To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

And the results are in. We had two contestants just barely guess perfectly. No bonus points today. But congrats @cavepig and "Mom" who both had the best guesses at 21:00 even.

upload_2017-1-5_11-10-35.png

And if you want to know where you stand in the rankings...here they are thus far. You want the most points when all is said and done!
upload_2017-1-5_11-20-0.png

@DopeyBadger is sitting pretty close to the middle. Way to be a team player and not hog the top spot :)
Stay tuned for a reminder on what you all guessed for the 10k and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Since I think so many of you are actually in WDW...posting pics is probably hard. So the bonus challenge for the day is to please eat something amazing at WDW for me today because my lean cuisine right now is pretty sad.

Congratulations on the 5K PR! :cool1: How'd it feel? I've always had a love/hate relationship with the 5K - on the one hand, it feels like being stabbed in the heart continuously for 20 minutes, but on the other hand, at least it's over quickly! :laughing:

So I don't know why we are still running this contest. GiGi clearly wins the contest just on style points alone. I'd like those shoes in an adult size 8.5 please.

But I guess I'll still post everyone's 10k predictions. FYI: McMillan thinks you'll get a 43:41 based on your 5k time. Go ahead and prove it wrong by 13 seconds please :)
Everyone go to sleep now...big morning coming up!

upload_2017-1-5_15-32-21.png

So I don't know why we are still running this contest. GiGi clearly wins the contest just on style points alone. I'd like those shoes in an adult size 8.5 please.

But I guess I'll still post everyone's 10k predictions. FYI: McMillan thinks you'll get a 43:41 based on your 5k time. Go ahead and prove it wrong by 13 seconds please :)
Everyone go to sleep now...big morning coming up!

View attachment 213532

Challenge accepted McMillian!

Congratulations on the 5K PR! :cool1: How'd it feel? I've always had a love/hate relationship with the 5K - on the one hand, it feels like being stabbed in the heart continuously for 20 minutes, but on the other hand, at least it's over quickly! :laughing:

Thanks! The beginning was a bit congested and there was some tripping so I probably went a touch slower than 5k pace. But as soon as it opened up I felt like I was giving a solid effort. Totally agree on the love hate relationship. I don't like the feeling of breathlessness and pushing really hard. But it is nice and short. Plus I tend to take some time to warm up to pace so a 5k is tough for me. But can't argue with 2 of the fastest miles I've ever run at 6:29 and 6:37!

Official 10k results are in: 43:25!
So speedy! :banana::banana:
And way to go beating McMillan's guesstimate!
I'll have the rankings to you all once I'm at work.

Shows what he knows... :P

Now what does he say for the HM?

I ended up a bit further back in A corral then I intended which forced a major slowdown in mile 1. Although maybe that allowed me to hit my time without crashing. Who knows?

Looks like the PR was by 1:06! I'll take it!

Awesome! Great job!

Thanks!

Fingers crossed they let us run the HM tomorrow because I'm still feeling pretty good. Ready to tackle the next!

Yeah I was thinking of yelling at you for being a few seconds too fast, but then I realized that would kind of go against the whole "trying to be fast" thing you are going for this weekend :)

SPREADSHEET TIME!

Here's how everyone did for 10k guesses vs. the official 43:25 finish
Your first 5k was 22:03 and second 5k was 21:22. That's nice negative split right there, Sir!

upload_2017-1-6_8-23-23.png

A lot of people guessed within a minute...but it was @roxymama taking home the top rank at 43:28 (she's so wise!)

And here are the current standings. @FFigawi is our current leader! You get a banana:banana:
upload_2017-1-6_8-29-45.png

MacMillan thinks you can run your half (based on your 10k time) at 1:36:47
Here's what we all think. I'm thinking you can get GiGi some points here :)
upload_2017-1-6_8-34-23.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter