Tomorrowland expansion

Every time i've been to Monsters, Inc, there is a big crowd there and they laugh at the jokes. Its one of our must do's. FWIW, I was "That Guy" on our last trip. I did get a sticker out of it saying "I was That Guy."

Stitch is just a bad ride, IMHO. Everyone one of the people on our party of six hated it when we first went on it. My 8 year old daughter cried after it was over, and my wife was close to a panic attack from being restrained in the dark. IMHO, not the kind of attraction Disney really needs. Another attraction would be better, even a meet & great would be better.

Buzz needs some love. Its fun, but they need to refurbish the cars and the laser system.

My kids love the Speedway - we have to ride it several times while we are there on MK. But I could go either way on it.

With the constant "the parks are more crowded" comments, Disney really needs to expand the parks to add more attractions, not replace existing ones. That way, the crowds will be spread out. I'd love to see a Cars land at WDW, but only if it fit, such as at MK or DHS.

#1 is Blasphemy. Have you actually gone into that attraction? It's hilarious!!

I agree with both points in #2 even though I like Monsters, Inc.

Yep, it is great for the kids, but it seems a little too Disney Junior for me. I'd rather they have an attraction that the whole family can enjoy. I prefer a ride that is between boring and puking.

Curious as to what you mean by this? Very curious.
Don't want to speak for them, but there was a long standing rumor that they were going to run canals for boating to get folks from CBR and that region to Epcot instead of busses.

I 100% agree. Even another roller coaster will fit there. I don't care if it shares a queue with Space Mountain.

Exactly, I'd take 5 Starbucks over the Classic Car Racers. At least the name "Starbucks" sounds more themed to the area.

Maybe gondolas would work better.

Stitch needs to disappear quickly. Not so much Buzz but it needs a redo. The people mover is perfection. The rest? Meh.

Speedway needs to go. What I'd like to see, personally, would be replacing the Speedway area with infrastructure resembling the Tommorowland theming, but updated to look very much like "Xandar" from GotG. No, don't bring GotG to the Magic Kingdom, but redo to look like the picture below:

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Concept_Art_OP_14_xandar_mall_concept_001.jpg

Leave the neon, because I love the way that Tomorrowland looks at night. As for the ride needed in the area, I'd rather see TRON go to Epcot, since it needs some more E-ticket attractions. Without running the risk of overdoing the technology, I'd like to see a coaster/simulator in the building area, where keeping with the Tomorrowland/space port theme, you go on an adventure from galaxy to galaxy, starting in Tomorrowland (ala "Iron Man" in Hong Kong). I'm not smart enough, or have enough time at work currently, to really go into a detailed plan, but let's stop with the heavy IP usage for once. Let the Imagineers do their jobs.

*Note, I'm not saying to build this exact replica. I just think that this type of architecture is fitting for Tomorrowland, and will give it the revamp and cleaned-up look that is needed.

Tomorrowland is the most problematic of the areas of Magic Kingdom for the same reason Future World is problematic. I was thinking about it last night and if this was the Disney of old, I'd love them to do an attraction that was similar to Horizons but have it progress you through what people thought the future would hold, what our present is and what could be the future tomorrow. But Disney doesn't do that kind of attraction anymore.

If I was the ones calling the shots and with the money to spend in the Magic Kingdom;

Tomorrowland would be closed for 18 months to 2 years to:
Completely replace and update the ride of Space Mountain. New track, ride vehicles
Gut and redo Buzz as a similar but more modern/updated ride
Gut and redo Monsters and Stitch. Something new.
Complete update and refresh of CoP
Astro can stay as is with some new paint and some TLC.
New sit-down restaurant
Now for the speedway. I would love to see a more adult coaster, but one that is very vertical in nature.

I am not sure what IPs I would use, just because it is Tomorrowland and it should be able to transition fairly well over time. Disney does not have a lot of futuristic IP and the ones they do aren't the most popular. I doubt the Treasure Planet Coaster would go over well. But it if was me spending the money on this I would rather some degree of original with IP.

Now with the rest of the speedway land I'd like to see two more fairly good capacity rides go into Fantasyland. And use that area to make a second entrance into MK from a premium hotel.

I always hoped that they would go with the Jules Verne steampunk look like they have in Discoveryland in DL Paris. But it looks like they are going to go with more of a purple alien planet look. Which is fine, it especially looks really amazing at night.

Exactly, I'd take 5 Starbucks over the Classic Car Racers. At least the name "Starbucks" sounds more themed to the area.

When I read Starbucks, I picture a space themed roller coaster with Tron like ride vehicles that look like Bambi's dad in a space suits.

When I read Starbucks, I picture a space themed roller coaster with Tron like ride vehicles that look like Bambi's dad in a space suits.

LOL, now that's a ride I can get behind. It can be a revision of the Bambi story, where aliens rip apart his mom and take Thumper or Flower. It can be a revenge story ala Taken.

(Bambi sees his Mom surrounded by flesh eating aliens)

Bambi's ill fated Mom - "Bambi run."
Bambi - "MAMA NOOOO."
sound of aliens eating her

(Later on Bambi is in his hotel room and he picks up a ringing phone)

"We have Flower."
"Give me him back, I've got a particular set of skills... I will find you."
"Good luck"
bad guy hangs up.

Last edited:
Sadly these are only rumours. IMHO, my family was utterly bored by Monsters Inc. My DD really likes the movie but she was fighting to get out of the auditorium from the moment they corralled us in line. She didn't get the jokes, she didn't understand the format, and she kept asking, "Where's Boo?"

I realized it was pretty nifty how they did the audience interaction, but I also would run screaming if I ended up on camera. Like really, I'm the person who throws jackets over her head when there are cameras present.

The idea of Stitch intrigues my DH but I don't think my DD will handle the restraints well. Also don't think *I* will handle them well. Plus I remember (and loved) the attractions in the building previous to Alien and Stitch and they are GONE GONE GONE along with that beautiful nostalgia. :(

Buzz's ride is fun but what's the point if they have already built a better and newer one over at DHS?

Speedway... ew.... so hot, so stinky, my DD hates how badly the cars drive... Space Mountain I could take or leave, I'm NOT getting on it! I love the PeopleMover, so don't change that. No interest in the Astro Orbiters from my DD so take or leave on that one. Anything I'm missing in Tomorrowland?

I personally LOVE Big Hero 6 and Wreck-it Ralph , so I would be thrilled to see them represented. And find a way to include the Incredibles! I saw the Dance Party, it looked fun, but we were running short on time that day... sorry it is leaving...

Just DO NOT TOUCH the Carousel of Progress! Please! Unless it's to bring more of the historical ride to us, maybe include the segments that they have taken out in the TV display that is shown before we get into the theatre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter