Took me 3 years but Covid19 finally got me

DH and I went 2.5 years without getting it and it finally got us last fall. Felt like the worst flu we’ve ever experienced with the added touch of the weird covid hallmarks of loss of taste and smell. For me, everything tasted like salt for a very long time. Even the sweetest food on earth tasted like salt. And textures were weird. I would eat a crispy chip but couldn’t feel the texture in my mouth. Everything tasted like mush. Very bizarre feeling.

My hair is finally growing back in (knock on wood) and I have 4-6 inch baby hairs all over my head. I lost a ton of hair with covid as did my sister, niece and son.

The one thing that helped me was steam. I did the old fashioned face over a pot with a towel over my head a couple times a day and it helped tremendously.

Also I recommend getting one of those finger meters to measure your blood oxygen. My husbands dropped low and he need a variety of extra meds during his bout with covid.

Good luck to the OP. Hope you feel better soon.

I’m so sorry you’re sick and hope you’re feeling better very soon.

My son and I both had Covid last September for the first time. My son had symptoms similar to a bad cold including a fever. He did lose taste and smell for a day or two. Mine started off with a sore throat, fever and an awful headache. One of the worst headaches I’ve ever had. That headache lasted about 48 hours. Then my symptoms changed to more cold like with a cough. By day 5, both of us felt so much better. My cough did linger for a few months. It wasn’t all the time, mainly upon exertion or talking a lot. It finally went away early December.

My husband got Covid for the first time right after Christmas 2022. His symptoms were also like a bad cold, but he had only a minor fever and cough. He did have lots of congestion. None of the rest of the family got sick at that time.

The first time I had it, I got really, *really* sick. I mean crawling the short distance from the bathroom back to my bedroom sick. The second time was much milder, but it's been over a year and I am still coughing intermittently and am very phlegm-my in the mornings. I also have heart palpitations from my first go-round with Covid.

What I would suggest is keeping some sort of food in you if you can, even though it sucks to not be able to taste. Even if it's just a cup of hot chicken broth. It's good that you're drinking plenty of water.

I got Covid for the first time mid January 2023. It was like a very mild flu for 2 days. I still can’t smell or taste anything though. It’s so annoying.

I think I have every symptom that comes along with it too. Any suggestions on what to do right from those of you who have been through it? Sticking with Tylenol. I can't smell or taste and that bothers me the most and I'm scared it may take forever to get back.

Fever, awful body aches, sore throat, coughing, headache, covid "fog" feeling when I get up, going the bathroom more, just awful. Began early Monday morning. Tuesday I felt pretty darn good and the fever came back Tuesday evening. Every day seems like something new is presenting itself.

Appreciate you and any tips you can give.

And yes, I'm drinking TONS of water!
I was double vaxxed and double boosted...and avoided the C19 bug like it was the plague :rotfl2:..until the end of December, when we went to visit our grandkids. Picked it up either right before the trip or at the airport/airplane to Nebraska; symptoms hit on day 4 there, so I'm guessing my final grocery store trip before I left.

I'm just now getting my lungs/sinuses cleared up....just in time for my spring allergies to kick in. I didn't do anything extra, just drank more water and blew my nose/coughed up a lung frequently.

DH was triple boosted and he got it too; his was worse, because he was really not feeling well our last day in NE, the flight day to CA, and the entire time we were in CA...and felt cruddy until about a week ago. But he's also immunocompromised, so the vaccines/boosters didn't work as well on him. In another thead, someone mentioned using nasal spray, the extra strong stuff, and he did, but he's not sure how much it helped.

Going on almost a year of natural immunity and still going strong. We have gone to the beach, 2 Disney cruises (one sold out) and 2 Disney vacations with no masking and haven’t caught another strain! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 my streak continues for Disney next weekend and another Disney cruise in April.
You won't get any love for touting natural immunity here with the exception of a few of us...lol. My family has natural immunity and we have had the original strain and then omicron. All pretty mild cases. Unless we have had it since Jan 2022 and not known it (we don't test for every cold), it is still good. We have been to Universal twice (no masks) and my girls are in travel basketball so we are out and about in large crowds all the time. Have fun on your Disney trips!

If you already have at home, take some extra zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Although vitamin D needs to be already in your system so that won't do much good now, but it's always good to take if you live in an area where you don't get outside in the winter months.
Yes! And add quercetin and NAC to that and it will help tremendously.

I'm so sorry. Covid sucks. Lots of rest and water. When you think you are getting better, rest some more. Your body will be zapped. It took me about a month to get over it. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!

Starting to notice more people wearing masks again… and billboards and commercials.

Please report if you have had Covid Shots and how many , etc along with your descriptions and symptoms.
I am trying to remeber how many Covid Shots we are at … I think I have had all of them.
Need to find my card…
Wash your hands , Don’t touch eyes nose mouth . Drink lots of fluids

You won't get any love for touting natural immunity here with the exception of a few of us...lol. My family has natural immunity and we have had the original strain and then omicron. All pretty mild cases. Unless we have had it since Jan 2022 and not known it (we don't test for every cold), it is still good. We have been to Universal twice (no masks) and my girls are in travel basketball so we are out and about in large crowds all the time. Have fun on your Disney trips!
So true. We no longer even think about covid or test. We have all had it and did fine. If we get it again, we will just deal. We just live our lives like normal!

My friend avoided it for 3 years too and got it recently. She took paxlovid and then had a rebound. Took a long time to get over it.
DS and family was infected with COVID recently for the first time. (Suspect exposure at physician's office) They had mild flu symptoms and didn't suspect they'd receive a positive result. The adults took paxlovid and were mostly symptom free in 3 days....tested negative on day 8. Thankfully no rebound. I was exposed but escaped once again.

DS and family was infected with COVID recently for the first time. (Suspect exposure at physician's office) They had mild flu symptoms and didn't suspect they'd receive a positive result. The adults took paxlovid and were mostly symptom free in 3 days....tested negative on day 8. Thankfully no rebound. I was exposed but escaped once again.
My husband and all 3 of my siblings have dodged the bullet. I don’t understand it.

My family has natural immunity and we have had the original strain and then omicron.
And studies have been discussing the differences conferred between the different strains. It's not simplistic in thinking you had it therefore you have protection. I believe the discussion I had been reading was about reinfection rates amongst those who had their primary infection during Alpha and Delta as opposed to their primary infection during Omicron. Those who had it during Omicron were more susceptible than with Delta or Alpha. Scientifically it's important to make distinctions like this.

And studies have been discussing the differences conferred between the different strains. It's not simplistic in thinking you had it therefore you have protection. I believe the discussion I had been reading was about reinfection rates amongst those who had their primary infection during Alpha and Delta as opposed to their primary infection during Omicron. Those who had it during Omicron were more susceptible than with Delta or Alpha. Scientifically it's important to make distinctions like this.
and also https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02051-3

Please report if you have had Covid Shots and how many , etc along with your descriptions and symptoms.
I got the COVID shot as soon as it was available (Feb & Mar 21), booster Oct 21. I got COVID in April 22.

Compared to others I had it pretty mild. Just sort of achy, mild headache. The biggest issue I had was coughing - constantly - 24/7. Just a dry cough for the most part, but ALL. THE. TIME. For about a month.

Never did lose taste/smell, so I was happy about that.

I had the massive amounts of snot and phlegm and the killer sore throat. Low grade fever. I am almost 1 year post infection and still dealing with eustachian tube dysfunction. I found out last week that I have a retracted ear drum (all from my COVID infection) and will likely have a tube put in next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter