To stroll or not 'to stroll' a 4 1/2 yr.old

This will be DDs 3rd trip. She is 4 1/2 and we are not bringing a stroller for her. We are prepared to rent if necessary, but hope not to. We will never be at the parks for more than 4 hours. We make use of as much internal transportation as possible. We've been taking "Disney walks" almost daily to build stamina. And she has broken in a very comfortable and supportive pair of shoes.

At 3 1/2 DD could bike 3 miles, run over 1/2 mile and walk for a couple hours. I know that's not normal for someone her age, but it reflects her interests and our family's lifestyle. If your 4 1/2 yo is similar, and you aren't going commando at the parks, you might just manage without a stroller!

I will definately be bringing a stroller thanks to all of you and your past experiences! I felt a little 'goofy' after I got such a huge response suggesting the stroller - it's just been a few years. Then I thought " Oh, pooh!", just go ahead and get a new umbrella stroller! (Thanks christophfam, I've already looked at the travelsavvy site that you gave!)

::MinnieMo Thanks again for all the advice! We usually go til we can't go anymore....so the stroller will carry at least the toddler!Ya'll are great!:wave2:

STROLLER!!!!!!!
DD@4-5 was really a walker too!
We found that by RENTING the stroller she viewed it more like another RIDE not a "baby" stroller-
She'd walk as much as she wanted but wasn't
embarrassed when she tired and just wanted to
be away from the crowds in her own space-
DON"T give it any more thought--if you DON"T take a stroller
YOU WILL BE MISERABLE!!!!:earsboy:

We brought umbrella strollers from home when the kids were 4 & 2 and again on our next trip when they were 7 & 5. I would take the stroller again in a flash. The kids were under supervision, we walked at an adult pace (didn't hit people) and there was no crankiness or tantrums whatsoever on either trip. I watched tired adults carrying their wailing children at the end of the day and was so glad it wasn't me. I was pooped enough, I can't imagine how children do it.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest