• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tie Dye Instructions for Spiral Mickey Shirt

Just want to make sure I don't lose this thread. BTW, Michaels has Jerzee t-shirts on sale this week. Two for five dollars I believe.

Just bumping because I thought the step by step instructions were A*W*E*S*O*M*E!

Also, love, love, LOVE the rhinestone outline on the Mickey head AND the fantabulos tip about using bleach to go back around the Mickey head!

Thanks so much for sharing - if I can figure out how to post pics, I'll share mine once we do them!

Just making sure I will be able to find this thread! i'll need it over Spring Break when my kids and I make our shirts! Good grief--thanks to all you creative folks, I've got more shirt ideas than we will have days to wear them!!:rotfl2:

This is a followup to an earlier post of mine-- I promised to put up pics, so here are a few. If you have any questions, please PM me, since I don't check this board often! Good luck with your projects-- if I can do it, anyone can, thanks to all the good tips here on the DIS
23470Summer2006thru_Disney_2007_018-med.jpg

OK, so here's what it looks like when you're applying the dye--notice how soaked the thing is!

23470tie_dye_shirts-thumb.jpg

Try as I may, I cannot make this pic bigger, but you get the idea. I was really happy with the way they turned out!

Twingle, thanks so much!! :hug: and a special thanks to MNRMommy for giving us such great instructions!! :flower3:

Okay, I did three shirts Tuesday/Wednesday, and I didn't do something right! My Mickey heads turned out GREAT (yay me!), but the shirts are mainly white, with just some dye here and there.

Maybe I didn't use enough dye? Or not poke the little nozzle top deep enough into the folds of fabric?

Any ideas, any one? Really appreciate the help!

Also, jordancej, where did you get your crystals? Thanks!

Twingle, you need to really soak the shirts with dye. Check out Roadtripper's picture, and at the bottom of the picture, see how drippy and soaked it is? Also did you let them set long enough? That was my problem, i was so darn excited to see how my design turned out!

I got the crystals at Hobby Lobby, (its a craft store here in Texas) or if you have a Michael's, i'm sure they sell them there to or possibly any type of sewing store may have them. If you get them at Hobby Lobby, ck there website every week, because they usually put a 40% off any regular price item. But if you want alot of crystals have some friends go with you, cause you can only use on coupon per item per transaction. Just a thought!

Can anyone tell me where they got the outline for the head? I'll probably have to enlarge one. All of them are GREAT! We're going to try to do some this weekend. DH and I are taking our granddaughter 7 in May and seems like we'll all be sporting tie-dye shirts!!! :cool1:

For the Mickey head I used a cereal bowl and a coffee mug! :) Don't know how much that helps you.

jordancej - thanks for the tips! I'll see what I can find the next time I'm at the store.

I enlarged my lime green HD paint chip and printed it out . I have mine soaking now adn keeping my fingers crossed can't wait to see how they turned out, even DH jumped into the activity and said WOW this is more fun than I thought!!!

Well heres my attempt...

I tried usig black dye and was not happy with the results so I watered down black fabric paint and then outlined them with the bleach pen... I think they came out O.K. I need a couple more so I think I will try again this weekend!:cool1: :banana: :hippie:

I just wanted to relay what happened to my DH and I while wearing our tye dye shirts this past December. We received lots and lots of complements. A lot of them from Cast members. But the highlight was when we were watching the Very Merry Christmas Parade. We were wearing the tye dye shirts that I made in red and green colors. When Mrs. Santa Claus came by she motioned to us and mouthed that she liked our shirts. Then When Santa Claus came by he was talking on his microphone and started telling my husband that he loved his shirt. It looked like someone put it on a spinning wheel and dropped paint on it. We were having a great time!

I love these shirts!!! I too am a visual learner and all the pics are great. It looks like we will be wearing tie dye too! :banana: Thanks

:goodvibes Too cute! TFS. I do have a question. When you rinse out the dye, how do you keep it from staining the white part of the shirts? Very, very cute. I'm going to have to do these with my kids. They'll have a blast!

Started my second attempt last night, and am very impatiently waiting the results . . . .:hourglass

Used TONS of dye this time - shirts were dripping with the stuff! Hopefully that will help with all my white patches.

Just wanted to give this thread a little bump, beacuse I'm going to get the supplies tomorrow to do them as a spring break project!!! I'm so excited!!:cool1:

I'm planning to start the Tye Dye Mickey head shirts tomorrow. What size mickey head did you use for yours? I don't want to go too big or too small. TIA Hopefully but the end of the week I'll have some pics for you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter