Toms or Bobs - if you've worn both?

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
I purchased Bobs last year because they were cheaper than Toms; however, they one of the two pair is completely worn out with holes. I just wondered if the Toms actually lasted longer and would be worth the extra $'s. Thanks,

Haven't worn either but I would never buy Bob's just because they were such a blatant ripoff of someone else's idea.

mrsklamc said:
Haven't worn either but I would never buy Bob's just because they were such a blatant ripoff of someone else's idea.

Toms and Bobs are identical in terms of construction. That said, I prefer Toms for the reasons mrsklamc noted.

I haven't worn them, I do get them for my daughters. They have been wearing Tom's for a while, the other day I saw the rip off's Bob's and thought I would try them out for my oldest dd, I got her a size 12 (her normal size and the size she would use in Toms) they were WAY too big, flopping around on her feet. I return them and exchange for the size 11....get them home and they are WAY too small, she can't even get her heel into them! So back to the store they go and I got her another pair of Tom's. They not only are a ripoff of Tom's but they are not the same in size and I'm betting quality would be worse also, they seem not as well made when you look at them up close.

My kids have some Toms, and they've held up better than I would've expected for cloth shoes. However, they've older teens and have been careful with them: I've heard them say to each other, "You ought to change your shoes. It's raining today, and you'll tear up your Toms."

I, for one, do not like the buy-one-donate-one concept. I prefer to choose where and what I donate to charity, and shoes aren't at the top of the list of things I'd choose to give. A whole lot of other things are more important.

Bob because they donate shoes.

Everything is a copy of something.

Toms donates as well. They did have the original idea.

I will say that there are now cheap knockoffs everywhere that DO NOT donate a pair of shoes. So, I'd still rather give my money to Toms, but will now possibly purchase Bobs and absolutely WILL NOT buy the cheap undonating knock-offs. ;)

Everything is inspired by something, but Skechers didn't even bother to pretend it wasn't a copy - Short, man's first name, and they donate shoes when you buy a pair, and they copied the basic design of the shoes.

I prefer TOMS...they just fit me better.

I have a couple of prs of Toms. I wanted navy blue and could not find them in my size. I did find navy blue in the Bobs so I bought them. I can honesty say Toms are definetly more comfortable.

I have bobs and I like them a lot. The only reason I bought the over Toms is because I can find them in actual stores (got mine at a sketchers outlet) so can figure out what size I need. Toms are a little pricy for me not knowing how they will fit and I haven't seen them in stores when I've been actually shoe shopping.

My daughter and I have both (we now wear the same size shoes :scared1:) I must say that the Bobs have held up much better than the Toms have. The bottoms started coming off the Toms shortly after we got them. I emailed the company about the issue since they were still fairly new and they basically brushed me off.

As for which would I buy I would probably still buy either since dd and I can wear the kids sizes in Toms and therefore they are about the same price as the Bobs.

My kids have some Toms, and they've held up better than I would've expected for cloth shoes. However, they've older teens and have been careful with them: I've heard them say to each other, "You ought to change your shoes. It's raining today, and you'll tear up your Toms."

I, for one, do not like the buy-one-donate-one concept. I prefer to choose where and what I donate to charity, and shoes aren't at the top of the list of things I'd choose to give. A whole lot of other things are more important.

Lol, there is always something "mote important." Starving kids don't worry as much about having shoes. Dying kids don't worry about food...

I know I can't provide a pair of shoes as cheaply as a show company can. So I'm good with them using their talent or skilset or production lines to do what they do best. I doubt the shows would be cheaper without the donation promise.

But I did forget that toms was the original offerer of donated shoes. My bad.

I bought my daughter Bob's having never seen Tom's first. Now I wish I had bought the Tom's because they "look" better quality.

Lol, there is always something "mote important." Starving kids don't worry as much about having shoes. Dying kids don't worry about food...

I know I can't provide a pair of shoes as cheaply as a show company can. So I'm good with them using their talent or skilset or production lines to do what they do best. I doubt the shows would be cheaper without the donation promise.

But I did forget that toms was the original offerer of donated shoes. My bad.
My point is that I want to pick where and when I donate. I don't particularly want to have someone else make that decision for me.

My DD's wear Tom's but I wear Bob's just because the Tom's don't fit me. I haven't been impressed with the quality of the Tom's.

TOMS if you are an adult and your feet have stopped growing
BOBS if your six year old child wants a pair like mommy but her feet grow too fast and you don't want to spend the extra money for shoes she will outgrow in six months :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter