Took me 3 years but Covid19 finally got me

Snowflakey

DIS Veteran
I think I have every symptom that comes along with it too. Any suggestions on what to do right from those of you who have been through it? Sticking with Tylenol. I can't smell or taste and that bothers me the most and I'm scared it may take forever to get back.

Fever, awful body aches, sore throat, coughing, headache, covid "fog" feeling when I get up, going the bathroom more, just awful. Began early Monday morning. Tuesday I felt pretty darn good and the fever came back Tuesday evening. Every day seems like something new is presenting itself.

Appreciate you and any tips you can give.

And yes, I'm drinking TONS of water!

Ugh, I'm so sorry. Rest, rest, and then rest more. Overdoing too soon means regress. I took paxlovid and it helped a ton but not everyone is willing or able to. Sending lots of support!

I think I have every symptom that comes along with it too. Any suggestions on what to do right from those of you who have been through it? Sticking with Tylenol. I can't smell or taste and that bothers me the most and I'm scared it may take forever to get back.

Fever, awful body aches, sore throat, coughing, headache, covid "fog" feeling when I get up, going the bathroom more, just awful. Began early Monday morning. Tuesday I felt pretty darn good and the fever came back Tuesday evening. Every day seems like something new is presenting itself.

Us too, at Christmas. All three in our household tested positive. I was totally asymptomatic, DH and DS both had identical experiences of what mimicked a head cold, with no serious fever or respiratory symptoms. Both of them recovered in 4 days with no lasting effects. All they could really take was OTC cold meds (which were in short supply here), and they napped a lot. Anti-virals are not widely available in Canada.

I hope you get well soon. :flower3:

I avoided it until September 2022 and finally came down with it -the only reason I knew I had it is because I was feeling off and had a colonoscopy the next day, so before doing all the prep I figured it’d be best to test first. It was a fairly mild case. Now, 5-months later I have it again as I write this 😩. This time is a little more aggressive…my breathing(I have asthma) was noticeably off. My doctor prescribed molnupiravir to help and it has made a little difference I believe -otherwise it may have been worse. Sounds like you might be too far on for one of those meds. Rest is about the only advice I can give …although I’ve worked through it this week, today Im taking a break because I was exhausted yesterday. Best of luck…

Dh got it for the first time in January. I managed to not get it.

He took OTC cold meds and drank an emergen C in the morning and night.

Was able to shake most of it (was like a bad head cold) in 4 days. But did say it was worse than the flu.

He worked from home through it, had online training that week, so nothing stressful.

I about drowned myself in tea with honey when I had it. The Tylenol helped at least somewhat with the body aches.

Sorry you are so sick with it.

We got it June 2022......I didn't even notice it.....felt like normal allergy season.
DH felt like he had the flu for about 3 days and then started feeling better, but it was miserable for him

Get well soon

very good!

i came down with it at the end of august-myself and my 28 year old now both have long term covid. hopefully yours will resolve quickly.

have someone in your home periodically wake you. if you live alone set an alarm to make sure you wake every so often to consume that water, eat something and move around. one of our symptoms was the terrible waves of fatigue-as in sleeping 18 hours straight unless someone made sure we woke up to stay hydrated (i still get the fatigue waves). i don't want to be an alarmist but i lost a friend b/c she took to her bed after contracting it and treating it like it was a case of the flu. she figured she could medicate/hydrate and sleep it off-thing was between the fatigue and brain fog (HORRIBLE-dh and i agree this was the scariest part of it b/c it lingered for several weeks) she didn't get up like she should have, didn't hydrate-ended up with horribly congested lungs/dehydrated/under nourished (her dd feels tremendous guilt b/c she had recovered from a very mild case so when her mom got it she didn't feel the need to check in on her, figured she would just sleep it off as she had done:().

take care, be careful, feel better soon.

very good!

i came down with it at the end of august-myself and my 28 year old now both have long term covid. hopefully yours will resolve quickly.

have someone in your home periodically wake you. if you live alone set an alarm to make sure you wake every so often to consume that water, eat something and move around. one of our symptoms was the terrible waves of fatigue-as in sleeping 18 hours straight unless someone made sure we woke up to stay hydrated (i still get the fatigue waves). i don't want to be an alarmist but i lost a friend b/c she took to her bed after contracting it and treating it like it was a case of the flu. she figured she could medicate/hydrate and sleep it off-thing was between the fatigue and brain fog (HORRIBLE-dh and i agree this was the scariest part of it b/c it lingered for several weeks) she didn't get up like she should have, didn't hydrate-ended up with horribly congested lungs/dehydrated/under nourished (her dd feels tremendous guilt b/c she had recovered from a very mild case so when her mom got it she didn't feel the need to check in on her, figured she would just sleep it off as she had done:().

take care, be careful, feel better soon.
:( One thing that hasn’t changed, it seems, is that no matter what the strain, it affects everyone differently.

When I had it, it seemed like a new symptom showed up every day. The sore throat was the worst. I took Tylenol and mucinex. After day 5, the symptoms just stopped almost completely. It took a while for my taste and smell to come back. It still isn’t the same as it was before - almost a year later.

I recommend Paxlovid. DH and I had it this past summer. I had 24 hours feeling bad and the virus cleared by day 5. DH didn’t take Paxlovid and was still testing positive on day 9. Get your script soon as must start within so many days of symptom onset (5?). I just called my doctor who prescribed it over the phone since I had a positive test result. My pharmacist said she’s only heard good results from those taking it.

DH and I both had mild cases last summer. Felt terrible for 24-36 hours and then just like a cold. We slept a lot those 24-36 hours. Our taste and smell came back quickly so hopefully that’s the case for you. We didn’t do much except Advil during the short achy phase.

You might still have time for the antiviral—maybe check with your doctor.

I'm so sorry. I avoided it until last December also :-( My low grade fever lasted about a week and I had a lot of sinus headaches so I took tylenol or Ibuprofen. It seemed like my body cycled through all the cold/flu symptoms in a couple of days, and the flu/malaise/fog for two weeks. Get well soon!!!

I've had it twice. Worse thing for me were the body aches and headache. Tylenol and hot baths were the only things that helped. Had a lot of congestion and coughing the first time and i used my daughter's nebulizer.

My boyfriend and I both got a moderate case at end of June 2022. We lived on liquid Dayquil/Nyquil. It helped some. I also took Paxlovid. I will never take it again. BF and I got better at the same time but he didn't have to deal with that awful taste in his mouth for 5 days straight!

I got it again in September 2022. That time was more like a cold. Not too bad to deal with but still kinda sucky.

YESTERDAY I had symptoms and tested positive for the THIRD TIME! So far it is slightly worse than the second time but not nearly as bad as the first time. I feel more tired than the second time.

I wish you luck!

I, too, feel like I have long Covid. I am always breathing 'heavy'. My apple watch even alerted me that my average respiratory rate has increased. Oh and I had bronchitis during New Years. I am never sick but these past 9 months have kicked me in the behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter