tlhbdm-TR-12/7/07 *Update* Day 3

tlhbdm

1354.40 miles away from the mouse
Hi everyone,

Well it's my wedding day and I am sitting here in the hotel room and we are going to leave in about an hour to go get our hair done and makeup done. I will start posting pictures tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your help.

Wow, I am so excited for you!!! Have a great time, and can't wait to see your pics!!!!

Happy Wedding Day! It's a gorgeous day here in Orlando - you're very lucky. Can't wait to see pics!

WOW

CONGRATULATIONS!! :cheer2:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY! pixiedust:

Ok so DH and I are sitting in the Kansas City airport and our flight was cancelled. So not such a good start, hopefully we can still make our reservations tonight. Someone tell me to stay call please. They re-routed us and will be going to Houston to Dallar to Orlando and we don't get to Orlando til 5 something, and we were supposed to be there at 10 something. The only thing we had planned for today was go to AK and then dinner at 7:50 at Concourse Steakhouse. They won't give our room away will they? My Husband and I are just sitting in the airport on my laptop. I will give another update when I can.:bride:

Ok so DH and I are sitting in the Kansas City airport and our flight was cancelled. So not such a good start, hopefully we can still make our reservations tonight. Someone tell me to stay call please. They re-routed us and will be going to Houston to Dallar to Orlando and we don't get to Orlando til 5 something, and we were supposed to be there at 10 something. The only thing we had planned for today was go to AK and then dinner at 7:50 at Concourse Steakhouse. They won't give our room away will they? My Husband and I are just sitting in the airport on my laptop. I will give another update when I can.:bride:

well, at least there is good food in the houston airport terminals! that's a good thing, sometimes we go early just to eat!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!

Ok, I have all of my uploading done and so yup, I am finally starting. I have about 3.5 hours to work on this so hopefully I can get a lot done.

I am going to start with our rehearsal day.

December 6, 2007-

I stayed at my grandma's house the night before because I had to shave my legs and our roomate has banned me from using his shower and the master bathroom only has a little stand-up shower, so my grandma was nice enough to let me stay over. Anyway, so I woke up at about 7:30 because I had to be at school by 8:00 to go to class and then I had to take my final after class so I was done by about 10:30. *Insert note* I don't have many pictures until the time that rehearsal starts.

So after class I went over to my mom's house because we were getting our nails done at 12:00.

At 11:00 my mom asked me take her dog outside and I did when I got outside, I kind of started to panic because the snow storm had started all ready that they were predicting was going to start around 2:00 that afternoon. At about 11:45 we went to pick up my little sister from school(she is in 8th grade). We got to nail salon they started on my pedicure and my mom's pedicure
TorisWedding006.jpg

TorisWedding007.jpg

TorisWedding008.jpg

They only have two chairs so my sister went last.) They pedicure felt sooooo...good and they made my toes look all pretty, I got a french pedicure. Then they started on my nails and I got a full set and had them do french. When I was sitting there waiting for them to finish with my mom, I called my aunt (MOH), my other aunt(GM's mom), my BM, and my other other aunt(RB and FG's mom), and my dad. All of them were running really behind because of the weather except my dad(who was in Des Moines). Our GM was south of Kansas City going 40-45 MPH, my MOH was going 30 behind a semi-truck, my FG and RB's mom was here thank god, and my BM was going about 50 and was about two hours away. Finally at about 4:00 I got two or three consecutive phone calls. My MOH was going to be here in about an hour, my BM was here(but stuck across town), and my GM was north of Kansas City still going out 45 MPH. So we get ready and go to the church. It took us 45 minutes to drive across town because of the snow and the snow plows obviously couldn't keep up with the falling snow.

My sister and I were the first ones to arrive(my mom had to go drop off the dog) then DF arrived. So the important people were there. Then my dad showed up and it was pretty awesome to see him. Eventually everyone else got there except 4 out of 5 groomsmen. 1 GM was stuck at home blocked into his driveway, 1 GM didn't want to drive in the snow, 1 GM wasn't coming until the next morning which we knew ahead of time, and the last GM was still on the road. Here are some pictures of the rehearsal

December2007010-1.jpg

December2007011-1.jpg

December2007006-1.jpg

December2007004-1.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

The lady in the background is our psycho wedding coordinator

I think that is enough pictures from the rehearsal.

After the rehearsal we went to the dinner, it was a restaurant called Mama Lacona's. It is a little Italian Restaurant that DH and I love going to, except I couldn't taste anything this time.

DH welcoming everyone:
IMG_1630.jpg

My grandma welcoming everyone:
IMG_1633.jpg

DH and I together:
IMG_1631.jpg

Our yummy cake:
IMG_1638.jpg

December2007017-1.jpg

December2007016-1.jpg

BM opening gifts:
December2007024-1.jpg

Jr. BM opening gifts:
December2007022-1.jpg

Then when dinner was all over we opened up a present from like 10 people who went in on it together cause it is a really nice and expensive knife set.
December2007027-1.jpg

December2007028-1.jpg

December2007029-1.jpg

Next post in a minute...

When dinner was over, we went back to my mom's house to get my bag for the night and get my sister's bag for the night. Then my mom took my BM and I to college we met at and where we parked and grabbed her car. We then drove to Renaissance Savery where we we had our reception. Here are some pictures of the room. It was a two bedroom suite, that all the famous people stay in that come to Des Moines, so I felt pretty special.

This was the room number:
December2007031-1.jpg

The King bed room(that BM Channing and I stayed in):
December2007032-1.jpg

This was our bathroom:
December2007034-1.jpg

This was our closet:
December2007033-1.jpg

Then you go down a hallway and go into the sitting room:
December2007035-1.jpg

December2007036-1.jpg

In the sitting room was a dining room table:
December2007039-1.jpg

Off the sitting room was a kitchenette:
December2007040-1.jpg

Then there is a lighted mirror(SP?) the mirror in this room Frank Sinatra demanded to be in the room:
December2007041-1.jpg

Then there was the full-sized bed room:
December2007042-1.jpg

Last but not least the bathroom in that room which I didn't take a picture of. This hotel room was bigger than DHs and my apartment. My mom, sister, Channing, and I stayed up until like midnight and Channing, my mom, and I all drank wine and it was just a lot of fun that night. Finally we went to bed and I acutally got a lot of sleep but woke up at like 5:00 and got on here and checked in one last time but then went back to bed for a few hours and finally woke up at 9:30.

Next up, MY WEDDING DAY!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter