Too Soon For 2005 rate watch thread?

Well, I posted earlier that I went ahead and booked with WDW. I am glad I did. I just entered the dates in March we needed for Universal Hotels and the APH rates were all over 200 dollars. No way! I can stay at a WDW deluxe for alot less than Universal is wanting. I think they are trying to see how many rooms they can fill without giving a DECENT discount, then planning on giving a bigger discount later on if they don't fill the rooms. The only problem with that is people like me who are telling Universal to forget it and are going with Disney. Disney used to wait til the last minute to give out good discounts but lately they have been coming out well in advance. Universal on the other hand, is going the opposite direction, and I think that in the future they wll see that they are making a mistake. Oh well, we went to Universal for a week in June. I guess it was time to go back to WDW anyway.;)

I just got APH rate of $237.60 plus tax for the Hard Rock Hotel for 1 night - 12th April. I was originally going to book RPH, but there was only $40 difference, so I decided to go for the Hard Rock. :D

www.loewshotels.com I have been able to use each of these codes. However, these codes may not be available for all dates. You may have to experiment with adding a day or subtracting a day.

Currently , I have found that generally these codes will not work for anything less than a 5 night stay most 6 night stay.

Royal Pacific For example, when I input May 23-28 i get rack rate. When I add a day i find AAA and PCT (this rate is referred to as the stay and save rate) become available.

When I checked Hard Rock and Portifino I found that fewer night stays were required. It is simply a matter of trial, error, and minipulation of your dates.

If you are going to a high volume time period there may be blackouts for your dates.

Don't forget to call the hotel reservations and see if they have your rates available even if the internet does not show them.

Has anyone got any rates other than AAA as far out as July yet?

I just switched my AAA rate to PCT and saved $45. My dates are 4/30-5/4
The girl at 800-be a star told my that Fan club and ent RATES ARE NOT LOADED IN YET, BUT SHOULD BE SOON! She said to keep checking back, but told me my new rate of $175.50 is a great deal.
I really wonder if the fan club & ENT will be any better. They may only be as good as the AAA.

Deneen

The PCT code is for "percent," if you stay 4 or 5 consecutive nights. This code gives you a discount roughly equal to AAA. It does not come up for all dates.

I called yesterday to have my ressie adjusted. I am staying 2/21-2/26. 2/21 for 234(rack) and 2/22-26 for 210.60 (AAA). When I play around with my dates I can get the PCT code to give me a rate of 198.90, would save me 12/night. So the phone calls:

1st time, got a man (very nice) who tried. He said there were no discounts availabe for 2/21 as they are sold out (knew that :( ) and now the same is true for 2/22 (glad I at least got the ressie and the AAA disc here). He tries the PCT code, but my remaining "eligible" days only total 3...no discount for me. He suggested I wait until after the 1st of the year to try again.

2nd call, immediately after I hang up, got a woman (again, very nice) who had NEVER HEARD OF PCT discount! She asked a co-worker and still nothing! She said she would ask her manager when she got in. But gave me the same info about the 21 & 22. She also encouraged me to continue trying. I asked about ENT rates and (said) even she was surprised that they weren't out yet, that it was late.

So, it looks like I may be stuck. I am willing to buy an AP, have ENT and FAN and AAA. None are doing me any good at this point.:mad:

Hope to hear good news soon!

My dates involved a rate drop after the first night. So the girl got her supervisor to approve a flat rate of $175.5 for my stay using PCT. It comes to 25% off. I'm real happy with this amount. I had been hoping for 40% or more off, but I don't think the good deals are coming this year.

Try playing with your dates a bit. Add a day, or change the dates, or go day by day to see if any AP discounts are available for your dates. I think the AP's are out. I went day by day to find out that only 2 of my days have AP discounts. The discounts were only 20%. I made out better using a length of stay (PCT Code).
I'm still check for fan club and ENT.

Called again today (800-23-LOEWS) and was told PCT was not coming up. Suggested I call 877-837-2273 (RPR direct) and a nice woman there got the PCT to come up, so I am now paying $234 (rack) on 2/21 and $198.90 (PCT) for 2/22-2/26...was paying 210.60 (AAA). That saves me 46.80! That's dinner one night! Yey! Hopefully more (and better) discounts will follow...

Well Loew's did it. They pissed me off enough that what originally started as a planned 2 night, 3 day stay onsite at Universal is now extra days at Walt Disney World. First there is all this nonsense with discounts (and the apparent lessening of Annual Pass discounts) and then came an e-mail string where I asked if premium level membership in another hotel chain's would be honored with Loew's First. I was told yes and asked for proof. I sent in proof that I was Starwood Gold level. They responded that this didn't qualify. That was the nail in the coffin. Good-bye Universal Studios for this year. Good-bye Loew's forever if I can avoid them.

I just don't understand how Loew's comes up with their discounts. They are so spotty. And this year for an AP to only receive about 20% is awful. I guess Loew's figures that the word is out and people will pay no matter what. The front of the line perk and the large pools at the resorts are the draw. The rooms are in great demand. If it were up to me I would do Disney only. At least I know I would probaly get a good deal on a room. But my kids really are counting on doing Universal. So let's hope the Fan Club & ENT are good.

AP rates are out, just very limited this year. I could only get AP rates at HRH for the last weekend of Jan if I booked Sat/Sun or 3 days - just not for Fri/Sat !!! Well, I was going to book 2 rooms, but ended up taking AP rate on a kids suite instead. I can't even find any Fan club info on the web site anymore, I'm pretty sure there used to be a link, and can't pull up the site that is listed on my Fan Club card - maybe they are phasing it out? And still no Ent rates at all? Maybe business is really up this year.

I did a deposit tonight and asked if the Entertainment or Fan Club rates were loaded into their system yet. I was told "No". :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter