Too Soon For 2005 rate watch thread?

Originally posted by deelam
I really was thinking of staying at Disney also. But I want to make this vacation as easy on me as possible. My kid's really want to do Universal and I already have the passes for them. So having to drive, park and walk from the parking garage is not really what I want to do. However, if the AP rates don't come out for my dates the first week of May, I might switch to Disney. And then mix a little Disney with my Universal trip. The thought of doing Universal during the day and Disney at night is pretty tempting.
Anyone know how crowded Universal is the first week of May? I wonder how important it will be to have front of the line access?

Deneen

I have been then and it is not crowded at all ....... but also likely to open up to AP rates and it IS very convenient to stay onsite. I'd do it if you can just wouldn't go out and buy disney tickets when have US/IOA pass and don't like onsite US rates.

Add me to the list of people looking at codes for WDW in March. We have a vacation home for a week near AKL, and were going to add 3 nights at HRH, but I refuse to pay more for a Universal hotel (as nice as they are) than a Disney deluxe. It's crazy!

I do worry that without FOTL (which has spolied us) we will not enjoy it as much, but since we don't do coasters, I'm hoping it will be ok to stay off-site.

Don't forget to keep checking http://www.hotelkingdom.com for sales on the Universal properties.

Last November we were able to get a Deluxe at the PBH for $199 per night from March 24-30, and there were great sales at the HRH too. The sales pop up randomly so keep checking.

We have a RPR Club Level booked for 8/5 through 8/9 at AAA rate $305 per night. Just tried calling for FAN of AP, and they said it wasn't available yet. Will keep trying.

Originally posted by Mainebound
Add me to the list of people looking at codes for WDW in March. We have a vacation home for a week near AKL, and were going to add 3 nights at HRH, but I refuse to pay more for a Universal hotel (as nice as they are) than a Disney deluxe. It's crazy!

I do worry that without FOTL (which has spolied us) we will not enjoy it as much, but since we don't do coasters, I'm hoping it will be ok to stay off-site.

Add us too. I got tired of waiting for Universal to come out with something. We have only been to Disney one time and never have been to Universal. I'm impressed with Disney. I guess we'll just drive to Universal one day, too.

You've never been to Universal?!?!? You really have to go. It is quite awesome. The quality of the attractions is something you have to see to believe. I love Disney but we always have to go to both WDW and Universal when we go to Orlando. The last time we went, we stayed at AKL for 4 Disney days and then drove over to Universal HRH for 2 days at Universal. The convenience of just parking the car and having CityWalk and both parks within walking distance or a short relaxing boat ride away was GREAT and the Express line advantage was wonderful. You don't have to get any ticket or return at any particular time. You just tour at your leisure and when you come to an attraction with Express Line, you simply flash you hotel room key card and walk right in. Hope you decide to go to Universal also. Don't think you would regret the time spent there.

Anyone know what's up with the discounts? I'm waiting on AP's, fan club or ENT.

Deneen

I called yesterday and asked for APH in January for 14th-17th. They said that the rates are out but nothing was available at RPR, HRH or PBH. I've got HRH Club @ $255 w/AAA but I'm not paying that much during their value season! I don't care if its MLK Day.

Does that mean the rates are loaded in for 2005. If that's the case, I guess my dates in May will not be discounted.

Deneen

I'm not sure if they loaded the rates for the entire year. I always have better luck calling 1-800-23 LOEWS in Arizona. They make fun of me there for calling the 1-888-837-2273 number in Canada and forget BE A STAR.

Motherfletcher -

I just called the number you suggested (which I have never called before!) Checked my dates for February - she said they are not out yet - for what it is worth, you may still be able to get a good rate for your January dates.

Of course I asked if they had any idea when the rates would be out - ha ha - she said definately by January! Gee thanks;)

I know this is not very useful info., but they are becoming very stingy with their information lately.

Motherfletcher, Is it possible that the HRH is sold out for MLK weekend? I just checked and nothing would come up for your dates.

I hate to book before the APH or ENT rates come out, I am always afraid that if the rooms are selling at rack or AAA they may not offer them at APH or ENT. (just my guess).

Patty

I booked APH the weekend after MLK, Jan 21 to Jan 24 APH club room at $223 plus taxes.

I checked my dates may 23-29 for the royal pacific. (on line) APH rates are out 179.20. It is the same rate as AAA, FLO, and PCT rate. What a bummer. I think I will stick with my AAA for now because I get to count my nights toward my loews platinium. And I get to keep my free upgrade.

Come on loews lets see some deals.

By the way I think this calls for perminent status for this tread.

Kimberly

Originally posted by pathubia
Motherfletcher, Is it possible that the HRH is sold out for MLK weekend? I just checked and nothing would come up for your dates.

That could be the case, Patty. She probably checked and saw nothing was available and assumed APH was loaded and used up. She checked RPR and PBH with the same results. She then asked what was going on that weekend. I told her MLK and she said ,"Oh!"
Since I have ressies at HRH Club on AAA and PBH kids suite and adjoining room would they reduce the rate when APH is loaded or not since the resorts are full?

Kimberlyfamilyfv- When you put in the APH code does the room/rate description say "Annual Passholders...?"

My AP dates of 4/30-5/4 are not there. Neither is the fan club rates. I don't understand how Loew's determinds the dates they will discount. It's very confusing. I was thinking that my dates would be a slower time of year, therefore they would discount that timeframe. Even so with reported AP rates only being 20% off, I really don't think that would be the best deal.
So now I'm going to keep checking hotel Kingdom, and with Loew's for ENT & Fan rates.
The alternative is always a DIsney Hotel. I have an Annual pass there too, and at least they release discounts a little more evenly then Loews.

Deneen

Something interesting today. The APH rate popped up on the website for the date I am looking at, March 16 for 1 night, but the price is exactly the same as the AAA price (this is for Portofino Bay Hotel, I also checked RPR and it is sold out and HRH doesn't have an APH discount). Could they have lowered the amount of discount for APH or is it most likely due to Spring Break?

I checked other dates with the AP rate, and it matched AAA at only 20%. It's a bit of a let down.

I put in the code APH. It came up with a rate of 179.20 plus tax . and just below that it said must have annual pass card to receive discount.

While I was looking I found the discounts to be more plentiful for the hard rock and portifino than I did for the royal pacific. The APH code for hard rock gave me a rate of 199.00 a night. And I had to book fewer nights to get the discounts.

Yes, Yes, Yes , Yes the Annual Pass Holder rates are out . Oh no, Oh no, Oh no there no better than AAA, PCT, or FLO.

I am hoping for better rates I don't want to pay 200 (tax included) a night when last year I paid 119 plus tax a night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter