Topolino’s New Year’s Event

Pyotr

DIS Veteran
To those who complained about the $99 4th event on at TOW, I give you the $550 New Year’s event at the Riviera.

This is a big nope from me.

Edit: Yes, I realize it's two different things. TOW was supposed to be open to anyone staying at BLT. But some of these paid events have me scratching my head. According to the link, as a member benefit, you get priority booking. Not exactly the kind of benefits I was expecting when purchased direct.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...booking-for-new-years-eve-event-at-topolinos/

Last edited:
I’m not surprised by this. The only surprise to me is that $550/person does not require dressy clothing!

I’m not surprised by this. The only surprise to me is that $550/person does not require dressy clothing!
"Note that the event’s dress code calls for dress pants or slacks with a collared shirt for men. For women, dresses, skirts, pants and blouses are all acceptable options. "

So it's fairly high dress code, slightly above normal signature (kind of between V&A and signature dress code, IMO).

"Note that the event’s dress code calls for dress pants or slacks with a collared shirt for men. For women, dresses, skirts, pants and blouses are all acceptable options. "

So it's fairly high dress code, slightly above normal signature (kind of between V&A and signature dress code, IMO).

Khakis and a polo shirt for DH, slacks and nice blouse for me, right? When I heard $550 pp I thought tux & formal gown! :P

Don’t laugh... if I knew I had the time off, I very well may tickets.

Wife and I love a good NYE party.

Guess we'll be keeping our Akershus dinner reservation then. My girls will be in their princess gowns anyway.

GOOD GOSH!! $550/person!! Holy New Years Eve, Batman! My wife and I ate 3 weeks ago and had 4 glasses
of wine at Shula's for a LOT less than that!!! Are the Disney "Suits" drunk?? We have eaten at Yachtsman for a LOT less than than, and at LeCellier for a lot less than that... We have eaten with 4 people at California Grill (and saw the fireworks) for less than that!!!

It is a lot of money, but we have paid more for NYE things. Getting an Illuminations cruise for NYE costs about $100 per plus tip, and that was a 5 or 6 ago.

This year we are probably paying a $2-3000 premium for sailing on the Magic over NYE.

I would rather be cruising, and I suppose there are those who would want a lavish party, but it’s not me.

I think this is far less appalling than TOTW for July 4, because anyone who expected this would not be a fee party was deluded. They do pricey stuff at a number of venues for NYE and this should view Epcot fireworks.

TOTW used to be free with conditions.

California grills New Years party went up to 500 per person bs 300 and that was 14 plus years ago. That was a black tie thing though. We did Narcoossee’s the year California grill went up to 500. Narcoossee’s was 250 ish I remember but it was semi formal and like 10 corses sit down meal with a live jazz band. It was awesome.

The California grill one was sit down too I think. I know the apps and sushi was walk around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter