Tipping Assistance, please

Texas_Buckeye

Earning My Ears
First, I AM NOT OPPOSED TO TIPPING!!

With that said, I’m somewhat lost when it comes to tipping on a Royal Cruise.
We are looking to leave Galveston in January of 2023 (hopefully, things will be more normal at that time).
We currently have two rooms booked. A Two-bedroom Grand Suite and a One-bedroom Aqua Suite.
I have sailed another cruise line and that board has been extremely helpful in regards to tipping, especially Concierge.
Are tips automatically charged to your rooms ( like the other cruise line)? Not sure if these rooms are considered Concierge, IF so, do they include the host/hostess in the tip? IF not, what would be acceptable?
I am completely confused as to what’s included on these cruises and DO NOT want to leave anyone out (they’ve missed so much already).
Is anyone able to share any information?
Thank you, in advance.

First, I AM NOT OPPOSED TO TIPPING!!

With that said, I’m somewhat lost when it comes to tipping on a Royal Cruise.
We are looking to leave Galveston in January of 2023 (hopefully, things will be more normal at that time).
We currently have two rooms booked. A Two-bedroom Grand Suite and a One-bedroom Aqua Suite.
I have sailed another cruise line and that board has been extremely helpful in regards to tipping, especially Concierge.
Are tips automatically charged to your rooms ( like the other cruise line)? Not sure if these rooms are considered Concierge, IF so, do they include the host/hostess in the tip? IF not, what would be acceptable?
I am completely confused as to what’s included on these cruises and DO NOT want to leave anyone out (they’ve missed so much already).
Is anyone able to share any information?
Thank you, in advance.

Good Morning Buckeye,

Tips are automatically charged to your room and they are considered suites, so the gratuity is higher than a normal room ($17.50/pp per day), and that does include the Concierge. We do tip individuals that offer additional "over and above" service separately in addition to the daily gratuity, but that is at your discretion. What we do, is pre-pay the daily gratuity when we make our final payment, that way it is done and I don't have to think about it. Then, as we go through the cruise we tip here and there for bar drinks and such (usually only $1 because gratuity is already built into the price.), then at the end, we take tip envelopes (you can get them at guest services) and tip the people that have provided additional excellent service ie our room steward, our MDR waitstaff (if we have had the same throughout) our favorite bartender, etc. That part is totally at your discretion.

Also - The Aqua Suite is on my bucket list! It looks so fun, I hope you have a blast!

Noobe question. I imagine the prepaid tips are shared equally among staff. If you then tip extra like for a drink, are those shared?

Thank you so very much for the information! As I stated, sailing this line is extremely new to me. I just don’t want to exclude anyone.

If you then tip extra like for a drink, are those shared?
yes, all tips are shared. If you want to give something specifically to a server, leave cash for them. Even then, they are supposed to share the tip, but its really up to them to report $$$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter