TOP OF THE WORLD LOUNGE REOPENING?

Cant believe its been crickets from DVC on this. Alot of folks like my self bought at BLT for this perk.....:(

Cant believe its been crickets from DVC on this. Alot of folks like my self bought at BLT for this perk.....:(

You have to remember it is not DVC in charge of it right now. It is commercial space that we have leased to Disney, who run it and make the decision on when it opens. So, if they don't have the staff or don't feel it is profitable to open and run, it stays shut. Now that the Wave is closing for renovations, I don't see the lounge opening until those are complete as that is where the snacks and food come from.

You have to remember it is not DVC in charge of it right now. It is commercial space that we have leased to Disney, who run it and make the decision on when it opens. So, if they don't have the staff or don't feel it is profitable to open and run, it stays shut. Now that the Wave is closing for renovations, I don't see the lounge opening until those are complete as that is where the snacks and food come from.

Or they could choose to open it without any food.

They could but it’d still be up to Disney and not DVC from the way I understand it.

It doesn't seem very clear on who controls what there. I think DVC mostly does because of their decisions on who can access it, the classes they've held there etc.

I’d rather they just amp up their mixology plus wine program and not bother with a menu beyond cheese, charcuterie, etc.

We never really liked the food.
We loved the mixology class. It was fun. We have gone up there several times for drinks. The one time we ordered food, we never got it. So, we don’t order food anymore.

It doesn't seem very clear on who controls what there. I think DVC mostly does because of their decisions on who can access it, the classes they've held there etc.
I suspect it is a bit of all of the above, defined by contract. It does have its own P&L and is self-supporting, but the contract defines the audience allowed. Some form of rent decrease or "rent payment" is likely made to the tenant for private events.

I think of it a little like the private cafeteria on one of the corporate campuses I used to work at. Obvious access restrictions, and corporate used to sometimes hire the caf for additional catering stuff outside cafeteria service hours. But quite sure whoever was running it (Marriott?) had their own P&L.

In the case of TOTWL, if it is not worth it for Disney to staff and operate with the DVC access restrictions it will lead to a new lease with new operational guideline.

I suspect it is a bit of all of the above, defined by contract. It does have its own P&L and is self-supporting, but the contract defines the audience allowed. Some form of rent decrease or "rent payment" is likely made to the tenant for private events.

I think of it a little like the private cafeteria on one of the corporate campuses I used to work at. Obvious access restrictions, and corporate used to sometimes hire the caf for additional catering stuff outside cafeteria service hours. But quite sure whoever was running it (Marriott?) had their own P&L.

In the case of TOTWL, if it is not worth it for Disney to staff and operate with the DVC access restrictions it will lead to a new lease with new operational guideline.

Great info. Ultimately then, at least for the lounge, it does appear Disney would be the one who will be deciding opening date.

I dont care about the Lounge it self., I just want the Deck open the Lounge is a plus at this point

I believe I just saw on Facebook yesterday in one of the DVC groups, that the observation deck is open for DVC members staying at BLT from July 1- July 4. Grain of sand and all, but a pic of the printout that was posted on a door was shown as reference…🧐 Anyone there now to confirm??

I believe I just saw on Facebook yesterday in one of the DVC groups, that the observation deck is open for DVC members staying at BLT from July 1- July 4. Grain of sand and all, but a pic of the printout that was posted on a door was shown as reference…🧐 Anyone there now to confirm??
I actually called the front desk yesterday and they even checked with the Manager and said "Nope" to even having the deck open. We check in Tomorrow so we shall see

I actually called the front desk yesterday and they even checked with the Manager and said "Nope" to even having the deck open. We check in Tomorrow so we shall see

If you called the desk 99% chance you got an off-site call center. When you check in, ask a real person standing at the real desk.

I have the front desk # sored in my phone. so now I will look down my nose at you for being so condescending
As I understood things, even the "direct" numbers got re-routed to the generic call center (with something letting the CM know to answer "Bay Lake Tower" when the call came in in that #); I think this happened some number of years ago.

As I understood things, even the "direct" numbers got re-routed to the generic call center (with something letting the CM know to answer "Bay Lake Tower" when the call came in in that #); I think this happened some number of years ago.
It is very easy to reroute a phone number if the incoming call is coming from outside a defined set of numbers.

This is also my understanding of what Disney is doing. They receive calls from specific 'internal' exchanges and transfers, but if you call from outside or on your cell you get routed to the call center.

If there is a DVC member in the room and the others are not DVC, can I assume that full party can go? (5 people)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter