Tips for Single cruiser on RCL

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about taking a break from Theme Parks in 2018 because I don't want burnout. Listening to some of the Dreams Unlimited Travel podcasts has made me consider Royal Caribbean to cruise. A I realize they don't have a Single person cabin like Norwegian. Do they have any singles focused activities or a Singles lounge where I can meet other singles?

I didn't notice any in my rhapsody cruise but there might have been.

An option if you want to meet people is to use vacationstogo hosted singles cruises

Royal Caribbean does offer studio staterooms for solo travelers on select ships.

They can be reserved by someone cruising alone without the customary single supplement fee, which doubles the cruise fare cost.

Royal Caribbean offers an inside studio stateroom, virtual balcony staterooms, as well as a super studio ocean view stateroom with balcony.

Studio staterooms range in size from 101 square feet to 199 square feet and is the perfect option for someone who wants to cruise alone.

Various studio stateroom options are available on Brilliance of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas.

Having gone on RCCL (Radiance of the Seas) as a solo, I can honestly say I never saw any "solo travelers" things - but then I can honestly say I wasn't looking for any as "making new and lifelong friends" is not one of my goals of cruising and I'm quite comfortable doing things on my own.

If you want to connect up with people, I would second @HopperFan to go over to Cruise Critic - and specifically your roll call where you can connect up with people on your sailing.

Having gone on RCCL (Radiance of the Seas) as a solo, I can honestly say I never saw any "solo travelers" things - but then I can honestly say I wasn't looking for any as "making new and lifelong friends" is not one of my goals of cruising and I'm quite comfortable doing things on my own.

If you want to connect up with people, I would second @HopperFan to go over to Cruise Critic - and specifically your roll call where you can connect up with people on your sailing.

While we have never done it because we are in itself a larger group, cousin who cruises often, usually just two of them, will often join a roll call group and then meet up. Some trips it was no more than first night, other trips it was more. On one trip her DH was sick and stayed in the cabin the cruise, so the folks she met on CC that were doing her excursions were great about keeping with her as part of their party.

While we have never done it because we are in itself a larger group, cousin who cruises often, usually just two of them, will often join a roll call group and then meet up. Some trips it was no more than first night, other trips it was more. On one trip her DH was sick and stayed in the cabin the cruise, so the folks she met on CC that were doing her excursions were great about keeping with her as part of their party.

Yeah, I went to the meet-up on my Med cruise, and chatted with some of the people at various times throughout the cruise, but I loved not being tied down to any kind of schedule of group events. :)

We were on Oasis of the Seas back in April and saw several singles mingles on the cruise compasses. I think there was one every other day or so. Didn't notice whether there was anything else specific to singles, but it would be very easy to stay occupied as a solo traveler on the Oasis - so many things to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!