Time to book a future DCL cruise given current policies?

Roughians_satchel

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if it's time to think about booking a future cruise again given the current changes in OTHER cruise line policies, even though DCL has yet to make changes. Would it be safe to look to say May of 2023, hoping DCL will have changed their policies to be more accommodating? It was so heartbreaking having our cruise repeatedly cancelled, and then cancelling this summer since our children don't qualify to sail and there are no exceptions. I don't want to be disappointed again. Is it just "wishful" thinking they will fall in line with the others?

I'm wondering if it's time to think about booking a future cruise again given the current changes in OTHER cruise line policies, even though DCL has yet to make changes. Would it be safe to look to say May of 2023, hoping DCL will have changed their policies to be more accommodating? It was so heartbreaking having our cruise repeatedly cancelled, and then cancelling this summer since our children don't qualify to sail and there are no exceptions. I don't want to be disappointed again. Is it just "wishful" thinking they will fall in line with the others?
Only DCL knows what they will do in regards to future Covid protocols. I don't think any of us can guess. Sometimes Disney follows the lead of others, and sometimes they don't. Disney has a lot more children onboard than any other cruise line, so they might have a different perspective from other lines. I wouldn't count on any changes happening, but it's certainly possible.

I don't think the vax policy will change anytime soon. Testing will likely go long before the vax policy changes. In your case, I wouldn't book anything for DCL at this point, especially when you've already gone through so much heartbreak of cancelling cruises. If the policy does change, you can book a cruise on short notice, while you may pay more, you won't have all the anxiety leading up to the cruise--and that is worth a lot more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter