Timing of MK fireworks and electrical water pageant

princesslover

DIS Veteran
I’m taking my Mom for the first time in December. We have two days in Magic Kingdom but one day is MVMCP. The 2nd day is a regular park day. We are staying at the Grand Floridian those two days. (We have a split stay with boardwalk)

We won’t have time to see the water parade on MVMCP day since we’ll obviously be at the party. I’m wondering if there is a way for us to see it from the GF when it passes through and still jump on the monorail to see Enchantment. Is this feasible time wise? Alternatively, we could watch the fireworks and then go to the contemporary to see the water parade since I think it passes by there last.

Any thoughts on either plan? It’s her first Disney trip and I’d love to see both. Thanks!

I’m taking my Mom for the first time in December. We have two days in Magic Kingdom but one day is MVMCP. The 2nd day is a regular park day. We are staying at the Grand Floridian those two days. (We have a split stay with boardwalk)

We won’t have time to see the water parade on MVMCP day since we’ll obviously be at the party. I’m wondering if there is a way for us to see it from the GF when it passes through and still jump on the monorail to see Enchantment. Is this feasible time wise? Alternatively, we could watch the fireworks and then go to the contemporary to see the water parade since I think it passes by there last.

Any thoughts on either plan? It’s her first Disney trip and I’d love to see both. Thanks!
Sounds like you are on a time crunch like us. Also only 2 days in Florida just me and my adult daughter to enjoy the Christmas decor but not that they are doing the Christmas Party also wanting to go to that but not sure if enough time. Also wanting to go to Disney Springs. I am trying to get an itinerary around.

This is the schedule I have in my notes:

Polynesian Resort — 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian — 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge — 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness — 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort — 10:05 p.m.

When the Magic Kingdom Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m., the Electrical Water Pageant runs about 7-20 minutes later.

This is the schedule I have in my notes:

Polynesian Resort — 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian — 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge — 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness — 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort — 10:05 p.m.

When the Magic Kingdom Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m., the Electrical Water Pageant runs about 7-20 minutes later.
I guess what I’m wondering is - theoretically, could we watch the fireworks (which should start at 9:00) and leave the park, walk to Contemporary and see the water parade from the beach? Or take the monorail (I will have my Mom with me).

Seems like with the fireworks ending by 9:15 we should be able to be there by 10:05. Especially if we position ourselves on Main Street.

It depends on how fast you walk, but it takes us about 10 minutes to walk from the MK turnstiles to the Contemporary bus stop area. I think you should have enough time.

You're welcome! We're trying to figure out when to fit it into our August itinerary lol. We do have a free evening. I think we'll eat at one of the resort quick service places and watch afterwards, but then I hate to make plans on our "free" evening lol. :rolleyes:

You're welcome! We're trying to figure out when to fit it into our August itinerary lol. We do have a free evening. I think we'll eat at one of the resort quick service places and watch afterwards, but then I hate to make plans on our "free" evening lol. :rolleyes:
I hear you. We reserved two “free evenings” this past trip to see it (June 19-29). One was our break day. The next day an Animal Kingdom day because they close early anyway. We were staying at Wilderness Lodge (Copper Creek villas). Both nights we waited for the parade to go by but it never showed. Apparently they canceled both nights due to the threat of thunderstorms. So we just sat there with everyone else until we figured it wasn’t happening. I was so bummed. And the rest of our vacation it didn’t work out with timing and park visits.

I’m hoping in December the threat of thunderstorms will not be a factor. 😬

I guess what I’m wondering is - theoretically, could we watch the fireworks (which should start at 9:00) and leave the park, walk to Contemporary and see the water parade from the beach? Or take the monorail (I will have my Mom with me).

Seems like with the fireworks ending by 9:15 we should be able to be there by 10:05. Especially if we position ourselves on Main Street.
Yes, but you need to take the Contemporary Resort walkway (less than 10 minutes) from MK to CR. DO NOT try using the monorail, it will be too crowded after the FWs, same with buses. I'm not even positive there is aus from MK to CR. Even Uber would take much longer than walking the exit path.
From the Magic Kingdom, it's about a 10 minute walk to the Contemporary. There is a walking path you can follow (ask any cast member if you can't find it but if you are exiting Magic Kingdom - it starts by the farthest exit on the left).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter