pages without even a story, I Missed Board So Much:)
OP, if you do not want to share, don't, you do not have to tell anyone anything but please next time do not write such eye catching title and do not add angry smilie if you do not want to share. Basically your thread is a star of a day right now and you will get flamed even without sharing a word.

You can also get the address of the specific resort if you stayed on property. Write a letter to the manager of the hotel. chances are very good if you take teh timeto write a reasonable letter sharing your experiences, you will get a response.

however, as another poster said, if it's remedy you are after, your best bet for future reference is to address concerns right away while you are at WDW.

If your concerns are legal remedy-worthy, then that would be another matter entirely.

I don't know. I figure that if people post for information that could be easily obtained by Googling, that they want the attention that the question draws. Especially when it is only their 3rd post on the site.

Um people it's a troll........ :rotfl2:

My thoughts exactly. Hence why I don't expect OP to come back.

So let's make it a thread worth reading!

If you have complained to Disney what was it about? Did you hear back? What was the outcome? Any reason you didn't complain while there?

Here are my two:

We traveled for a quickie weekend about 3 years ago when my oldest DD was only 2. We were on dining and had dinner at two different Buffets (Crystal Palace for SURE and I *think* 1900 Park Fare) Any who. I left DH to do all that signing and tipping while I tended to the kiddies. DD2 was probably 6 months old maybe. Anyway when we got home I was looking at the receipts and they charged us for DD2. DH... being well... DH ... didn't really pay close attention and didn't think anything of it. So I didn't complain while there because I didn't know. So I sent an email and the first person I talked to said that it was correct to pay for her because she had her own plate that she was only free if she sat on my lap and ate off my plate OR alternatively I could put some food on the the TABLE for her to eat. Ummmm? Like a dog?

The ended up refunded our money but INSISTED that we were charged appropriately.

The other time was in September we did CRT and paid OOP for the ressie and then ended up deciding to use TS credits. They never refunded our credit card and I realized it just before Christmas. So I emailed them and the manager of CRT called back on Christmas to tell us he was looking into it and called later on Christmas day to say he found it and XXX happened (can't remember WHY) and that he would process the refund but it may take a while due to centralized refunds (new refund process) and it actually showed up in a couple days. He called a THIRD time a couple weeks later to make sure we got the refund. :)

Really the first thing ticked me off more because they insisted that under three is only free if they DON'T use a plate. :rolleyes:

I don't know. I figure that if people post for information that could be easily obtained by Googling, that they want the attention that the question draws. Especially when it is only their 3rd post on the site.

I agree to some point with you.

But you would be amazed at how many don't bother to Google the simplest things.
I work with developers and 9 times out of 10 they can get the answer to their questions on Google, yet they call tech support.
Then tech support points them to Google.
A good developer will always check Google first IMO. It is rare you will find a new issue that someone else has not already had and worked around.

I also do think that very often people only register here to post their complaints.
Many times when you see a really long complaint post it is someone’s first post.

It is the nature of the beast, people are always quick to complain , but not as quick to post a good experience.

Really?? :headache:

I would suspect details are to follow... as pp said "complaints to disney" is easy enough to google w/o hitting the DIS to find out... :rolleyes:

Well DUH! :headache: if you google it you don't get hundreds of people asking you what happened, giving you fake empathy, or ripping you a new one. Googling is just too quick and simple with no drama involved. :rolleyes1

Wow...amazing - it is actually going a bit downhill, even without the details being provided. I guess I poked a hornet's nest more than I thought. Someone better pass me that popcorn too...

popcorn::

It is kinda funny how fast this has deteriorated, without the OP supplying a single detail.popcorn::

Actually everything that we discuss, any question can be Googled but we post here instead. I do not think that this is indication of being a troll, however as I pointed before, thread has an eye catching title with angry smilie, sure sign of attention seeking which is good if you plan to share and participate in discussion, otherwise it is a good call for popcorn::

My thoughts exactly. Hence why I don't expect OP to come back.

So let's make it a thread worth reading!

If you have complained to Disney what was it about? Did you hear back? What was the outcome? Any reason you didn't complain while there?

Here are my two:

We traveled for a quickie weekend about 3 years ago when my oldest DD was only 2. We were on dining and had dinner at two different Buffets (Crystal Palace for SURE and I *think* 1900 Park Fare) Any who. I left DH to do all that signing and tipping while I tended to the kiddies. DD2 was probably 6 months old maybe. Anyway when we got home I was looking at the receipts and they charged us for DD2. DH... being well... DH ... didn't really pay close attention and didn't think anything of it. So I didn't complain while there because I didn't know. So I sent an email and the first person I talked to said that it was correct to pay for her because she had her own plate that she was only free if she sat on my lap and ate off my plate OR alternatively I could put some food on the the TABLE for her to eat. Ummmm? Like a dog?

The ended up refunded our money but INSISTED that we were charged appropriately.

The other time was in September we did CRT and paid OOP for the ressie and then ended up deciding to use TS credits. They never refunded our credit card and I realized it just before Christmas. So I emailed them and the manager of CRT called back on Christmas to tell us he was looking into it and called later on Christmas day to say he found it and XXX happened (can't remember WHY) and that he would process the refund but it may take a while due to centralized refunds (new refund process) and it actually showed up in a couple days. He called a THIRD time a couple weeks later to make sure we got the refund. :)

Really the first thing ticked me off more because they insisted that under three is only free if they DON'T use a plate. :rolleyes:

I would have had the same reaction to being told to put food on a Restaurant table and let my baby eat it from there. It drives me nuts when someone tries to justify something with a ridiculus answer such as you rec'd.
Example, my DS car was towed not too long ago fromm infront of the house, so I called the towing company, so first they tell me DS was parked infront of a fire hydrant -Um nooooooooo fire hydrant is down on the corner of the next road, then they say he was parked in a fire lane, Ummmmm a fire lane in front of our house ??? Long story short we took pics when down and retrieved DS car without paying a cent. Idiots!

Just like your being overcharged -Admit the error , don't try making up lame excuses to cover up someones mistake.

Love it! :rotfl2:

Well DUH! :headache: if you google it you don't get hundreds of people asking you what happened, giving you fake empathy, or ripping you a new one. Googling is just too quick and simple with no drama involved. :rolleyes1
Bingo! :thumbsup2

It is kinda funny how fast this has deteriorated, without the OP supplying a single detail.popcorn::
Well, we have to put some kind of new twist on this type of thing, right!? :lmao:

But, just because someone has a bad Disney experience, doesn't mean everyone should should jump on them, flame, or tell them to get over it etc. But folks do. Sorry, but Disney is not perfect. Just because I have always had a great vacation, doesn't mean bad things or bad experiences could happen to other.
It's also true that one person's "nightmare trip" is another person's "no problem." People go in with different expectations, and different things trigger disappointment in all of us.

But regardless of why someone is upset, if it truly matters to them, then they do need to let Disney know.

For those upthread who did not get the responses they desired, it can be helpful to let Disney know that you expect a call back, or a detailed response, or compensation or ... whatever. Lots of people sign off with, "I wanted you to know that this happened. Thank you!" and never ask for a response. Disney's daily volume of mail makes it impossible for them to reply to everyone, so specifically ASKING for a response will definitely up your chances of getting one.

And, as someone also mentioned upthread, the absolute best time to address any issues is while you're at Disney. If the ten-day trip was truly a ten-day nightmare, I'm hoping that the OP didn't wait until returning to address everything. Details fade, emotion takes over, and something that could have been dealt with quickly, easily and to the Guest's satisfaction if done immediately can take on a life of its own when addressed weeks later. Not to mention that, upon return home, things that didn't bother you at all at the time tend to get pulled into the "post-trip vent", and Disney starts getting blamed for all sorts of stuff that didn't really go wrong.

:earsboy:

Well since the OP didn't tell about the nightmare they had, I can tell about mine that happened over 10 years ago...

We had a rental car that got broken into and EVERYTHING we had got stolen.

My wife (GF at the time) and I along with another couple were visiting friends that were staying on property(All Star). We drove from Sarasota, FL. and arrived at WDW in the evening. We decided to go straight out and wanted to do something fun, so we decided to go play mini golf. Man what a dump that was.

So we parked, went to play, and got back to the car. We didn't notice until we got back to the hotel. We opened up the trunk and bamn. Nothing was there. We started checking for signs and sure enough, there was a drillhole in the keyhole of the passenger's side door. We immediately felt like absolute crap.

The took all our clothes, backpacks, pillows/blankets, DVD's, CD's, mini DVD player, glasses, a cellphone, etc. Everything we had in the trunk was gone... and we had everything we brought in the trunk. that's why we didn't notice right away.

We felt totally violated. We called the police, Disney didn't want any part of it. they did nothing for us and said there were no cameras where we were. It totally ruined our trip.

We didn't go back to Disney for 2 years and the next time we went I still had a sour taste in my mouth. What a bad trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter