• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Today is a very big day, Pascal!" May 2016 PTR

winnie_516

Earning My Ears
Hello, and welcome to my very first trip report (ever)!! I'll be your host, Rachel! I'm currently a sophomore in college, studying Mathematics and Statistics (it's actually not as boring as it may sound, trust me!). :cool2: I was originally in the finance track at my university, but decided in my second semester that I truly was happy doing math and statistics, and so I spoke with advisors and low and behold, here I am today! My plan is to become an actuarial analyst. (And what is an actuarial analyst, Rachel?) Well, an actuarial analyst studies the history of a company, and makes estimates for spending based on its history. Mostly, though, it deals with insurance with cars, homes, life, etc etc. Quite interesting, to say the least!

If you couldn't guess from the title of this PTR, this trip is going to occur during my birthday! I've been fortunate enough to go the past two years during May to Disney World, the first being with a group of friends and I celebrating our high school graduation in 2014. We stayed off property, and only visited the Magic Kingdom during our trip, but made daily visits to Downtown Disney (now called Disney Springs :sad2:) and several resort properties. Last year, I also visited WDW, this time around with my mom! She hasn't been down here since 2003 (which is actually the last time I fully did Disney, myself!). We stayed at POR, which we both came to love back on our trip in 2003. We left just after my birthday, as I had exams and papers to finish up before we left. This time, though, my classes and exams finish early enough for me to visit WDW AGAIN!!!
:jumping1:

I'm only a little bit excited, can't you tell? :cool1:

My first visit to the world occurred in 2001, where my family and I spent the week of Thanksgiving in Disney, as well as Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral. We stayed at the CBR for 5 days, and two days off property in Orlando. I have mixed memories of this trip, of that including being completely patted down by the TSA on the way to Disney (This trip occurred 2 months after 9/11, so any suspicious activity was investigated), seeing Disney fireworks for the very first time, getting my first pair of Minnie (princess) ears, and waiting two hours in 85 degree weather to meet Ariel! And to be fair, I didn't even look into the camera when the picture was taken.

Anyways, my family and I, along with family friends, went again during Easter of 2003 (our very last trip to the World for awhile). This time around, I got lost in Blizzard Beach, was forced into riding Rock n Roller Coaster (in which I was told that it did not go upside-down...in return, after sobbing throughout the ride, I exclaimed "It went upside-down...3 TIMES!!!"), and experienced my mom and her friend trying to drive the ferryboat back to our hotel after finishing off Captain Jack Rum Runners (which she swears to be the best drink she's ever had, to this day). While I have more memories of this trip than my first, let's just say I wasn't ready to go back for a while. :wave2:

Last year I was able to visit the world with my mom, and this time around, I will be taking my sister on the ride with me! She actually is not a fan of Disney...at all! :earseek: I'm suprised that she is even coming on this trip with me. She's a fan of European travel, where there's quite a few less children. However, I was able to convince her to take this trip with me, with the promise that we would spend a majority of our time in Epcot. Originally, we had planned to do 5 days in Disney, with 2 days at Universal (as neither of us have ever been). After calculating costs (BTW - thought I'd mention that my sister is an accountant, but she is in no way good at math like me :wave:) The prices came to be a bit too much for us, so she decided that we do just Disney.

Here come the WHATS, WHENS, WHERES, and WHYS! :cheer2:

WHAT: A 6-day, 5-night trip to Disney World!

WHEN: May 15-May 20

WHERE: Staying at your favorite moderate and mine...POR!

WHY: To celebrate my birthday, as well as a well-deserved vacation!

Last edited:
I am in. Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Love POR. The boat ride to Disney Springs is the best part.
Thanks for following along! It definitely is - I love how relaxing it is, and getting to see a lot of the resorts is a bonus! :thumbsup2

Hey there everyone! I thought I'd put in a small introduction of me, and I'll have another one of my sister after this!

Here I am!

As you all know, my name is Rachel! I was born (and raised) in Buffalo, New York and still attend college in the area.

Ok - quick tangent. It's wings, not buffalo wings. It's pop, not soda. It's a sucker, not a lollipop. We drink loganberry and eat sponge candy and enjoy it way too much. I've lived through 8 feet of snow (twice). I can smell cheerios from my backyard, Paula's donuts (enough said), and Tom Brady is a cheater.

Since that is over, let's talk a little more about me! Like I said earlier, I am studying Mathematics and Statistics at my local university. I was fortunate enough to attend local private elementary and high schools (there's actually a lot in this area), and I made some of my best friends from there. I'm very laid back, and enjoy the small things in life. I actually wasn't a big Disney fan when I was young (shocker!). However, what I did enjoy from Disney was The Little Mermaid (I actually destroyed the VHS from watching it so much :rolleyes1), Bear in the Big Blue House, and ANYTHING Winnie the Pooh. I really came to love Disney around high school. My last visit with my family was in 2003, so I was beginning to be quite overdue for a trip! My friend from high school, Shannon, actually got me to be extremely hooked onto everything Disney! I went on my high school graduation trip with her, her family, as well as other close friends of ours from high school. (I may make a trip report of this, as well!)

Here are some of my personal favorites of Disney:
Favorite Park: MK, although Epcot is a close second!

Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Character: Winnie the Pooh!
Favorite Restaurant: O'hana Dinner. Something about those pot stickers...:hyper:
Favorite Quick-Service: Wolfgang Puck Express in DS! SO good :bitelip:
Favorite Snack: Plaza Ice Cream Sundae...right before the electrical parade
Favorite Resort: POR, would love to stay at GF someday though!

I'll be sure to put in my sister's introduction later today!
9mww8u4snqq6s45p.png

Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved. - A.A. Milne

Hey there, everyone! It's been a busy weekend, so I haven't had the chance to finish up introductions! Of course you all saw mine. Now here is my sister, Becca.

Yes, she is my sister. No, we do not look anything alike.

Actually, no matter how hard our mom would try to dress us alike, we were/are complete opposites.

We're also very apart in age. As kids, we fought like cats and dogs and couldn't go a day without wanting to rip each other's hair out. We've gotten better since she moved away, but we still occasionally get into each other's hair (no, not literally).

She is an accountant for a company out in Ohio, and is very happy where she is in life. Like I mentioned earlier, she is not much of a Disney fan, but deals with the obsession I have with it. She's been to Europe twice, in which her most recent trip, she was able to visit London. She now adores everything about England and hopes to live there someday. She's into puzzles and board games, and also binge watching Netflix. Our trip this May will be the first time she returned to Disney World since 2003! I'm doing the majority of the planning for our trip, but I made sure there were some of her favorites from when we last went. Here are some of her (I'm guessing on this one!) favorites:

Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Rock'n Roller Coaster
Favorite Character: I want to say Eeyore...
Favorite Restaurant: 50's Prime Time
Favorite Quick-Service: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Favorite Snack: Does the alcohol in Epcot count?
Favorite Resort: Port Orleans Riverside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter