Took me 3 years but Covid19 finally got me

very good!

i came down with it at the end of august-myself and my 28 year old now both have long term covid. hopefully yours will resolve quickly.

have someone in your home periodically wake you. if you live alone set an alarm to make sure you wake every so often to consume that water, eat something and move around. one of our symptoms was the terrible waves of fatigue-as in sleeping 18 hours straight unless someone made sure we woke up to stay hydrated (i still get the fatigue waves). i don't want to be an alarmist but i lost a friend b/c she took to her bed after contracting it and treating it like it was a case of the flu. she figured she could medicate/hydrate and sleep it off-thing was between the fatigue and brain fog (HORRIBLE-dh and i agree this was the scariest part of it b/c it lingered for several weeks) she didn't get up like she should have, didn't hydrate-ended up with horribly congested lungs/dehydrated/under nourished (her dd feels tremendous guilt b/c she had recovered from a very mild case so when her mom got it she didn't feel the need to check in on her, figured she would just sleep it off as she had done:().

take care, be careful, feel better soon.
I'm really not sleeping at all during the day so I'm not worried about that but thank you for the warning!!

When I had it, it seemed like a new symptom showed up every day. The sore throat was the worst. I took Tylenol and mucinex. After day 5, the symptoms just stopped almost completely. It took a while for my taste and smell to come back. It still isn’t the same as it was before - almost a year later.
This is exactly how it's been working for me. Tomorrow is day 5 so I'm praying things get better!

Sweets were the only thing I could kinda taste, mini muffins, mandarin oranges, sherbet were my go to foods. The fatigue and brain fog lasted about 3 weeks after the more traditional symptoms.

i got it end of january for first time. fever, loss of appetite. tylenol knocked out the fever but it came right back. didn't test positive until day 3 of symptoms. started pax evening of day 3 and by evening of day 4, symptoms were gone but still tested postive for 2 more days.

I'd get pax. try to stay hydrated and rest.

This is exactly how it's been working for me. Tomorrow is day 5 so I'm praying things get better!
You should start to feel better soon! It took a while for my energy level to get back to normal, but it did. And you get natural immunity!

I just got over what I feel was a relatively mild case. I had escaped the virus for nearly three years as well; I think I picked it up at a local eatery. BF was with me at same time and didn't get sick; everyone I know who contracted this progressed differently.

I blew through the worst symptoms in about 2.5 days--the virus attacked my throat first and I lost my voice for two days, thought I had laryngitis--and didn't test positive (and it was a weak positive) until end of Day 4, Valentine's Day. I joke and say Cupid struck me with a poison arrow. I did not take Pax; it took me 13 days to clear the virus, I never lost taste/smell, no headaches to speak of, little fever. By the time I tested positive, I felt like I was suffering from a typical cruddy head cold, but with somewhat worse ear congestion. Although my head felt terrible, the rest of my body felt like I could run a marathon. It was so weird.

Still have some lingering congestion and cough, exacerbated no doubt by early Spring and pollen, and it's slow going in the mornings. Soups, tea, Powerade, crushed ice, and other easygoing food and drink have been my friends going on these three weeks. Saline nasal spray was also great for helping clear my head.

I hope you do feel better soon!

Nobody’s got the mega snot/gummy phlegm? That was the worst for me when it hit for the first time last October.

Count me as another who will not take Paxlovid again. One and done. Got a rebound case that was worse than the first go around. Same thing happened to my SIL. So that prolonged it for us and made our symptoms worse.

Remedy that worked (after a few days) for the sticky phlegm was Mucinex and Arm and Hammer Saline Nose Spray Extra Strength twice a day, which was recommended by the ENT I had to see for a scope things got so bad.

I hope people experiencing symptoms feel better soon. There might be a different strain going around now that is milder. ENT told me in the fall he was seeing tons of cases in our area with the same thing I had, and that the gummy stuff was what was responsible for breathing problems if it gets in the lungs. Ugh.

My friend avoided it for 3 years too and got it recently. She took paxlovid and then had a rebound. Took a long time to get over it.
When my husband got covid last August (first time) his mom pushed so hard for him to get paxlovid, the doctors were willing to give it to him if he wanted it (he did a telemedicine appointment). I left the decision up to him but did discuss strongly the rebound effect and that it had shown consistently to not be of much usage to younger healthy individuals. He opted to not take it.

By day 5 he was testing negative and a subsequent test was also negative. The cough was the only thing that stuck around for a bit however it was for less time than a cough normally sticks around for me when I get my sinus infections and he was otherwise fine.

When my husband got covid last August (first time) his mom pushed so hard for him to get paxlovid, the doctors were willing to give it to him if he wanted it (he did a telemedicine appointment). I left the decision up to him but did discuss strongly the rebound effect and that it had shown consistently to not be of much usage to younger healthy individuals. He opted to not take it.

By day 5 he was testing negative and a subsequent test was also negative. The cough was the only thing that stuck around for a bit however it was for less time than a cough normally sticks around for me when I get my sinus infections and he was otherwise fine.
I think earlier on if I was available I would have taken it. I ended up in the hospital for 6 days in 2020. I had it again last September and it was very mild. In that case I didn’t ask about it.

I think earlier on if I was available I would have taken it. I ended up in the hospital for 6 days in 2020. I had it again last September and it was very mild. In that case I didn’t ask about it.
I was in the Covid ICUs then and almost everyone there was getting remdesivir, a similar anti-viral, given intravenously. Most still get it today in the hospital if they have Covid.

Nobody’s got the mega snot/gummy phlegm? That was the worst for me when it hit for the first time last October.

Count me as another who will not take Paxlovid again. One and done. Got a rebound case that was worse than the first go around. Same thing happened to my SIL. So that prolonged it for us and made our symptoms worse.

Remedy that worked (after a few days) for the sticky phlegm was Mucinex and Arm and Hammer Saline Nose Spray Extra Strength twice a day, which was recommended by the ENT I had to see for a scope things got so bad.

I hope people experiencing symptoms feel better soon. There might be a different strain going around now that is milder. ENT told me in the fall he was seeing tons of cases in our area with the same thing I had, and that the gummy stuff was what was responsible for breathing problems if it gets in the lungs. Ugh.
My case was very similar to yours. Covid hit our house for the first time in December and I ended up with an ear and sinus infection because everything just got blocked. Seemed liked this strain hit my area hard around the holidays. Lots of friends and family also got their first case of it.

The fatigue lasted several weeks for me but DH didn't get hit as hard as I did.

Yeah and in 2020 it was a way different strain than in 2022 that behaved differently and affected the body differently.

In my husband's case he's 33 healthy individual who got omicron (or the sub-variant of omicron). The primary purpose for the drug is to reduce significantly severe covid. For my over 65, immunocomprised mother-in-law it would have made more sense and my mother-in-law was not up and up on the findings for young healthy individuals (or those under 65 without medical issues that could increase their chance of severe covid) just assuming everyone and anyone should take it so she was really pushy on it. It's more just one that my husband and I talked about the pros vs cons, the intended recipient vs not, etc. He def. felt pretty bad for a day or two with the fever and aches but got better quickly enough aside from the cough but nowhere near needing to seek medical care as opposed to home care.

Not sure if we had it or not (no testing then), but since it was Mardi Gras in NOLA in 2020, I suspect we did. It was mild, like a really bad case of the "Mardi Gras crud." The worst symptoms were a hacking cough and unbelievable body aches. Like, I'm a person who can normally dance the night away, but I had to leave a parade after 20 minutes because my lower back felt like it wouldn't hold me up. Managed to walk about four blocks to the Hard Rock Cafe, where I sort of fell into a booth and nearly cried. After dinner, I was able to slowly make it a couple of blocks down to catch an Uber. I could NOT walk the half mile back to my house. Before anybody says anything, we had no idea Covid was even in the US at the time, they were talking about people who had been to China, and there were no guidelines to isolate/quarantine based on symptoms.

Anyway, we were also moving at the time, so packing boxes was not fun at all. But we survived, and don't seem to have developed any long Covid symptoms. We were lucky. Hang in there!

My case was very similar to yours. Covid hit our house for the first time in December and I ended up with an ear and sinus infection because everything just got blocked. Seemed liked this strain hit my area hard around the holidays. Lots of friends and family also got their first case of it.

The fatigue lasted several weeks for me but DH didn't get hit as hard as I did.
Yes, that gummy phlegm starts in the head and moves down into the respiratory tract in some cases. It can block the sinuses and eustachain tubes, and bronchial tree, etc. Moving it around and out with the saline spray (cause otherwise it doesn’t move) was most helpful to get rid of it, even though the process was thoroughly disgusting! :crazy2:

The gummy phlegm is so sticky that even when you cough, nothing happens, ie you don’t really cough anything up. It can take weeks and weeks to get rid of it, and is what can be partly responsible for long covid symptoms.

Medical researchers now are thinking that paxlovid may have to be taken for a longer course than five days, as in certain cases it seems to knock it down for a few days but then it comes back stronger than before, which I think is what happened to me. When I first got Covid it was like a mild cold, really not bad. But the rebound case I had knocked me for a loop.

….until the next strain 😂
Going on almost a year of natural immunity and still going strong. We have gone to the beach, 2 Disney cruises (one sold out) and 2 Disney vacations with no masking and haven’t caught another strain! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 my streak continues for Disney next weekend and another Disney cruise in April.

If you already have at home, take some extra zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Although vitamin D needs to be already in your system so that won't do much good now, but it's always good to take if you live in an area where you don't get outside in the winter months.

Going on almost a year of natural immunity and still going strong. We have gone to the beach, 2 Disney cruises (one sold out) and 2 Disney vacations with no masking and haven’t caught another strain! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 my streak continues for Disney next weekend and another Disney cruise in April.
Me too….

If you already have at home, take some extra zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D. Although vitamin D needs to be already in your system so that won't do much good now, but it's always good to take if you live in an area where you don't get outside in the winter months.

My DH & I haven’t had it, but all our extended family who have gotten it have done 50mg Zinc; 2000 IU Vit D both once a day & 1000mg Vit C twice a day. These were recommended by different physicians when family members got it 2020. So anyone who has gotten it since has followed same regime.

Yeah and in 2020 it was a way different strain than in 2022 that behaved differently and affected the body differently.
Yes and no. Different strains, but same problems can occur. Most people probably don’t see the worst of it like we do in the hospital. If you watch your state’s numbers, you can see that many are still hospitalized and die every month.
In my husband's case he's 33 healthy individual who got omicron (or the sub-variant of omicron). The primary purpose for the drug is to reduce significantly severe covid. For my over 65, immunocomprised mother-in-law it would have made more sense and my mother-in-law was not up and up on the findings for young healthy individuals (or those under 65 without medical issues that could increase their chance of severe covid) just assuming everyone and anyone should take it so she was really pushy on it. It's more just one that my husband and I talked about the pros vs cons, the intended recipient vs not, etc. He def. felt pretty bad for a day or two with the fever and aches but got better quickly enough aside from the cough but nowhere near needing to seek medical care as opposed to home care.
She probably meant well and understood taking it to mean that your husband would have less of a chance of serious illness and being hospitalized, as I did. Something as little as being overweight can be a risk factor. Or history of asthma. Being a smoker. Or any number of things.

Here is the current commercial playing on TV for Paxlovid. It sure makes it sound like most people should take it if they get Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter