• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

Just poking my .02 in here to thank all the CMs and the Disney frequenters for this post. I'm only on page 30 (not even out of 2009 yet) and, though I always make a point of thanking (to lead by example) and having my Squeaker thank people, reading the stories and tips of ways to take just one extra step that can make all the difference in someone's day...I have a serious case of the warm fuzzy feels. I'll start back where I left off for tomorrow.

I just read this whole thread in one day! :goodvibes
This has convinced me to apply for the College Program when I'm older.
I'll definitely be going out of my way to hopefully brighten up a CM's day on our next trip. :)

Okay, I just saw THIS post with a ticker in it that says "9 months to performing at WDW" and I just think...this is just so beautiful. All of the stories on here, and they inspired this future CM to pursue a dream that's coming true. Congratulations, PoohBearLover, if you ever see this! Have a magical time!

To the CM's out there ~
We have a package booked in October, that includes 2-day non-park hopper passes. We also have separate 3-day park-hopper ones ('traditional' credit-card type plastic) which we will be using. Should I just keep them separate and use the plastic cards to enter a park, or should I link them to my MyDisneyExperience account. I've gotten conflicting stories regarding this and am not sure as to what to do....:confused3

To the CM's out there ~
We have a package booked in October, that includes 2-day non-park hopper passes. We also have separate 3-day park-hopper ones ('traditional' credit-card type plastic) which we will be using. Should I just keep them separate and use the plastic cards to enter a park, or should I link them to my MyDisneyExperience account. I've gotten conflicting stories regarding this and am not sure as to what to do....:confused3

...bumping for replies...TIA!

To the CM's out there ~

I'm not a CM, but my $0.02 would be "Do what makes you feel most comfortable."

I just finished a year with an annual pass, and had 5 days left over from a previous 10-day non-expiring ticket. When they first came out with the MDE, I was playing around trying to get it all set up, and linked both my entrance media to the account. I was able to go in and "deactivate" the NE ticket so it would not count against my entrances while I was using the AP.

So that would be my suggestion. Link the 3-day tickets you plan to use to the MDE, then deactivate (or re-prioritize, I forget the actual terminology that the site uses) the 2-day ticket until later when you will use them.

I'm not a CM, but my $0.02 would be "Do what makes you feel most comfortable."

I just finished a year with an annual pass, and had 5 days left over from a previous 10-day non-expiring ticket. When they first came out with the MDE, I was playing around trying to get it all set up, and linked both my entrance media to the account. I was able to go in and "deactivate" the NE ticket so it would not count against my entrances while I was using the AP.

So that would be my suggestion. Link the 3-day tickets you plan to use to the MDE, then deactivate (or re-prioritize, I forget the actual terminology that the site uses) the 2-day ticket until later when you will use them.

.....kewl beans.....THANKS! :thumbsup2

Excellent thread! I recently pulled out some of the highlights and featured it on the DIS. :thumbsup2 http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cast-member-tips.htm

Thank you! It gave me a refresher on some things to remember on our upcoming trip in December.

I think I have read this somewhere but want to make sure that it wasn't part of a dream.

If you are in line at a park for security, the CM checks bags on their right and his left? So if there is only a line to their right we can go to his left and get our bags checked?

The same for walk up counter service, say for instance at Columbia Harbor House, if a CM is working a cash register and the line is to their right of the cash register we can go to the left of the cash register and begin another line?

And my last for now, which do you do when you walk up to a ride, go to the right or left? I've heard that one is shorter because people typically go one way more than the other.

Thank you! It gave me a refresher on some things to remember on our upcoming trip in December.

I think I have read this somewhere but want to make sure that it wasn't part of a dream.

If you are in line at a park for security, the CM checks bags on their right and his left? So if there is only a line to their right we can go to his left and get our bags checked?

The same for walk up counter service, say for instance at Columbia Harbor House, if a CM is working a cash register and the line is to their right of the cash register we can go to the left of the cash register and begin another line?

Not a cm here...but yes. Be prepared for others around to
;) 1) get annoyed and think you're 'cutting in line' then
;) 2) following you into that line when they realize they don't have to stand in the long line:rotfl2:

;) 2) following you into that line when they realize they don't have to stand in the long line:rotfl2:
Maybe I'll send my daughter up first and then I can follow. ;)

Ha! This happens to us all the time. We walk up to a QS restaurant. There one side with 10 people, and the other side has no-one. I just walk up to the other side, and exactly what you get is people being annoyed at you and then following you into the line. I don't care though - I can't help it that those other people are dolts. :rotfl2:

Some cast members will actually wave people over to the other side, but most don't. I think because it's probably harder on them keeping both sides straight as to who's next, so there happy when people don't realize the 2nd side is open.

sorry to bump an old thread, but i HAVE to include this!

if we ask you to do something for your safety, please, please listen. safety for all the guests and cast is the utmost priority for all cast members, and we're asking these things of you to keep you safe.

that being said ... it's unsafe if you stand your child on a trash can to see the parade or fireworks, and the cans are not very strong. if it breaks, it's over a thousand dollars to replace it, and we're saving you the bill! :rotfl:

sorry to bump an old thread, but i HAVE to include this!

if we ask you to do something for your safety, please, please listen. safety for all the guests and cast is the utmost priority for all cast members, and we're asking these things of you to keep you safe.

that being said ... it's unsafe if you stand your child on a trash can to see the parade or fireworks, and the cans are not very strong. if it breaks, it's over a thousand dollars to replace it, and we're saving you the bill! :rotfl:

$1000 for a trash can???!!!??? Holy carp!

It may not be! The US Navy has famously spent 8,000 for submarine toilet seats. It's entirely possible that Disney had a specific design in mind for their trash cans, hired a contractor, and the lowest bid they got was 1,000 apiece. You know how people can be when they know an institution has money. "Yeah, I'll do it for ya...but it's gonna cost!"

If you look up commercial or industrial outdoor metal garbage cans the prices are anywhere from $600 to almost $1000. I couldn't find the Push style cans so can't give an accurate price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter