gudenufmom

Earning My Ears
I booked both the Plaza Inn parade dining package AND Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience in 1 night. I will probably need to cancel one of these, and need advice on which to keep. I have a group of 8, and have 5 day single park tickets. We really want to do fireworks and Main Street Electrical Parade, and will have 3 nights in DL in which to experience them. My group size makes it very hard to get reservations for anything, and I know I probably won’t be able to switch one of these to another night. I realize I can try and wait for spots for the parade and fireworks without the experience packages, but I’m not sure how long each would require for spot-saving before each show.

Is it possible to do both? I know you are allowed to leave the TSLE area and come back, but I’m not sure if the timing would be too close. We have two time slots (group split into 2 reservations) for Plaza Inn at 1:45/2:45. I don’t even know if we would be hungry again by the time our 7:00 TSLE dinner time.

My questions:

Is it possible to do both of these experiences in one night?
Is Plaza Inn flexible with dining package times so all 8 of us could eat at once?
If I need to cancel one of these, which is the one to keep?

I haven’t done either of these packages, so I can’t really answer most of your questions. Just remember that Disneyland cancels fireworks if the wind/weather isn’t right. So maybe ask yourself if you would still be happy doing the skyline lounge experience if the fireworks end up being canceled that night.

We did the Skyline Lounge this weekend. You can do both, I don’t see why not since the lounge isn’t just for fireworks viewing and your table is essentially reserved the entire night. Once the parade is done you’ll have to immediately head to the lounge since it’s crowded and you’ll want to have enough time to get back.

The food is a slight variation on what’s at Galactic Grill, special sandwiches and fries, and a pasta bake with a dessert. Everyone’s eating habits are different as well as how much you’re walking around the park so if you think you would probably eat a burger and fries for dinner anyway the meal won’t be an issue.

If I had to cancel one I would cancel the Skyline lounge. As someone else said the fireworks occasionally get cancelled and honestly it’s much easier to get viewing for the fireworks without camping out for hours, unlike the parade.

If you are night owls then I would definitely watch the MSEP at the second viewing and you won't need to do a package or camp out for a spot. I found that it was easy to walk up and there were LOTS of places to stand right before the parade started on the Saturday of Mothers day weekend. If you want to sit on the curb you would need to get there a bit earlier but otherwise it was easy to see.

I just came back from a trip where I did the MSEP Plaza Inn lunch and judging from what I saw about Skyline in Magic Journeys' video about it, I would pick the MSEP lunch if you had to pick one. Everyone above is correct in that if you wait for the 10:45 show, you can very easily get an amazing seat ten minutes before it starts. However, one thing I really liked about the MSEP reservation for the earlier show is that I just turned around and stood near the flag pole (with no one in front of me since the flag pole is in the way) and got an amazing fireworks view, including seeing castle and Main Street projections, which you can't get at Skyline. Plus, if the fireworks get cancelled, at least you only paid $40 for the whole thing that comes with a really delicious fried chicken meal that's probably worth at least $25 since it comes with drink and dessert, and you only spent $15 on having a good parade spot. If sitting on the curb isn't important to you, you can show up to the MSEP reservation right before the window closes, there was plenty of space and I could see everything very clearly from standing. Skyline is $60 and while you get a choice of entree, dessert, and unlimited drinks, I feel like the MSEP food tastes better, it's cheaper, and you get both the parade and fireworks viewing.

I keep thinking about the Plaza Inn fried chicken…this plus all the advice has really helped. Leaning towards the MSEP dining package. The food just looks so much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter