Tony Hinds question

fivikse

Mouseketeer
I emailed the address found on this board and got a quick reply from Tony with a link to his form. I filled out the form but I haven't heard anything since then and it has been several days. I didn't get any confirmation or instructions or any response since filling out the form. I sent a follow up email a couple of days ago asking what else he needed from me after filling out the form. No reply. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? I'd feel more comfortable if he acknowledged receipt of the form and gave me instructions and a confirmation.

I have checked spam. Definitely emailed him - he replied with the form to fill out. No reply since then after I filled out his form and emailed.

Give him a call would be a sure way of reaching him
Leave a message if he leaves you a voice mail

He does not answer phone calls while he is driving

After I filled out the form it took a few days or maybe a week but he replied he had me down for the trip. My trip was pretty far off though. The second one I booked (even further off) he was fairly quick replying when I filled out the form. Prob depends on how busy he is at the time. Wouldn’t hurt to give him a call or text.

He responded very quickly when I filled out the form. I have had to change our flight info and add a grocery trip and he responded very fast those times as well.

If your trip is not until months away, he would send you a confirmation closer your trip

A few times I booked with Tony and since
I did not get a quick reply back, I called him.

He told me I was locked in for his dates and was going to email me when I was closer to my trip.

Usually I book car service 5 months out for a trip.

Now when I book with him he sends me an email I’m set up for service a few days after I book with him.

Give Tony a call or email him for confirmation of your ride

Tell him macraven told you to call him...
He will laugh....he is used to me telling peeps to call even when they are months out for the ride reservation

I used Tony in April. First email was prompt but my trip was months away. He then replied again closer to my date. I’ve used him for literally over a decade! He’s great and responds quickly to phone calls.

He was responsive to my emails last month, but I didn't hear back after filling out the form. I texted him and he confirmed within 24 hours. We arrive next week and I'll likely text him again the day before if I don't hear from him.

Trip is in two months. I did get a quick reply last night (after sending another email) saying things are very busy and my dates are confirmed. So I won't panic for now :) . Thanks for the info.

When we used Tony over Memorial Day weekend, he sent Neil to pick us up. I think Neil is his son? Anyway, Tony picked us up on our return trip to the airport and said this was the busiest May he had ever seen. I think he is just swamped right now,

When we used Tony over Memorial Day weekend, he sent Neil to pick us up. I think Neil is his son? Anyway, Tony picked us up on our return trip to the airport and said this was the busiest May he had ever seen. I think he is just swamped right now,
It is his son. I got Neil over Memorial weekend too. He was great! I remember him saying he was helping his Dad because it was so busy.

Tony did a drive by while Neil was picking us up to say hello real quick. I thought that was nice. I think he had another appt to get to.

Tony has always been very responsive for me. I canceled my trip and he immediately refunded me the full cost of my transportation booking. I'm glad he's getting a lot of business and was probably able to find someone else to drive during my time slot!

It is his son. I got Neil over Memorial weekend too. He was great! I remember him saying he was helping his Dad because it was so busy.

Tony did a drive by while Neil was picking us up to say hello real quick. I thought that was nice. I think he had another appt to get to.
Neil picked us up over memorial day weekend too. He was super nice. On the ride we were talking about going to Universal from Disney with a rental car and Neil texted us the directions to get us there. I forget the drivers name that Tony had us with on the way back to the airport but he also said they have had the busiest May.

I was quoted $120 by Tony for a roundtrip from MCO to Sapphire Falls. Does this seem high to anyone else? I remember reading his prices were comparable to Uber/Lyft and they are ~$30 one way.

His prices are cheap compared to other car service companies
He does provide a free grocery stop time for passengers if requested

Never saw his prices at $30
a ride and have been using him since 1993

I was quoted $120 by Tony for a roundtrip from MCO to Sapphire Falls. Does this seem high to anyone else? I remember reading his prices were comparable to Uber/Lyft and they are ~$30 one way.

thats what we paid and it was worth every penny plus my generous tips. Also I have heard people being charged $80 for an Uber from airport before during surge pricing. Not sure if it was the most expensive Uber type or not. But I liked knowing exact cost up front and that our drivers are well vetted

$120 for roundtrip is right. Uber/Lyft are closer to $35-40 and subject to surges. And that is just for a regular sedan size. If you need an XL for your group then add another $15+ (typically). Remember that due to Covid, you can't sit up front with the driver on ride shares so factor that into vehicle size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!