To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

I'm well aware of govt waste and over the top spending. I just think the Disney Co. isn't about to spend that for one can. They either have their own staff to make them OR have a deal with some company for the amount they need. Just an opinion.

The govt is spending our money -- Disney is spending its own -- the latter would not be AS reckless in spending. :)

If you look up commercial or industrial outdoor metal garbage cans the prices are anywhere from $600 to almost $1000. I couldn't find the Push style cans so can't give an accurate price.

Its crazy but accurate! Ive been shopping for decent lidded commercial can for our small local community center for months and the cheapest ive found r 700 and that is a wire mesh!!!

Supervise your children, at all times. I say this as a former Attractions Member who worked in The Boneyard. All of the time, I would have parents say "Can we leave our kids in here while we go ride dinosaur, because they're too short and can't go on Dinosaur". I would have to tell them no, obviously. Just because The Boneyard is an enclosed playground that doesn't mean you should not supervise your children. That's why they have a thing called a Rider Switch. So one adult can ride while the other sits with the kid, and then they can use the rider switch to go through the fast pass and take turns, so you don't wait in the line twice.

I had to call a manager once because a 7-8 year old boy was crying in the boneyard because he had been left in there alone for over an hour so his mom "could go eat dinner".

Cast Members are there to help you and answer questions, but they should not be obligated babysitters. I was called a babysitter by multiple guests throughout my college program, and as a trained attractions cast member I would get upset, but of course I couldn't show that on stage, I had to remain courteous.

Basically just, SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN, at all times. That is my best tip. It can help you avoid a lot of stress. I have countless other stories other than the two I gave on this post, but I didn't want to make it too long of a read.

angeladcp :welcome:

I totally agree with you. Although I have never been in your shoes, I believe what you have posted.

p.s. I love long reads

Supervise your children, at all times. I say this as a former Attractions Member who worked in The Boneyard. All of the time, I would have parents say "Can we leave our kids in here while we go ride dinosaur, because they're too short and can't go on Dinosaur". I would have to tell them no, obviously. Just because The Boneyard is an enclosed playground that doesn't mean you should not supervise your children. That's why they have a thing called a Rider Switch. So one adult can ride while the other sits with the kid, and then they can use the rider switch to go through the fast pass and take turns, so you don't wait in the line twice. I had to call a manager once because a 7-8 year old boy was crying in the boneyard because he had been left in there alone for over an hour so his mom "could go eat dinner". Cast Members are there to help you and answer questions, but they should not be obligated babysitters. I was called a babysitter by multiple guests throughout my college program, and as a trained attractions cast member I would get upset, but of course I couldn't show that on stage, I had to remain courteous. Basically just, SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN, at all times. That is my best tip. It can help you avoid a lot of stress. I have countless other stories other than the two I gave on this post, but I didn't want to make it too long of a read.

Great post. People they are YOUR kids it's your job!!

angeladcp :welcome: I totally agree with you. Although I have never been in your shoes, I believe what you have posted. p.s. I love long reads

Yes, I don't doubt it for a minute. I used to work in the children's department of a large book store and the same thing would happen there almost every day.

As a Disney reservations agent i have to say pls be kind to the agent you get on the phone. If we can't get the discount or resort you want its not our fault its booked, I can't tell you how many times I've had a wonderful call that went south the min I had to tell the guest i didnt have what they wanted. Not only to get talked down to or cussed but given a bad survey at the end of the call which by the way we are graded on heavily!

We live to make your vacation magical but we don't control the room inventory or discounts and it's never easy for us to have to tell a guest we can't give them what they want.

As a Disney reservations agent i have to say pls be kind to the agent you get on the phone. If we can't get the discount or resort you want its not our fault its booked, I can't tell you how many times I've had a wonderful call that went south the min I had to tell the guest i didnt have what they wanted. Not only to get talked down to or cussed but given a bad survey at the end of the call which by the way we are graded on heavily!

We live to make your vacation magical but we don't control the room inventory or discounts and it's never easy for us to have to tell a guest we can't give them what they want.

Bummer. :/ I just got off the phone with them and I couldn't get the discount I wanted (but I know that's not their fault, the military discount either books up quickly or is hard to get for POR (Royal Room) and it's not offered for the room I did book (AoA Little Mermaid) but I will still have a magical vacation! I just wish the survey at the end of my call would have connected, it hung up on me. :/ The lady I spoke to tried so hard to help me! I think I've called about my reservation a few too many times, the survey hasn't connected me the last 2 times I spoke with someone.

I hope you have a magical rest-of-the-day! I'm sorry some guests forget to spread the magic! Ehm. I wish I could get you a cup of coffee!

Worked in Magic Kingdom as a park greeter. Part of our duties is greeting guests as they exit and answering any questions they may have about getting back to the hotel or parking. Typically after the fireworks end, we are consistently bombarded by people who need to get back to the MK parking lot/TTC with the question "which is faster, ferry boat or Express monorail?" While the answer we tell you is one of the two, we aren't trained to mention that the RESORT Monorail also goes back to the TTC, and the wait time for that monorail is usually only 5-10 minutes versus the 20-30 minute wait for Express monorail or ferry boat. It is IMO one of my locations better kept secrets because nowhere is it advertised that the resort monorail also stops at the TTC. Good to know after a long day of magic :thumbsup2

They always asked for proof you were staying at a monorail resort at closing?

I think what the poster is saying is that it is a good tip to wait for the express resort monorail, because if you ask a cm at the park they will not tell you that is an option (people will assume it doesn't stop at the ttc)

We've always thanked Housekeeping and try to thank the CM's and have done the surveys with gleaming 5 stars and all. I like the little thank you cards to bring, fill out and turn into to guess services when you leave the park. I will need to try that next trip.

My CM Story...one of my top 3.

The wife and DD wanted to stand in line for Merida, so my DS and I headed off to try some other rides. We got to the new Fantasyland before it was opened and notice all these folks going inside, but CM's had it roped off.

I think only Belles storytime was open and you could walk around and see the other attractions, just couldn't ride anything.

I walked up to a CM at the ropes and started chatting with this little old lady that was probably my mothers age. I asked what was going on and she said, well its CM day. They can preview the new Fantasyland today. CM's and families only. Not open to the ticketed guests. I was like bummer and said, "Could I be your long lost son today?" She giggled and smirked. I told her I was just joking around. Then, kinda just looked around and she stopped me.

She said, hold on, let me go talk to the manager. I thought I was going to get her or me in trouble. She came back and said, "Okay, you two follow me, you're going in!!!" I was like what? Come along, I got you access.

I about tinkled in my pants...I looked at my DS and said, "Score!".

We walked up to the rope, they parted it and we were in like Flint.

We did the Belle storytime...not really our cup of tea, but it was cool and had some awesome special effects. We walked around Gaston's Tavern and the Mermaid ride (not open), then back out.

It was a blast....it was more fun talking and chatting with the CM and trying to get past the ropes and being a CM family member for a few minutes...than actually riding anything.

It's fun to try and go outside the box, be daring, but be nice at it, charm and good looks help too. :rotfl2:

I wish I remembered her name...she was the sweetest lady in the park that day.

Bfrosty

We've always thanked Housekeeping and try to thank the CM's and have done the surveys with gleaming 5 stars and all. I like the little thank you cards to bring, fill out and turn into to guess services when you leave the park. I will need to try that next trip.

My CM Story...one of my top 3.

The wife and DD wanted to stand in line for Merida, so my DS and I headed off to try some other rides. We got to the new Fantasyland before it was opened and notice all these folks going inside, but CM's had it roped off.

I think only Belles storytime was open and you could walk around and see the other attractions, just couldn't ride anything.

I walked up to a CM at the ropes and started chatting with this little old lady that was probably my mothers age. I asked what was going on and she said, well its CM day. They can preview the new Fantasyland today. CM's and families only. Not open to the ticketed guests. I was like bummer and said, "Could I be your long lost son today?" She giggled and smirked. I told her I was just joking around. Then, kinda just looked around and she stopped me.

She said, hold on, let me go talk to the manager. I thought I was going to get her or me in trouble. She came back and said, "Okay, you two follow me, you're going in!!!" I was like what? Come along, I got you access.

I about tinkled in my pants...I looked at my DS and said, "Score!".

We walked up to the rope, they parted it and we were in like Flint.

We did the Belle storytime...not really our cup of tea, but it was cool and had some awesome special effects. We walked around Gaston's Tavern and the Mermaid ride (not open), then back out.

It was a blast....it was more fun talking and chatting with the CM and trying to get past the ropes and being a CM family member for a few minutes...than actually riding anything.

It's fun to try and go outside the box, be daring, but be nice at it, charm and good looks help too. :rotfl2:

I wish I remembered her name...she was the sweetest lady in the park that day.

Bfrosty

I'm sure that lady must have been the same one we met the same year. She loved our english accents and we bet her several times during the trip. Wish we'd had some thank you cards..... We will this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter