time to sell ??? because of all these wdw deletions

Pricing has been bananas high for months, especially with the constant ROFR for OKW. Getting out now is not a bad idea if your family is over it.

And it's not like it would be hard to buy in with some SSR if you change your mind in a couple years.

If I were selling right now, I'd use the board sponsor, DVC Resale. They have a fantastic app and do a lot of advertising on podcasts and so on, so they have the buyers out there.
I have OKW pts, thinking of selling, are u saying that they are in hi demand? I have not been following pricing, also i saw that magical express is being cancelled, what else? Do u have a link? Thanks

I have OKW pts, thinking of selling, are u saying that they are in hi demand? I have not been following pricing, also i saw that magical express is being cancelled, what else? Do u have a link? Thanks
Check out DVCnews.com they have a lot of info on the changes going on right now. But Disney Magical Express is going away in 2022, Annual Passes are not available and might not come back at all, Fast Passes are not available and might not come back at all or might have a price, Luggage Service from MCO to the Resorts has been canceled and might now come back.

I keep seeing it mentioned that people should not have bought DVC for the perks, but just for a "place to stay."

I find this strange logic. If you just want a place to stay, there are much nicer accommodations for half the price right off Disney property. Some are even closer to the parks than most DVC properties.

Literally the only reason I can see buying DVC would be for the onsite perks: ME, EMH, early FP booking window, onsite transportation, annual pass discount, etc. etc. If the OP wants to sell because the perks are gone, I think that makes perfect sense. Save that money from your dues and stay somewhere else...

What? You apparently bought for all the wrong reasons! All you are guaranteed is a room. Nothing more and nothing less. Everything else you get is gravy and should be grateful for. (Sarcasm hat off in case you can't see through the internet)

LAX

What? You apparently bought for all the wrong reasons! All you are guaranteed is a room. Nothing more and nothing less. Everything else you get is gravy and should be grateful for. (Sarcasm hat off in case you can't see through the internet)

LAX

I bought DVC for the ability to stay onsite and visit the parks. About the only perk I really care about is the annual pass. But if enough things get removed from WDW (not DVC) , it is very possible I could have no interest in going to WDW at all and wouldn't need to own DVC.

Am I the only one that doesn't think the revised Disney stuff is a big deal? No Magical express kinda sucks but its not a deal breaker.

Look I’m with you. I bought DVC to stay at amazing resorts at a fraction of the cash price. I’m genuinely pissed that things are disappearing and have vented about it on here. But most don’t directly effect me so I’m ok with it.......for now.

If I didn’t already own, I be more hesitant to jump in, but I’d still entertain the thought. I will just be spending less time giving money to Disney in the parks and more time watching animals roam around the savanna from my balcony at AKV. Or enjoy the breathtaking resort from my newly acquired CCV contract.

Look I’m with you. I bought DVC to stay at amazing resorts at a fraction of the cash price. I’m genuinely pissed that things are disappearing and have vented about it on here. But most don’t directly effect me so I’m ok with it.......for now.

If I didn’t already own, I be more hesitant to jump in, but I’d still entertain the thought. I will just be spending less time giving money to Disney in the parks and more time watching animals roam around the savanna from my balcony at AKV. Or enjoy the breathtaking resort from my newly acquired CCV contract.
This is where I'm at with my thinking. Most of my points were acquired quite a while ago and all for much less than the current resale asking prices. When I compare what I paid for those points to what it costs for a night in a room at Disney, the difference is eye-popping. It's why I keep them. I would not recommend buying into DVC to anyone right now. I don't think the value is there when it comes to the cost.

But keeping my points and forking even more money over to Disney aren't synonymous. We'll go into the parks less (I have a folder full of unused tickets). We'll eat in the villa more. And we'll just enjoy "being in Florida" instead of "being in Disney".

I do not know. Maybe i should try renting pts out for a while and see what is to come. I just do not see the perks getting better. Look at the old dining plan you got an app. entree dessert drink and tips was included leccellar was 1 now its 2 then we lost an app or dessert tip was not included cost for plan increased. annual pass discount was ok / great for renewals now look at the cost if they keep them. price and avail. for a day park use, no fast passes at one time dvc had 4 day 4 park tickets $160.00 was not that long ago extra magic hrs moon light madness less or no fireworks { at the price we paid for nearly a lifetime commitment to go and give disney our money vacation time off and word of mouth advertising LOOK WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO US

Given that this is a 2042 contract it is likely at or near it maximum price it is a good time to sell. With that said you might want to give it a year or 2 to see what happens with all the perks, especially since I assume you have a blue card

I do not know. Maybe i should try renting pts out for a while and see what is to come. I just do not see the perks getting better. Look at the old dining plan you got an app. entree dessert drink and tips was included leccellar was 1 now its 2 then we lost an app or dessert tip was not included cost for plan increased. annual pass discount was ok / great for renewals now look at the cost if they keep them. price and avail. for a day park use, no fast passes at one time dvc had 4 day 4 park tickets $160.00 was not that long ago extra magic hrs moon light madness less or no fireworks { at the price we paid for nearly a lifetime commitment to go and give disney our money vacation time off and word of mouth advertising LOOK WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO US
Things go up in price. It happens with everything.

This is where I'm at with my thinking. Most of my points were acquired quite a while ago and all for much less than the current resale asking prices. When I compare what I paid for those points to what it costs for a night in a room at Disney, the difference is eye-popping. It's why I keep them. I would not recommend buying into DVC to anyone right now. I don't think the value is there when it comes to the cost.

But keeping my points and forking even more money over to Disney aren't synonymous. We'll go into the parks less (I have a folder full of unused tickets). We'll eat in the villa more. And we'll just enjoy "being in Florida" instead of "being in Disney".
I disagree I bought animal kingdom months ago and paid 95 dollars per point for 185 its a great savings compared to full or discounted price. I've been going to disney almost every year with my family and the cheapest I've gotten even with the free disney dining was 7000 and I did the math im less the 5000 including meals to me any saving is better in my pocket then there's.

I dislike losing the Magical Express, the Resort Airline Check-in, and the related luggage service. I also dislike the scaling back of the Extra Magic Hours. I have very mixed feelings on the loss of Fast Passes - the standby lines move so much faster without them. I also miss the live entertainment and shows. I also miss the ability to purchase annual passes.

For some things, it's hard to tell at this point if they're Covid-related safety and cost savings changes, or actually permanent. I think some things that have been advertised as permanent losses will be reinstated, although in a different format.

I am reminding myself that Disney World is not the only game in town. They are competing with Universal, Sea World, and other things to do in the greater central Florida area. With the pandemic, they're in a tough spot, but I think that the competition will push them to provide services and guest satisfaction that keeps them marketable once the pandemic passes and the outlook is brighter in the industry.

So is the resort airline checkin (and luggage checkin) gone for good?

I believe that is what has been announced. It did not resume once WDW opened back up from the extended closure.

I heard something about the company that does the luggage transfers went out of business. I suppose it's possible that post-pandemic, a new company could form to provide the same service as the prior one, and they reinstate the Resort Airline Check-in and luggage service.

Disney hasn’t said anything but mears who is contracted for ME said they will continue do it for $40 round trip per person. They have almost a year to make an announcement about ME alternative plan though.
I would like to read the source of that. $40 round trip sure doesn't sound believable, since it used to be more than that 15 years ago before ME. Where did Mears say that?

I would like to read the source of that. $40 round trip sure doesn't sound believable, since it used to be more than that 15 years ago before ME. Where did Mears say that?
This was discussed in the giant coronavirus rumors thread. I don’t use ME as I always drive so I don’t have any experience with DME. I feel bad for all those who will now have that added expense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter