time to sell ??? because of all these wdw deletions

Bump that, you can do way better for your entertainment dollar.

Eh I personally don't believe so if you are going for 8-10 days to the park.

I paid $62/day for my trip last week.

As for the rooms again depends on where you otherwise would go or stay. Pricing can vary all over the place.

Tickets to most sporting events I would go to is going to be more even with season tickets. Even doing museums and such is going to add up fairly quickly.

Eh I personally don't believe so if you are going for 8-10 days to the park.

I paid $62/day for my trip last week.

As for the rooms again depends on where you otherwise would go or stay. Pricing can vary all over the place.

Tickets to most sporting events I would go to is going to be more even with season tickets. Even doing museums and such is going to add up fairly quickly.
I can't speak for U.S. theme park prices, but Disney admission is exponentialyl higher priced than our theme parks here in Canada.

"Canada's Wonderland," which is similar to a really great 6 flags, has pre-season tickets on sale right now for $39.99. (Canadian dollars - you'd get it cheaper with the exchange). A few of my kids actually like Canada's Wonderland better than Magic Kingdom - it has dozens more thrill rides and much shorter line waits.

"African Lion Safari" in our area is about $30.00 for a daily admission. It has an amazing safari ride, several great shows, rides, etc. The closest we would have to Animal Kingdom.

At your quoted $62 per day for Disney, with the exchange rate we are paying close to $80 in Canadian dollars. Over double the price of our local theme parks. And we'd have to pay for 8 days. At $640, we could buy SEVERAL seasons passes to our local parks and spend way more than 8 days there.

It's over-priced. If Disney doesn't bring back it's shows, fp, new rides, etc. very soon . . . We will definitely be spending more time at the aforementioned parks than at Disney. The value is not there.

Last edited:
really great 6 flags

Ya you are not winning me over I live within an hour of Six Flags and very little interest. I also live by one of the largest water park areas in the world and a park which was deemed the largest water park in the world in the past. Its great for a weekend get away but its not a longer term vacation location.

"African Lion Safari" in our area is about $30.00 for a daily admission.

If I am seeing the correct one it looks like the Safari ride at AK. Its interesting and would be nice to go to but its not a full vacation just to visit.

It's over-priced. If Disney doesn't bring back it's shows, fp, new rides, etc. very soon . . . We will definitely be spending more time at the aforementioned parks than at Disney. The value is not there.

To you the value is not there but you seemed to list options that are cheaper but also have less to them. Part of the benefit regarding WDW is the variety of parks, themes, and restaurants. We can always find something cheaper but you seem to discount the theming, variety, and one stop location that is WDW.

In the end on the other side if more people stop going to WDW that is a positive for me. Either I get less busy parks or they look to deliver more in the park experience.

it has dozens more thrill rides and much shorter line waits.

Part of the reason why people choose Universal over WDW as well.

Part of the benefit regarding WDW is the variety of parks, themes, and restaurants. We can always find something cheaper but you seem to discount the theming, variety, and one stop location that is WDW.

In the end on the other side if more people stop going to WDW that is a positive for me. Either I get less busy parks or they look to deliver more in the park experience.

I think you’re missing the point. If money is no object for you, that’s fantastic. For most of us however, throwing the same amount of money away while Disney takes away all the fun out of going to Disney is the issue. So enjoy the empty park! At the rate Disney is going with price increases and cutbacks you may be there all by yourself eventually! ;)

I think you’re missing the point. If money is no object for you, that’s fantastic. For most of us however, throwing the same amount of money away while Disney takes away all the fun out of going to Disney is the issue. So enjoy the empty park! At the rate Disney is going with price increases and cutbacks you may be there all by yourself eventually! ;)

Not really missing the point. People want to call out a comparison between a local safari park (that is like a singular ride) and a really nice Six Flags. They are not really comparable to WDW in my opinion. People also wanted to compare before the regional parks like Silver Dollar City to Disney which again is not the same again in my opinion.

Its fine if you want to go for less costly entertainment options though. I mean you could get in to video games and really tank the entertainment expense budget. For roughly about $200-$300 you could get an Xbox One with a decades worth of entertainment might be able to get by for less even if you find one on craigslist.

I can make WDW way more expensive or less expensive. Just like I can make any trip way more or less expensive. When I just go about planning a normal vacation though I don't see myself saving a bunch of money going elsewhere. If that math were to change drastically then I might second think it.

Last edited:
I think your right that DVC and Disney is expensive. I hope they always keep options for visiting Disney open to different income levels. Many people are upset about some of the changes they make. For me, when I get grumpy about Disney (or replace with anything - my kids, my job, etc), I look at some of the positives as well. Many people, like me, are personally invested in Disney - emotionally, DVC ownership, $. So changes at Disney can be a big deal. I think there are many bright spots for Disney along with some of the negative changes that people don't like . For me, those bright spots still outweigh to the point where I still see value for my resource ($, time and emotions). New resort to stay at, New resort coming in CA, Ratatouilles ride, Galaxy edge, ROTR, actually having something available that is safe and fun during the pandemic.

I think your right that DVC and Disney is expensive. I hope they always keep options for visiting Disney open to different income levels. Many people are upset about some of the changes they make. For me, when I get grumpy about Disney (or replace with anything - my kids, my job, etc), I look at some of the positives as well. Many people, like me, are personally invested in Disney - emotionally, DVC ownership, $. So changes at Disney can be a big deal. I think there are many bright spots for Disney along with some of the negative changes that people don't like . For me, those bright spots still outweigh to the point where I still see value for my resource ($, time and emotions). New resort to stay at, New resort coming in CA, Ratatouilles ride, Galaxy edge, ROTR, actually having something available that is safe and fun during the pandemic.
I guess that’s why I sold my DVC. Not fun anymore. Not emotionally invested anymore. Not a value anymore. I just don’t NEED to go there anymore like my family and I once did. it wasn’t a hard decision either. For me, Disney sucks now.

Not really missing the point. People want to call out a comparison between a local safari park (that is like a singular ride) and a really nice Six Flags. They are not really comparable to WDW in my opinion. People also wanted to compare before the regional parks like Silver Dollar City to Disney which again is not the same again in my opinion.

Its fine if you want to go for less costly entertainment options though. I mean you could get in to video games and really tank the entertainment expense budget. For roughly about $200-$300 you could get an Xbox One with a decades worth of entertainment might be able to get by for less even if you find one on craigslist.

I can make WDW way more expensive or less expensive. Just like I can make any trip way more or less expensive. When I just go about planning a normal vacation though I don't see myself saving a bunch of money going elsewhere. If that math were to change drastically then I might second think it.
Totally agree. It’s a “you get what you pay for” thing. I live less than an hour from Six Flags in upstate NY. We used to get season passes for like $40 a person. And then we would only go twice for the entire season, because Six Flags isn’t that great. It’s ok for a day, but I certainly would not vacation there for more multiple days. Eventually it isn’t even worth the hour drive to get there, which is why we only went twice per season when we had season passes. Heck, the only reason we would go the 2nd time is to justify buying the season pass (going the 2nd time made the pass a value compared to paying for two regular priced entries).
The thought is similar to different cars. An Audi or Mercedes has many more features and is a much better driving experience than a Toyota or Hyundai. That’s why the high end cars are more expensive. Yes, all of them are cars and will get you from point A to point B. And you can say “why pay the money for an Audi when I can get to where I need to go in a Hyundai”. But those that want the better driving experience are willing to pay for the higher end car. Very similar to WDW versus “inferior” parks. You can save money by going to Six Flags or a local amusement park, but the overall experience at those parks aren’t even in the same galaxy as the WDW experience. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
I guess that’s why I sold my DVC. Not fun anymore. Not emotionally invested anymore. Not a value anymore. I just don’t NEED to go there anymore like my family and I once did. it wasn’t a hard decision either. For me, Disney sucks now.
There are great vacations awaiting you in other places then 😁Hopefully when you sold, you recouped some of the $. DVC has historically been a great timeshare, compared to others, when you decide you are not going to utilize anymore. It is what made me more comfortable buying DVC. Of course history is no guarantee for the future.

Ya you are not winning me over I live within an hour of Six Flags and very little interest. I also live by one of the largest water park areas in the world and a park which was deemed the largest water park in the world in the past. Its great for a weekend get away but its not a longer term vacation location.

If I am seeing the correct one it looks like the Safari ride at AK. Its interesting and would be nice to go to but its not a full vacation just to visit.

To you the value is not there but you seemed to list options that are cheaper but also have less to them. Part of the benefit regarding WDW is the variety of parks, themes, and restaurants. We can always find something cheaper but you seem to discount the theming, variety, and one stop location that is WDW.

I was responding to a post where you were comparing Disney to local attractions like sporting events and museums and saying that Disney was the same price.

I was showing you that my local attractions are not that same price. They are half. My argument was not that they're the same as Disney, but a price comparison.

I was responding to a post where you were comparing Disney to local attractions like sporting events and museums and saying that Disney was the same price.

I was showing you that my local attractions are not that same price. They are half. My argument was not that they're the same as Disney, but a price comparison.

Well I stated sporting events. The average single game ticket in the NFL is $151 as an example and season tickets to our MLB team we pay $60/ticket with face value being $75-$110/ticket. When I go to a college basketball game its normally close to the court in the Tournament and its about $100-$150/ticket. Even if I go to a Nascar I think its roughly $150 if I remember right (its been a couple years).

Also my post that you responded to was about value. I just added sporting events as an example of something I do recurring that I compare Disney against. There is always going to be cheaper options (ie Video Games which was a large part of my paid entertainment through college).

Also Six Flag near me is $60 for a day ticket and that's without all the extras like their speed pass and what not that was another like $60-$100 or something like that last time I checked. We have other options that are going to be less expensive (I live in a tourist area) but like the options you outlined they don't have as much to make up a full week vacation like WDW has.

I am just saying for $65/day its a pretty good value when you consider all the positives of a more inclusive vacation with lots of variety. Its the same concept of why people are upset about MDE being removed because it does remove some of the "packaged" aspect of WDW.

Prior to last year, I was going to buy CCV points to add to our other 4 resort contracts. Now, I'm selling. We are in the process of purchasing another home and would much rather have a couple of new bathrooms than points at BLT. Priorities change and three nights a year in a Cabin was fun to consider as an annual event, but I'd rather have my new bathrooms, in the long run. DisneyWorld has drastically changed from our first DVC purchase in 1992 w free passes, golf perks, and other great benefits that have long since disappeared.

Yes things change and bathrooms are nice to have LOL and congrats on the new home but you got to admit it was fun having DVC good luck

I keep seeing it mentioned that people should not have bought DVC for the perks, but just for a "place to stay."

I find this strange logic. If you just want a place to stay, there are much nicer accommodations for half the price right off Disney property. Some are even closer to the parks than most DVC properties.

Literally the only reason I can see buying DVC would be for the onsite perks: ME, EMH, early FP booking window, onsite transportation, annual pass discount, etc. etc. If the OP wants to sell because the perks are gone, I think that makes perfect sense. Save that money from your dues and stay somewhere else...

We wanted to be onsite. We don't like renting a car (we are fine with the cancellation of ME, it didn't exist when we bought, and are happy to take an Uber), and we want to be able to get from hotel to park using Disney transportation. The second factor in our decision to buy was wanting to have the kids is a different bedroom - that's really only "affordable" at Disney (when we bought) via DVC or the Ft. Wilderness cabins. The only onsite perk we are dependent on is transportation. But I agree, DVC ONLY makes sense if you need to be onsite. But you still shouldn't buy for perks, because they come and go. (If DVC ever stops running transportation between parks and hotels, we are out.)

When we bought, there was no dining plan, no EMH (they'd been cancelled as a result of 9/11, I think back then it was called Early Entry), no magical express, no discount on annual passes. But we got discounts on Park Hoppers and valet parking (for the car we didn't have), and neither perks still exists.

(The best onsite perk ever was delivery of park purchases straight to your room).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter