TIPPING ??????'s

poohraedopey

Mouseketeer
We very rarely do hotel travelling so i have no idea where to TIP and how much to tip and when to tip.

On our last hotel stay at a hojos LOW GRADE hotel I tipped the houskeeping staff a few dollars a day. Do you normally tip dialy? and how much? We are staying offsite at the COurtyard DOwntown DIsney. Also for bellhops if we use them how much? I believe our hotel doesnt offer valet so thats no problem.

As far as dining goers we generally tip 18-20% when we are out but I have seen most of the Disney restaurants sit downs have gratuity factored in how much do they factor and can you tip your server extra? And if you do does it go into a pot that they split at the end of the day?

Any other tipping situations I have missed? I'd hate to not realize you should tip in certain situations and be considered rude!

Here's what we do:

Housekeeping: I usually tip $1.00 per person (usually three of us) per day. I leave the tip daily since you may have different staff persons on different days.

Bell services: I believe $1 per bag is customary. Normally, we don't need such service.

Disney dining: I have not seen that a gratuity is factored in. Maybe that is for larger groups? Either that or I've been over-tipping. Those people work hard and we've always had excellent experiences at Disney restaurants.

Other things: The only extra thing that I end up with is another tip for housekeeping upon my arrival. We usually need to ask for a hairdryer, bed rail, and extra towels. The housekeeping staff brings them right away and I always tip a buck or two.

Have a great trip!

However, the Rainforest Café, located on Disney property (AK), does include the tip, added to your total, and the bill can be confusing if you aren't familiar with such practice.

It was my understanding that the flex meals included with package options already include the tip.

CSR Pepper Market addes 10% grat to your bill.

RFC adds 15%!

The first time I saw it I was not sure about whether it was rude not to leave any more money (since the 15% was already added) or that was the tip imposed on us.
I think it is outrageous when they do that, regardless of how you judge the service.

Wanda

We go to RFC a lot. There is one in Toronto that we go to with small groups, so we don't pay 15% extra, but we tend to go to Niagara Falls RFC with lots of people. Jan 5th we were there with 12 people and they told us 15% would be added. At least they told me when I made ressies! S

They tried to charge us the 15% last time. It was just the four of us and our waiter was terrible. Breakfast was good though.

I am a waitress part time in my family owned business and we do not add tip ever!!!! Even when there are 40 people!! Sometimes I don't get the full 15% but most of the time I get much more. When the tip is added in alot of waiters lose their incentive to give good service. Of course you always have the option of giving more when the service is exceptional. Although I do not abdicate not leaving a tip if the restaurant is understaffed, or the food is lousy, this is not the fault of the waiter. However, if he/she is at the next table talking or you don't see him for a long time(taking a break) by all means take it out in the tip. But let them know why you aren't tipping them(i wanted a refill and you never came back etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter