To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Thought about you cold weather folk the last couple of mornings... we got hit with epic cold front, and morning temps were actually in the 50’s... I obviously went with cold weather gear... You never know, you might get hypothermia in a T+D of 120!!

Coming along nicely!

Thanks!

I was totally thinking cross fit when I was reading this. Pictured Billy throwing the cinder blocks into place, then taking a sledgehammer to the wall.

More like secretly (found out this weekend) that the countertop guy was making fun of me from inside because I had so little in my wheelbarrow. It's cause my wheelbarrow was the junky one with a flat tire, but don't let facts get in the way of a good joke I guess. He didn't realize I was the owner of the house either.

Thought about you cold weather folk the last couple of mornings... we got hit with epic cold front, and morning temps were actually in the 50’s... I obviously went with cold weather gear... You never know, you might get hypothermia in a T+D of 120!!

:rotfl2:

So in 20 years will we be reading fun facts about a famous broadway star and it will say that her dad is the inventor of the first tron-track indoor virtual training guantlet?

:rotfl2:

The house is looking great! And that's a great story about G and her photo shoot, sounds like she did a great job and enjoyed it at the same time :)

Woohoo G! Is that toy horse commercial going to be on tv?

It's been fun watching your house progress! Just reading about building those walls makes me tired and my muscles ache. My DH put a much shorter one in our backyard when we lived in MA. They are so much more work than you think!

The house is looking great!

Thanks!

And that's a great story about G and her photo shoot, sounds like she did a great job and enjoyed it at the same time :)

She definitely has fun with it. She seems to be in her element in that environment.

Woohoo G! Is that toy horse commercial going to be on tv?

So there's an actual Scout commercial that G also auditioned for but didn't get the role. I haven't seen it on TV yet, but it should come through as a Wal-Mart commercial. The videos she is in are all web based.

It's been fun watching your house progress! Just reading about building those walls makes me tired and my muscles ache. My DH put a much shorter one in our backyard when we lived in MA. They are so much more work than you think!

Thanks! It was certainly an experience.

My old bike trainer is officially dead to me. Sprayed oil on my couch while I was riding it on Saturday (thankfully it mostly came out). Swapped out to my BIL's trainer for the few weeks until I can get a new one. Went to the budget bike shop. Everything was significantly more expensive there than on Facebook. The lowest priced bike they could find me and my fit was $750. So I reached out to one of the Facebook people from that first set with the Windsor bike and slew of accessories ($445). We're meeting tomorrow. My uncle in law gave me size 10.5 bike shoes as well and they fit like a glove. So at least got the shoes covered. I'll take the bike in after I get it (as long as everything seems alright with it) to get it fitted to me at Erik's and swap out any components if necessary. So the ball is rolling. Just waiting on the sale at Clever Training and then we'll see which new trainer I end up with.

My old bike trainer is officially dead to me. Sprayed oil on my couch while I was riding it on Saturday (thankfully it mostly came out). Swapped out to my BIL's trainer for the few weeks until I can get a new one. Went to the budget bike shop. Everything was significantly more expensive there than on Facebook. The lowest priced bike they could find me and my fit was $750. So I reached out to one of the Facebook people from that first set with the Windsor bike and slew of accessories ($445). We're meeting tomorrow. My uncle in law gave me size 10.5 bike shoes as well and they fit like a glove. So at least got the shoes covered. I'll take the bike in after I get it (as long as everything seems alright with it) to get it fitted to me at Erik's and swap out any components if necessary. So the ball is rolling. Just waiting on the sale at Clever Training and then we'll see which new trainer I end up with.

Nice! I think that bike is a really great deal for you first go-round on a road bike. And score on finding cycling shoes that fit - you'll definitely be able to tell a difference with the cycling shoes and clipping in on the road bike for your workouts.

Nice! I think that bike is a really great deal for you first go-round on a road bike. And score on finding cycling shoes that fit - you'll definitely be able to tell a difference with the cycling shoes and clipping in on the road bike for your workouts.

Thanks! I'm happy with it. He found a few other accessories and threw those in for free as well. Said he planned on getting into Triathlons, but then never did. So he didn't need any of the stuff anymore. The new bike is significantly quieter on the trainer than the old bike. Haven't had the time yet to setup the clips.

Wow, the house is looking fantastic. Seems like it's gone really fast (to me anyway ;) ).

Congrats to G on her commercial as well!

How's the house progressing?

Almost finished. Just a few things here and there. We were planning on moving in today (Friday), but because they had been forecasting snow we decided to call an audible and move in yesterday afternoon. The process was smooth and efficient (only had to move a block) and saved boatloads of money by doing it ourselves. Wasn't able to sleep there yet because we don't have a permit yet or inspector approval. But possibly tonight. Excited to see it start to come together with our stuff in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter