To do a split stay or not...that is the question

archrd

Mouseketeer
So we have had to change our return flight for our vacation but we get to add another night! We are 3 siblings and we currently have a vacation package booked for 13 nights and then 1 additional night for a total of 14 nights in a family suite at the all star music. So now we are thinking about doing our 13 nights at ASMu and then switching over to Port Orleans for 2 nights. Our flight will be leaving at 8:45pm on our departure day so it basically gives us a full day. Our thought was to use our 10 day park pass over our first 13 full days we are there and then just relax our last 3 days. Should we just stay at the All Star music or switch over to the Port Orleans for the last two nights which would mean that two of us would have to share a bed. What does everyone think?

Is there any particular reason for wanting to switch to PO? If there isn't, I wouldn't. You'll already be very settled in at ASMu having been there for 12 nights. For me it'd be a hassle to have to pack everything including 13 days worth of souvenirs/purchases for just 2 nights. By the time you feel settled it'll be time to leave. If it were an even split, 7/7, I'd be more inclined to go for it as you'd then be able to settle in at both resorts.

Is there any particular reason for wanting to switch to PO? If there isn't, I wouldn't. You'll already be very settled in at ASMu having been there for 12 nights. For me it'd be a hassle to have to pack everything including 13 days worth of souvenirs/purchases for just 2 nights. By the time you feel settled it'll be time to leave.

Great advise, unless you really like packing & unpacking & packing & unpacking. Oops not sure if I have an extra unpacking in there, but you get the idea. :faint:

I normally advise and say go for it on split stays, we love them! But after 13 days that is a lot of stuff lying around to pack up then to unpack some of it again. If its fora week and four days in I would say go for it!

I would stay put and enjoy it!

The reason we are doing 13 nights at the ASMu is because we have a vacation package booked with a 10 day park pass and quick service dining, which we hope we will have a pin for as we normally do. Then we added the extra night on so that we could take a direct flight home the following afternoon. Now when we went to book our flight today air Canada no longer offers the direct flight we wanted but does the day after. We normally have everything all packed by about the 11th or 12th night to see how much more shopping we can cram in our suitcases. So we figured that it would be really easy to move to a moderate for the last 2 nights which would actually end up being 3 full days as our flight leaves late that night. We had originally planned on staying at POR for the whole trip but decided that we needed more room to spread out. In past trips we always got two connecting rooms at Pop Century. We think that the pools and being only a boat ride away from DTD will make our last 3 days of our vacation more relaxing.

If you are Ok with the packing then go for it! We will be at POFQ next week and can't wait to relax there! :cool1:

We normally have everything all packed by about the 11th or 12th night to see how much more shopping we can cram in our suitcases. So we figured that it would be really easy to move to a moderate for the last 2 nights

Since you have everything packed up early, I would go ahead and move to Port Orleans. Just consolidate the things you'll need for the last 2 nights so you won't have to unpack very much.

Another vote for switching to Port Orleans for last few days. Can you get an extra cot in the room for third person? I'm not sure if that is offered there or not.

Does anyone know I'd you can get a cot? It will be me and my 2 brothers so we would not be exceeding the room capacity. One thought I had was to request a room with the Murphy bed as it looks to be the same width as a couch and the height should be fine for me as I am only 5'3".....thoughts anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter