This is a new one for me, I wanted to see if anyone had insight before I called.

I was at WDW twice in Nov 2022. The first trip, DH and I had 4-day PH passes. He was ill and stayed in bed one day rather than visit the parks, and under “tickets and passes”, I see that ticket with one day left, valid until Sept 2023. This was originally purchased May 2022.

The second trip, I had a 2-day PH, but I wound up not using one of the days because I had to leave unexpectedly due to a family issue. That ticket and remaining day was visible until a few days ago, with a day left (I don’t recall the exp date), but it’s now gone. This was purchased Sept 2022.

I don’t see differences in wording in the purchase emails. Actually, I was surprised to see DH’s ticket in there with credit until next Sept, since I thought we were in “use it or lose it” territory now.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Is it possible that DH’s ticket came under the extension offered for Hurricane Nicole?

Is it possible that DH’s ticket came under the extension offered for Hurricane Nicole?
Ohhhh, you know what? I’ll bet you’re right. I didn’t even think of that since we left on the 8th, but it must have slipped into that window. Genius of him to get ill then;), You’re the best - thanks!!!

Ohhhh, you know what? I’ll bet you’re right. I didn’t even think of that since we left on the 8th, but it must have slipped into that window. Genius of him to get ill then;), You’re the best - thanks!!!
Now the fun part is coordinating his use of that day with a purchase of tickets for both of you for a visit before his extra day runs out in September! :cutie:

Now the fun part is coordinating his use of that day with a purchase of tickets for both of you for a visit before his extra day runs out in September! :cutie:
Good times ;). I’m going in Jan - lined up a family visit to end on an After Hours date, and will do a single park day as well - so maybe he’ll come back for that. That would be easier than anything else. He looooooved AH when we did it in early 2020 so could be an easy sell.

Thanks again!

Is the December 8 price increase for individual tickets only or will it also include multi day tickets?

We are planning a summer 2023 trip. But I was hoping to hold off buying tickets until after the budget busting holidays.

Is the December 8 price increase for individual tickets only or will it also include multi day tickets?

We are planning a summer 2023 trip. But I was hoping to hold off buying tickets until after the budget busting holidays.
It’s only for the 1-day tickets.

Disney doesn’t need to announce price increases for multi day tickets since the price depends on start date and number of days. They can adjust those prices quietly as time goes on.

The price of Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus will go up for multi-day tickets (and possibly other add-ons), if reports are to be believed. I suspect that there will be other increases, but that's purely my guess based on experience with other price increases.

We are seasoned visitors and had everything down to a system prior to 2019. This is our first trip back. We are going for 10 days but only want tickets for 3 days (we are DVC members so staying onsite). It used to be that we could use our tickets anytime within 2 weeks of the first use, which was perfect. Now it appears that our park days have to be within 5 days. Is this correct? We can't spread out our park visits? That doesn't seem great for people like us who just want to do certain things over our trip. We had the days of parks morning til night but those days are gone now, lol. I'm sure we aren't the only people who travel this way.

We are seasoned visitors and had everything down to a system prior to 2019. This is our first trip back. We are going for 10 days but only want tickets for 3 days (we are DVC members so staying onsite). It used to be that we could use our tickets anytime within 2 weeks of the first use, which was perfect. Now it appears that our park days have to be within 5 days. Is this correct? We can't spread out our park visits? That doesn't seem great for people like us who just want to do certain things over our trip. We had the days of parks morning til night but those days are gone now, lol. I'm sure we aren't the only people who travel this way.
Sadly, it’s correct - a 3-day ticket has a 5-day window to use. No more 14 days to use. Each ticket length has a certain number of days for use. Many people have been impacted by this, I’m sorry to say.

Check your days to be sure, but buying three 1-day tickets might be only like $20 or so more than buying a 3-day ticket.

Now if you wanted hoppers also, then that could get dicey.

Thanks! Didn't think of that option. I have been considering the after hours party instead of a park ticket. So much more to learn!

The price of Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus will go up for multi-day tickets (and possibly other add-ons), if reports are to be believed. I suspect that there will be other increases, but that's purely my guess based on experience with other price increases.
Thank you for this information. I might as well go ahead and buy them. We do want Hoppers. The only thing holding me back is what if a discount for our dates is offered later - but it is only for a package.. . . . I usually get room only. What to do???? What to do????? I do appreciate your help.

Thank you for this information. I might as well go ahead and buy them. We do want Hoppers. The only thing holding me back is what if a discount for our dates is offered later - but it is only for a package.. . . . I usually get room only. What to do???? What to do????? I do appreciate your help.
Most Disney discounts in the past have been room-only (with the option to add tickets for a package). But as you say, not all. Free dining and Stay, Play & Dine have always been package-only. And they have occasionally offered a straight room-and-ticket package only discount. So it's hard to predict.

If you buy tickets now from Undercover Tourist, and then a great package discount comes out, you could return the tickets (with a restocking fee, I think 5%). They're the only one I know of that offers returns on Disney tickets. Or you can hang on to the tickets and apply their value towards new tickets when you plan the next visit, if you tend to visit fairly regularly.

Yeah just checked out Magic Kingdom tickets for a day I already have tickets for and they're $20 more per ticket. Magic Kingdom prices are crazy and Animal Kingdom is the cheapest.

My 4 day single park ticket is up $37 since yestereday. I will use my savings to get a pretzel and bottle of water at MK.

Hey y'all. We are little more than two weeks from our trip and I had a ticket question...my husband and I had annual passes and we weren't planning on renewing. We are a part of a vacation package with my husband's family that includes 8-Day PH tickets with Genie+, and we changed our mind last minute to renew our passes (just did!). So now I have an annual pass and park Tickets sitting in MDE. We want to use the tickets and not our AP's for this trip since we have them as part of our family package and G+ is included. My question is this...is there a chance that there will there be any issues with us tapping into parks, LL's, our hotel room, etc.??

I'm just worried that the tap point will not know what ticket media to read (i.e. it will read the annual pass and not the tickets). Am I worried over nothing or is this a legit concern? Usually I would think this wouldn't be a problem, but...ya know how Disney IT is... 👀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter