time to sell ??? because of all these wdw deletions

Effective Jan. 1, 2022
So no more DME, a train line possibly coming in 2022/2023 but only from airport to DS, no more Magic Hours and only 30mins early access in the morning, no more APs, resale restrictions on new resorts....seriously starting to reconsider this.

So no more DME, a train line possibly coming in 2022/2023 but only from airport to DS, no more Magic Hours and only 30mins early access in the morning, no more APs, resale restrictions on new resorts....seriously starting to reconsider this.
DisneyLAND is re-imagining their AP program. They canceled all current APs and will issue refunds. Disney has wanted to do this for several years now and COVID is the perfect excuse.

DisneyWORLD has suspended the sale of new APs but is still allowing current AP holders to renew and has offered guests with a Premier Passport (both WDW and DL) a chance to convert to a WDW AP.

I don't think that the WDW AP is going anywhere.

DisneyWORLD has suspended the sale of new APs but is still allowing current AP holders to renew and has offered guests with a Premier Passport (both WDW and DL) a chance to convert to a WDW AP.

I don't think that the WDW AP is going anywhere.
Agree! WDW is even still selling new APs to certain guests. My DH and I just purchased new GOLD passes ( because we cancelled ours last summer ).

If you have more than 1 contract I would sell some of them. If you only have one contract I would probably hold onto it until 2042 you never know what life brings and you may regret selling it in 5 years.

Last edited:

Agree! WDW is even still selling new APs to certain guests. My DH and I just purchased new GOLD passes ( because we cancelled ours last summer ).
Am I correct in assuming that you bought your AP as a member of DVC as opposed to general public or Florida resident

I understand anyone who feels those onsite perks are crucial to going to WDW as and staying onsite which is what DVC allows you to do, may want to think about pros and cons of keeping

Those things when we were initial visitors as a family..though DME didn’t exist..were things we enjoyed. However, fast forward to today and a much more relaxed trip to WDW, it’s less important to have those perks so no question for us to keep..and probably add on more direct points in a year or two.

Good luck in deciding!

I don't see us selling any of our points in the foreseeable future; we might use them differently (bigger rooms, long stays but less frequent trips, etc.). It opens opportunity to take the family places beyond Disney that I should've been doing all along, like national parks and Washington D.C. Disney had us in the palm of their hands, but now they've set us free!

okw oct. member since 01/96, so glad now that i did not extend. should i sell ? if i do what company should i use to sell it.

Removed brokers since links not provided.
I'd recommend waiting until after the COVID restrictions are gone so that you can see what comes back and what doesn't. It's also possible that new incentives to stay onsite will be put in place. I think selling right now is a bit premature unless you need to get the money out of the contract. With all that said, it seems to be a seller's market right now on the resale side. That may change if a lot of people decide to sell based on these changes.

Am I correct in assuming that you bought your AP as a member of DVC as opposed to general public or Florida resident
Yes, that's correct. Anyone who requested a refund of an AP due to the closures can call the AP VIP pass holder line to purchase a new AP. You don't have to be FL resident or DVC member unless you want a pass restricted to those groups. The CM verifies your eligibility and submits your info to another group. Then you get a call back in a few days to make the actual purchase.

Yes, that's correct. Anyone who requested a refund of an AP due to the closures can call the AP VIP pass holder line to purchase a new AP. You don't have to be FL resident or DVC member unless you want a pass restricted to those groups. The CM verifies your eligibility and submits your info to another group. Then you get a call back in a few days to make the actual purchase.
Thanks,

It is unfortunate that Disney can not be as clear as your update is

I would think that the annual pass in WDW helps with making sales of DVC points, so I think/hope Disney will be smart enough to keep it around.

The Magic of DVC is we own enough points to stay in a GV for a week or a studio for 6 weeks. So, if we get to a point when we want a year off we'll bank points and go elsewhere. The next year we'll stay in a larger place or throw a family vacation hoopla or give the points to relatives - we've already done the last two options multiple times. We've already moved into the stage of resort vacations - something I would not have believed 10 years ago.

So based on the Dis Unplugged podcast and the experience there, what happens if I call to purchase it back and my expiration was say, October. Will it be a new purchase with a start date of today, or a renewal with a start date of last October? We have a tentative trip in June when we were going to buy them again, but the timing of when it's active may make it a bit more of a math gymnastics to figure out the best path.

So based on the Dis Unplugged podcast and the experience there, what happens if I call to purchase it back and my expiration was say, October. Will it be a new purchase with a start date of today, or a renewal with a start date of last October? We have a tentative trip in June when we were going to buy them again, but the timing of when it's active may make it a bit more of a math gymnastics to figure out the best path.
If you cancelled the AP and received a refund, you purchase a new AP and pay the amount for a new AP. The year of admission begins when the AP is activated, not on the purchase date. You will not be purchasing a renewal.

okw oct. member since 01/96, so glad now that i did not extend. should i sell ? if i do what company should i use to sell it.

If you still enjoy WDW, then don’t sell. If you are over WDW, then maybe it makes sense to sell. Don’t make a rash decision due to elimination of a perk or two, though. Perks come and go.

Disney hasn’t said anything but mears who is contracted for ME said they will continue do it for $40 round trip per person. They have almost a year to make an announcement about ME alternative plan though.
Interesting. So for a family of four it will be $160. I just booked a private van for my trip in April. The entire round trip cost is $140. No waiting. No crowd. No other resort stops. Mears better get a lot more competitive than $40 because that service is nowhere near worth $40 per person.

(My opinion ahead,people who are offended easily should skip to the next post)

OKW 97 (former) owner here. I just sold within the last couple of weeks. Disney magic is gone. It’s not coming back. This is evidenced by the company’s focus on the Disney+ streaming instead of the parks and CM jobs. (Can you say higher profit margin??)

What’s really upsetting, during all this COVID stuff, they didn’t cut admission prices at all even with all the cutbacks and less things to do. This was AFTER they raised prices twice in 8 months just prior to the pandemic.

Bump that, you can do way better for your entertainment dollar. Disney is pricing themselves right out of the theme park/resort entertainment market. You could buy a dependable used car for what it now costs for a family of 4 to enjoy a week at the park (and that’s WITH being a DVC member!).

It’s only going to continue the slide downhill.

Do yourself a favor, get out now while you can still get decent money back. Spend it on something worthwhile or just put it in a pile and set fire to it - at least the warmth from the heat would provide some useful purpose...

should i sell ? i
Choosing to sell or not can be a hard decision. Essentially the cancellation of certain WDW offerings puts a little wrench in some peoples plans but it certainly shouldn't be the tipping point of your choice to vacation at WDW or not. If you are one of those people who are on the fence then maybe rent out your points for a couple of years to see if you would actually miss going to WDW and using your DVC membership. If you find that you can live without it then sell if not then at least you didn't get rid of your membership and regretted it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter