Top 5 Lump In Your Throat WDW moments

In no specific order...

Walking towards the castle for the first time every trip

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

Seeing the You Are Entering Walt Disney World sign

Seeing the See Ya Real Soon Sign :(

And of course... WISHES!

5. "Welcome Home" when we get to our DVC resort!!

4. I know it's gone...but listening to "You'll be in my heart" at Tarzan Rocks. (This song holds a very special place in my heart...at my second wedding instead of father daughter dance I did a mother son dance...and my son (who also walked me down the isle) danced to it)

3. Illuminations - when the narrator blows out the torches and then that first firework!!!!

2. Seeing Tinkerbell fly before Wishes!!!

1. Walking up Main Street and seeing the Castle for the very first time!!!

I get misty eyed for everything, but some of my highlights are:

1. Seeing the Sign: after a 20 hour drive, it's so amazing to actually be there!

2. emerging from under the railway station and stepping into main street with the castle up ahead, I always cry like a baby for a second... it just brings back so many memories.

3. Seeing my kids picked for FOTL.

4. Running in the room and the kids jumping on the beds in their excitement

5. I can't pick just one now...ok, here's one... DD has high functioning autism, and hates loud noises, so she wears her "mickey ears" which are ear protectors w/ mickey stickers. Even so, she couldn't handle fireworks at all. This trip, we went to MNSSHP and were getting ready to go, when DD actually asked to stay. I will always cherish the image of her, all lit up by the fireworks, spinning to the music in her Sleeping Beauty dress. with a huge smile on her face. It's hard to describe, but it was such a magical moment for our family, and I'm actually choking up even writing about it now.

5. Pineapple floats and people watching

4. Seeing wishes at a table up by the window at California Grill w/ my hubby while enjoying dessert

3. Everything at the Beach Club- from the lobby to Beaches and cream to the gift shop. Don't know why but for ME this resort is all about Disney magic. Even if we don't stay there I go over just to walk around, or eat a meal.

2. The welcome song at MK and walking down main st. towards the castle

1. The tea cups - but the lump is there for a different reason :-)

I love seeing how different things produce this response in people. Here's ours.

5. Driving through the gates on your way in to the World. Finally back!

4.Checking in and receiving your Keys To The Kingdom.

3.Getting to the ferry Dock at the TTC and looking across the lake and seeing the Castle and Space Mountain. Almost there!

2.Seeing the Monorail traveling around the lake. Getting warmer.

1. Walking up Main Street. There is nothing to compare it to, we are here!

The Fireworks all over the world get an honorary :thumbsup2 I just can't get enough of them.

5. Driving through the entrance of WDW
4. MK Opening Show (i'm the one hiding my tears w. big shades :cool1: )
3. Grand Finale of Illuminations (that's when I got engaged)
2. Beauty and the Beast Show at HS
1. The good-bye movie on the magical express... MIC-see you real soon KEY- why because we like you MOUSE.... if the end of a vacation couldn't be any more sad :sad1:

1 The castle. Always the castle.
2. When my son pulled the sword out of the stone.
3. When Cruella Deville "kidnapped" my son during Stars, Motorcars, and skipped down the street with him.
4. My son making fists at Darth Vader (same parade, different kid) and DV walking over to him, and my son running behind me to hide.
5. The first time my oldest son saw the castle and whispered "Mom, we're really here...."
I just cried typing those. I'm a goofball.

1 The castle. Always the castle.
2. When my son pulled the sword out of the stone.
3. When Cruella Deville "kidnapped" my son during Stars, Motorcars, and skipped down the street with him.
4. My son making fists at Darth Vader (same parade, different kid) and DV walking over to him, and my son running behind me to hide.
5. The first time my oldest son saw the castle and whispered "Mom, we're really here...."
I just cried typing those. I'm a goofball.

I love your entire list.
:love:

OK, I'm tearing up just reading everyone else's posts. Let's see if I can get through mine.

5. Checking into our room and seeing how excited the kids are to just be here
4. Watching the kids meet the characters
3. Walking up Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time
2. Seeing DD dance with the Prince at 1900 Park Fare (still cry about that)
1. Watching my kid's faces when they are watching Wishes

Only 5 ...wow...that's tough!
1. WISHES (especialy when Tink flies from the castle:sad:
2. SpectroMagic
3. Fantasmic
4. Watching the kids' faces when they see the castle for the 1st time
5. Por Favor! Mantanganse alejado de las Puertas! (espcially on the days my DH wears his shirt with that saying on it!)

Now that I look crazy crying at my desk lol In no specific order:

1) The MK Kiss Goodnight when they say "Have a safe trip home" and Mickey says, "See ya real soon!"
2) The view of the castle from the top of splash moutain at night
3) The last Disney transportation you take on any trip. The Ferry boat is always the worst for me :sad1:
4) Christmas Illuminations when they play "Let there be peace on earth" during the finale
5) The music and mood in the minutes right after Wishes...realizing you're not the only one crying lol

1. sitting on Main Street and hearing a little kid yell A CASTLE A CASTLE MOMMY DADDY LOOK A CASTLE!!

2. having all of the people in the Villas at the hotels saying Welcome Home.

3. illuminations on your last night of vacation

4. SpectroMagic/Wishes

5. just hearing all of the sounds of the parks. (Liberty Belle whistle)

This is the sweetest thread ever!:lovestruc

I have a feeling I will have a whole new list this Fall when we take our 3 year old WDW, I almost cried just watching her face when we went to see playhouse disney live and mickey walked out for the first time :goodvibes

But at least for now I would have to say:

1.)That blowing out the lights part of illuminations - so cool!
2.)the Fireworks - thats always my time to slow down and really take in the enjoyment of being in disneyworld
3.)The castle
4.)not necessarily a lump in my throat moment, but just one of those little favorite things: the smells and sounds when waiting to get on Pirates or Splash Mountain for the first time that trip
5.)The posters under the railroad at MK, they always signify arriving at Disneyworld for me, ever since I was a little kid.

1. One Man's Dream. All of it!
2. Carousel of Progress.. especially the beginning when they introduce the show
3. Sounds odd, but the Haunted Mansion.. I'm truly at Disney when I'm on it.
4. Hall of Presidents- again, sounds odd, but it makes me think of my mom.
5. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.. I love the story, the music, the intense pyro...

5. Hearing the splash mountain/space mountain music for the first time
4. Walking out of orlando international and feeling the hot florida wind! ( England is freezing :P)
3. First bus ride to magic kingdom (Something about those busses!)
2. First ride on the people mover(usually the first day)
1. The magical express goodbye video :(:(

5. Illuminations (always have a teary moment)

4. That first walk down Main St. (we're home!)

3. Wishes (right there or from the beach at the Polynesian, it never disappoints)

The following two require a quick explanation. The first time we took the kids to Disney was December 2001. We had booked it early in the year and most people expected us to cancel. Many did. We flew down, and the place was so empty it was eerie. We had a great time - no lines, lots of extra attention for my princesses who always went to the parks in their respective princess dresses. They were 6 and 4 and 4. So one of the 4s was dressed as Cinderella during the MVMCP and during the parade Cinderella and PCs float stopped right in front of us and Cinderella saw my Cinderella and got PC to look and he did a double take at her and my DD and my DD was so excited - well - the moment was priceless! So my number 2. is princess recognition/identity confusion
and number 1:
remember its Dec 2001 - we're at the Candlelight Processional and they end with "Let there be Peace" and the doves fly and all of us (adults) just sob.

Thanks for letting me relive these...:goodvibes

Wishes - especially the start & end

Walking on Main Street at the start of any trip

One Man's Dream - the Movie

Castle Lights in December

Tigers in AK - when they are up and active it is full engagement

. I can't pick just one now...ok, here's one... DD has high functioning autism, and hates loud noises, so she wears her "mickey ears" which are ear protectors w/ mickey stickers. Even so, she couldn't handle fireworks at all. This trip, we went to MNSSHP and were getting ready to go, when DD actually asked to stay. I will always cherish the image of her, all lit up by the fireworks, spinning to the music in her Sleeping Beauty dress. with a huge smile on her face. It's hard to describe, but it was such a magical moment for our family, and I'm actually choking up even writing about it now.

I can only try to imagine how magical this was for you and your family. I got all teary eyed. WDW is really magical!

:thumbsup2
Some wonderful moments!!! I am filled with emotion, after reading each one!

This year we are celebrating good health!!!!!! My DD had been very ill in 2007 and this has changed our life! Her health has improved but the long days in ICU I will never forget!!!

We had been to Disney in April 2007 and in July 2007 she was fighting for her life! When she was well enough to talk we would recall our trip to Disney! This would make her smile! Then she would watch the home movies from our trip!

As, you can tell from my posts my throat still gets a lump in it! Take a moment when you are there to really take it all in!:love:

:wizard: Looking forward to 2009!!! All the best!!!

Ok so now for my list
1. The castle: The first glimpse is so magical and makes my heart go all fluttery
2. When the torches get blown out before Illuminations. Even my cynical 11 yr old's mouth dropped open as she whispered "How do they do that?"
3. Running up the line to go on Big Thunder Mountain with my children as we all giggled with excitement.
4. My husband looking at me, smiling at the kids and whispering in my ear "We did it! We're here"
5. Turning around for that last look at the castle on our last day and hoping and praying we would all return soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter