tlhbdm-TR-12/7/07 *Update* Day 3

Oooh I can't wait to hear about Japan! We want to eat there but after BAD Mexico, we're kind of scared to try! :laughing:

Glad to hear that Concourse was good...I didn't know that it is closing in May! :( That's sad!!

Everything looks great so far! You looked beautiful on your wedding day and it sounds like your trip was great!

BTW, your puppy is ADORABLE!!! :lovestruc Is she a Jack Russell? I am so jealous!

She is is a shih-tzu and her name is Maggie

Oooh I can't wait to hear about Japan! We want to eat there but after BAD Mexico, we're kind of scared to try! :laughing:

Glad to hear that Concourse was good...I didn't know that it is closing in May! :( That's sad!!

Don't be scared it was soooooooo...good. If I wasn't on weight watchers I would make DH take me to a restaurant we have here in town that is exactly like it. I am trying to convince DH to go back before Concourse closes in May, but it's not working too well.

I just got updated pics of Maggie and I thought you all would lke to see what she looks like.

Maggie4.jpg

Maggie3.jpg

Maggie2-1.jpg

Maggie1.jpg

I love this pic

ooooh! i just looked at your gmr pics and got super jealous! i miss wdw already!

i ate in japan too and it was AMAZING.

Mmmmm...Mama Lacona's...I haven't eaten there in YEARS!! I used to live in DSM when I was younger! We moved at the end of my sophomore year at Lincoln though (1989). I was always so sad that I didn't get to graduate from ALHS! That's where I met my DH...he was a DSM lifer - well, until adulthood anyway!

I've stayed at the Renaissance before! That's where we stayed the last time we were in DSM. :) I was scouring your pictures to see if I knew anyone...lol. Where'd you get married? It's driving me crazy that I can't recognize it! DH was a preacher's kid growing up and he couldn't place it either.

You guys look so cute together! Congrats on your wedding!!

Mmmmm...Mama Lacona's...I haven't eaten there in YEARS!! I used to live in DSM when I was younger! We moved at the end of my sophomore year at Lincoln though (1989). I was always so sad that I didn't get to graduate from ALHS! That's where I met my DH...he was a DSM lifer - well, until adulthood anyway!

I've stayed at the Renaissance before! That's where we stayed the last time we were in DSM. :) I was scouring your pictures to see if I knew anyone...lol. Where'd you get married? It's driving me crazy that I can't recognize it! DH was a preacher's kid growing up and he couldn't place it either.

You guys look so cute together! Congrats on your wedding!!

We got married at Lutheran Church of Hope, it's a fairly new church. I love Mama Lacona's but that night I couldn't taste any food because I was really sick.

That explains why I didn't recognize anything then! :) It was killing me because I thought it looked familiar, but I wasn't sure...

Great TR!!! All the wedding pictures are beautiful!! I could've sworn I'd already commented on here, but I guess not. Must've been myspace.

You looked beautiful, and I love all the Disney touches in your wedding. And your room at Contemporary was AWESOME. jealous there. And I think I've said it before but I can't believe we didn't run into each other that week, as much as we were in and out of the CR, I think we went over there every day on the boat to ride the monorail.

Can't wait to read more!

I left off with Day 2 of honeymoon. EPCOT-our favorite

We started off the day by going to the DVC open house. All the information was so good and if we didn't have my car payment we would totally be DVC members. I can't remember the guys name that we talked to but he was really nice and wasn't pushy at all. We started out by getting picked up at the Contemporary in a DVC van at 8:30. When we walked into the open house our first thought was that the building was so nice. This is the waterfall in the lobby, you can't see it that good but it was really cool:

DisneyWorld246.jpg

Then I took some random pictures and we had muffins and juice in the lobby while we waited for our tour guide. They had this room that was in a circle and had a mural of what each park is like:

DisneyWorld248.jpg

DisneyWorld249.jpg

DisneyWorld250.jpg

DisneyWorld251.jpg

DisneyWorld252.jpg

DisneyWorld253.jpg

DisneyWorld254.jpg

Then we went and looked at villas. The tour is at Saratoga Springs but they have rooms from the AKV. The rooms are so nice and it would be nice to stay in a place with a mini kitchen and a king sized bed. The Studio has a king sized bed with a kitchenette(sp?) The one bedroom has a full kitchen, a pullout couch, a king sized bed with a door in the bedroom, and the two bedroom is the studio put together with the one bedroom. If the villas weren't so expensive we would stay there on our vacations so I will just wait until we buy DVC. After the tour we went back to the open house place and the guy took us in his office and gave us more information than we really needed to know. He gave us time to talk it over, we all ready knew we weren't going to do it, we just wanted to get information. When he came back he gave us this really cool like coffee table book with all the information in it. We also got VIP fastpasses. A VIP fastpass is a thing where you put the card into the fastpass machine and it spits out a fastpass for right then.

Then we went to the ice cream parlor, where you can get free ice cream but DH and I really wanted to get to EPCOT so we passed on the ice cream. We got our picture taken before we left:
DisneyWorld256.jpg

When we got to EPCOT we got some photopass pictures taken:
image137.jpg

image148.jpg

image151.jpg

Then when we were walking past Spaceship Earth they were doing a soft opening and it was only open for 10 minutes! We were lucky we got to ride it. They added a new scene, the cars aren't as bumpy, added a new narrator, and put screens in the cars. Overall I think the update could've been better but it was ok.
DisneyWorld257.jpg

DisneyWorld258.jpg

DisneyWorld259.jpg

DisneyWorld260.jpg

DisneyWorld261.jpg

When were done with Spaceship Earth we headed over to Soarin'. We used our VIP fastpasses and got a fastpass for right then. We both love Soarin' I think we sat in the first row but I can't really remember. After we were done with Soarin' we headed over to my favorite ride. Test Track. We rode it because the line was short and we got a fastpass for later in the day. Like I said it is my favorite ride I love the adrenilin rush when you're going 65 mph around a 50 degree turn.
image181.jpg

After Test Track we headed for World Showcase. There was a photopass person on our way over there and we got a few pictures taken with them:
image156.jpg

image168.jpg

image169.jpg

image170.jpg

image171.jpg

image172.jpg

image173.jpg

Up next...New restaurant in Japan

great update and pics. I love the pic with the border and spaceship earth behind you.

looking forward to more.

I'm still here just haven't had much time. I really am hoping this weekend.

Ok on with the show....Sorry it took me so long to get another update done.

I left off with us heading for lunch at Teppan Edo the new restaurant in Japan. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! It was so good. If it is on the 2008 Dining Plan we are for sure eating there when we go back in September(oh yea did I mention we are going for five days for free dining with my dad and his girlfriend). We didn't have ADRs and went up to the restaurant and they had immediate seating, it helps that there was only two of us.

DisneyWorld269.jpg

DisneyWorld270.jpg

DisneyWorld271.jpg

They started out by coming out and making everyone cheater chopsticks. Then they come out to take your drink and appetizer order. For my appetizer I had the assorted Tempura (Shrimp, chicken breast and seasonal vegetables with a Japanese dipping sauce) It was very good. I didn't eat the vegetables because I didn't know what kind of vegetables it was.
DisneyWorld272.jpg

DH got the shrimp cocktail. He liked it but he liked how it was presented more than he actually liked it.
DisneyWorld273.jpg

DisneyWorld274.jpg

Then we ordered what they would bring out and cook in front of us on the big grill. We both ordered the Asakusa(Sirloin steak and large shrimp with seasonal vegetables, Udon noodles, and steamed rice). Then the chef came out and started cooking away. His American name was Ken. He was very good and can handle those utensils like no other. In the middle of him cooking he made a volcano out of onions(picture below). The food was so good. I would eat that again in a heatbeat. The steak was so tender and the shrimp was so flavorful.

DisneyWorld275.jpg

DisneyWorld276.jpg

DisneyWorld277.jpg

DisneyWorld279.jpg

DisneyWorld280.jpg

DisneyWorld282.jpg

488.jpg

DisneyWorld283.jpg

I am pretty sure for dessert we both got the soft serve ice cream. It was just ice cream so not really picture worthy.

Then we took some pictures of the building and the surroundings. Very beautiful grounds.
DisneyWorld285.jpg

DisneyWorld286.jpg

Hallway leading to individual rooms that have four grills in it each.
DisneyWorld287.jpg

Kind of weird but the is the ceiling the bathroom
DisneyWorld288.jpg

DisneyWorld289.jpg

DisneyWorld290.jpg

Up next....Living with the land

We have a place like this near our house and we love it! That is a must try for a future trip!

I'm glad you posted about your experience at the Japanese Restaurant! We can't wait to try it next trip!!!

Karen, I was at Disneyland when you were there just on Monday though. I totally forgot you were going to be there. Did you have a good time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter