Tipping Question again - how much do you tip the maids?

What would you tip for a 2-br Unit

• None

• Under $3

• Between $3 and $6

• Over $6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, housekeeping staff tends to be a low paying position, and they are working hard so I can relax and have a good time. The few dollars we leave is a $1/hour raise for the day for them. It is a small, but to my mind, necessary thanks for helping to make our stays so wonderful.

I completely agree with this. Housekeeping may not be a 'tipped' position but they work hard for low pay and I feel better tipping.

I usually leave $10 at the end of a long stay. I do this in hopes the family checking in later that day gets a really, really clean room that was serviced by a happier housekeeper. Naive maybe, but it certainly can't hurt.

Agreed! We do the same thing, my husband likes to "pay it forward". If we all did this, maybe there would be less compliants about the rooms not being as clean as expected?? Just a thought.:confused3

Are people aware this is a 4 year old thread? My opinion hasn't changed since my post on this thread in May 2004. :)

It's funny, but I will tip better if the the housekeeping staff is friendly when I encounter them in the halls during my stay. I know that this has no effect on how well they clean my unit, but I like to think that the people I'm tipping are happy that I am there. Conversely, if I am ignored a seed is planted in my head that I am just a such-and-such creating more work for them, and I end up tipping less.

For the record, I voted for more than $6.

Since this thread is 4 years old and I know we have had more recent discussions on the topic, I am closing this thread. We all know how much the price of gasoline has gone up over the past 4 years, lol. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter