Today's podcast............

Had been listening and paused the video for awhile only to find the stream gone when I came back. Was very powerful and hope will be made available as usual.

Incredibly power show today. Thank you for taking time out of the normal show format to discuss what really needed to be addressed, regardless of how painful or how some people may react. I applaud you all.

Just want to give my support to the team, everyone in Orlando, and those affected. We lost friends, family, and co-workers in the OKC bombing. However, the reasons behind OKC feel less heinous than those in Orlando. Keep strong:goodvibes

This is just my opinion, but the team has a RIGHT to be angry....what was done, was just WRONG on so many levels....and I am happy that they had the strength to talk about it. My heart, my love and lots of hugs go out to all the members of the team and all those affected by this senseless action, and especially to Ryno.....I can't even imagine what any of them are going through. Stay strong and just know that there are people that care....me being one of them.

Every time they apologized I got a little angry. Angry at the fact that 5 men who are very hurt felt like they had to apologize. I'm so glad at the end Pete finally said that he will not apologize. Keith showed us all a little bit of humanity when he got up to hold Ryno. Ryno showed incredible strength by wanting to continue. All of them showed incredible strength by being open and honest about their feelings.

The chat was being bogged down by a lot of negative people, trolls and folks calling for different topics to be discussed.

I love to watch live(and chat) as much as anyone, but this is exactly why I chose NOT to watch live today...I knew, sadly, that chat would turn into a quagmire, and I preferred to focus strictly on what the team was saying. I'll watch later this week.

I am so sorry that I missed today's live broadcast, and now it's no longer available. My heart goes out to the guys, my Disney guys/family

I haven't listened yet, but will later today when the iTunes feed is up.

I was awake when the first reports were coming through. The event occurred at about 4pm local time, so I spend the rest of my day thinking of the team and waiting for them to check in.
Reports of the death toll keep rising and all I could think of were my "friends" on the other side of the world.
I may never have spoken face to face with the team, but I've interacted with all of them online, and let them into my life, as they do me, on a weekly, and even daily basis.
Being in Australia, we are so far (geographically) from these incidents that while people are shocked by it here, it doesn't always directly affect the masses.
This affected me. Followed by a pretty crappy thing that happened to me personally Monday night, I broke down yesterday. It all got too much.

I'm so glad the team has spoken about this. I can't imagine how they are feeling if it can affect me so far away.

So, thank you team, for speaking candidly about your feelings and views, for being so open and honest about this heinous event that is so close to you, physically and emotionally.

Kudos to the DIS Team for forging ahead with the show today. That alone could not have been easy. Your strength, compassion and honesty is overwhelming. No doubt it helps more people than you will ever know. If podcast listeners don't want to hear about issues that transcend WDW parks then they can turn it off. But no progress is ever made by tuning out & not even trying. Really heartened by the posts on this thread. Great group of DIS'rs.

I could not wait for today's show , the show was so real not like the news that wants you to watch and keeps saying the same thing over and over but really don't tell you to much, that show to day should get an award , there was no bull Everything from the heart and I believe what Pete was saying is true about the killer goodluck to Orlando the world has you in there heart

I was watching the live stream whilst working and I couldn't stop tearing up during parts of the discussion. Incredibly emotional podcast and I am proud of the team especially Ryno for having the strength to talk about this tragic event and gun safety. Pete had no reason to apologise at all. In fact, I would have been more upset if they chose to gloss the topic over instead. Sending love, hugs and positive thoughts out to the whole Dis team and everyone in Orlando from the UK xxx

I havent watch todays show yet but Im currently at work with butterflies in my stomach cuz I know how tough the show was for the team. We are all here for you guys and god bless you all

I watched the show and I have to say that I can totally relate.
I went through a similar situation but worse and I went through the same cycle too.. no numbness though, it was just fear, fear, a whole lot of fear and then angriness.
This is hard but learn to move on, do what you think is best for yourself and the community and move on. Don't dwell on it too much, as you know that it will consume you to no end.

I'm going to say this though, it is totally possible to love and to listen even if we have a completely different belief. As Stephen Colbert rightly put it, 'to love' is a verb, do it!

I totally agree with OP. Today's show was heartbreaking and beautiful. I can't imagine how hard it would be to feel that close to such an awful, awful tragedy. My love and support go out to the whole Dis team and of course, the victims and families. Orlando strong for sure!!

I don't really know any of the members of the team, but as a regular listener, I almost feel like I know them. What happened breaks my heart, and I want to send love and prayers to my podcast friends. People all over the world are holding all of Orlando in our hearts.

Thank you, Team for posting the Go Fund Me link.

Last edited:
The chat was being bogged down by a lot of negative people, trolls and folks calling for different topics to be discussed. I'd just like to say, "Take a hint". This was a situation that happened 3 miles down the road and they're going to spend the whole episode talking about it. How can you be so insensitive about it hurting them and others, about how things needs to change, steps for that change, and possible solutions? You're right, it is a podcast about Disney, but a large part of that Disney community was affected this weekend.

Are you serious?? This tragedy happened down the road, and (usual?) viewers wanted them to move on and talk about Disney Springs construction updates or something?
The woooorst.

And Pete even said at the start they weren't gonna talk about other stuff.
People are ....interesting sometimes.

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter