Tom Cruise?

I wouldn't even go that far. I don't think of these guys/gals as weirdos or whatever you want to say. they're different from me, sure. they're artists. i appreciate a good artist, i appreciate their work. i don't judge them based on what i hear about them online or in magazines.

if cameras followed me everywhere and you had TMZ drawing conclusions on me based on rumors, i'm sure people would think i was weird too. we all are.
Agreed 100%. They are left brained artist, who think and behave much like a left brained person does. I know a guy who is an incredible musician. Like can play almost anything you hand him. He is an incredible talent, but social a very odd human being. However, he can see music at a level that very few others can. Give him any song and another one and he can pretty much write a bridge on the spot to get you transitioned from one song into the other. Try and talk about recent events in a general generic conservation, and he is incredibly awkward.

That's the same way I see movie stars.

https://deadline.com/tag/dead-reckoning/

‘Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One’ Sets Franchise 5-Day U.S. Opening Record With $80M – Late Saturday Box Office Update
By Anthony D'Alessandro
Editorial Director/Box Office Editor
July 15, 2023 9:56pm PDT

SATURDAY PM UPDATE: Facts are facts, and Paramount/Skydance’s Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One set a 5-day opening domestic record for the franchise with $80M, we hear.

Previous best 5-day opening belonged to 2000’s Mission: Impossible II which cleared a Wednesday-Sunday take over Memorial Day weekend of $78.8M. The 3-day record still belongs to 2018’s Mission: Impossible – Fallout which posted $61.2M. Dead Reckoning looks to be coming in at $56.2M at 4,327 theaters, including Imax and PLF auditoriums. Dead Reckoning reps Oscar winning filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie’s third time directing a Mission movie after 2015’s Rogue Nation and Fallout. Technically, he has four Mission movies under his belt as he’s also directing Dead Reckoning Part Two. That movie had to pause recently due to the SAG-AFTRA strike.

As we already told you, even though Dead Reckoning‘s 5-day is in the vicinity of older leaning Disney/Lucasfilm finale Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Friday-Tuesday of $83.8M), a film we declared as a complete box office upset in regards to its $300M production cost), this Mission: Impossible sequel is a different beast as it has great reviews (96% certified fresh) and excellent audience scores with an A CinemaScore and 5 Stars Posttrak to leg it out, especially overseas. Dial of Destiny doesn’t have that momentum. Nancy will have more in the AM, but a global launch here of $200M+ for Dead Reckoning isn’t out of the realm of possibility. In like-for-likes and at today’s rates with previews, Mission: Impossible – Fallout debuted to a $247.8M WW global start; again with a hefty China start of $74M. Currently, in early figures, we’re seeing $22M+ for Dead Reckoning in China.

Proof that good word of mouth is working for Dead Reckoning: Remember how we were scared that the sequel wouldn’t deliver greatly with a $15.5M opening day (plus previews)? How rivals estimated the sequel at a $70M 5-day? Well, here’s Dead Reckoning coming in much higher.

Saturday was $21.3M, repping a 28% spike over Friday’s $16.7M. Sunday is figured at a -15% ease with $18.1M. Despite that wild $90M projection, Dead Reckoning wound up performing just a like a Tom Cruise Mission movie would.

Also faring well here is Angels Studios’ anti-child trafficking thriller Sound of Freedom which is shaping up for an estimated $24.7M second weekend in second place, up a hu-mungo 26% (when does that ever happen?) for a running total of $83.2M at 3,265 theaters. This Jim Caviezel movie is going well north of $100M.

Sound of Freedom is taking a BIT of the MI7 box office take--- (love both, btw) -- Just saw "SOF" for 2nd time at Dis Springs, and was absolutely packed !!!

He’s ok. I only like his Mission Impossible movies.
the first Jack Reacher movie was ok and was too different from the book for me to enjoy it.
the second Jack Reacher movie was better, they actually made it more interesting than the book… but neither compare to the current Jack Reacher tv series.

before mission impossible (fan of the 60s/70s/80s series), I think the only movie I watched that he was in was Far and Away (bad accent btw).

I haven't liked Tom Cruise for a long while now, but I just reviewed his imdb and I realize I've seen EVERY movie he's made, except for 6! Been watching his movies since Risky Business, and saw everything he was in back then. I recall early on, he escaped the brat pack, got out of making silly teen movies w the Color of Money, then Rain Man, etc.
Not sure his name means it'll be a box office success, but the MI franchises are successful. I still can't figure out why Top Gun 2 was so popular across so many generations. I know why gen x liked it so much, nostalgia, etc I thought it was a fine movie, but not worth the hype, but my gen z daughter and all her friends saw it and loved it.
We like all the MI movies except 2nd one, saw the first few in the theater. DH really likes them, we have them all of DVD, re-watched 5 and 6 yesterday, and he's looking forward to seeing the new one on screen. I can wait until it's on streaming

Sound of Freedom is taking a BIT of the MI7 box office take--- (love both, btw) -- Just saw "SOF" for 2nd time at Dis Springs, and was absolutely packed !!!
Just saw it yesterday. Also a full theater but in a much less populated area. Great action/thriller type movie. Nothing graphic in it and kept you on the edge of your seat to see how it would end. Recommend to anyone who likes movies like Taken, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter