Not sure if this is the right spot for this. We've been to WDW many times, but it's been at least 20 years since we had a room and ticket package.

The last time we went was in 2022 with old-style magic bands. If we use these, will the tickets be automatically linked to those bands? Thank you for any help!
So your tickets link to your My Disney Experience account. Think of MDE as the hub for all your activities at Disney World.

Magic Bands also get linked to your MDE account. Your MDE account recognizes all Magic Bands attached - I have almost 10! - and will let you scan in with anything attached to your account.

So as long as your tickets are provisioned to your user in MDE, you are good to go to use any MBs all attached to the same account.

I have three gold annual passes that I purchased in February 2020 and never began using. We are planning on activating the passes this summer. I have inquired about what the process will be since gold passes are no longer sold via chat on three separate occasions over the past 6 months and have received three separate answers.
1. No problem, they will be activated and there is a legacy calendar to follow, but renewal may be tricky.
2. Passes will be transferred to similar category of new passes, but extra cost may come into play. Go to front gate and they will sort it out
3. Passes cannot be used. Original value may be offered, but it is up to the front gate.

I was disappointed that I received three separate answers because to me that says that there is no clear policy. Has anyone dealt with a similar scenario and if so, how did it work out for you?

I want to follow up here to say that we had absolutely no issue at the gate. It took less than three minutes for them to scan the original barcode for the Gold passes from 2020 and issue us Sorcerer passes.

I want to follow up here to say that we had absolutely no issue at the gate. It took less than three minutes for them to scan the original barcode for the Gold passes from 2020 and issue us Sorcerer passes.
Thanks for the update! I'm glad it went smoothly for you.

Our Annual Passes expire in the middle of our trip, so I purchased 2 day passes as part of our package. How can I ensure our Annual Passes are 'charged' first, leaving our 2 day passes for our last 2 days? Thanks in advance!

Our Annual Passes expire in the middle of our trip, so I purchased 2 day passes as part of our package. How can I ensure our Annual Passes are 'charged' first, leaving our 2 day passes for our last 2 days? Thanks in advance!
Stop at a ticket window or Guest Relations before entering the park to make sure the APs are "prioritized" over the regular tickets. And then double-check after entering the park to make sure it took the right ticket; it's much easier to correct at the time if an error occurred.

My daughter has a friend who is an employee of WDW and gave her a park hopper ticket for 1 day. She will be there 4 days and would like to use the hopper on day 2 of the trip. Is there a way to do this herself or will she need to go to guest relations for them to fix it for her? Or is this even possible??

1st she will need to make a theme park reservation for the comp ticket. That should keep it from being used on the wrong day. However I recommend she stop at a ticket window or Guest Relations to get the appropriate ticket “prioritized” for entry on the 1st and 2nd days. Then after tapping in she should check MDE to be sure the correct ticket was used.

1st she will need to make a theme park reservation for the comp ticket. That should keep it from being used on the wrong day. However I recommend she stop at a ticket window or Guest Relations to get the appropriate ticket “prioritized” for entry on the 1st and 2nd days. Then after tapping in she should check MDE to be sure the correct ticket was used.
Thanks!

I have friends staying at the beach next week and wanting to drive to Magic Kingdom for the day. She wants to buy tickets at the gate since she doesn’t know what day they will go and wants to base it on weather. She does not have a Disney account or the app. I’ve tried talking to her about just buying online and probably needing Genie plus, etc. but she shoots me down and says she’s not worried about it, they have been before (6 years ago) and don’t need it. She asked again today if she can just buy at the gate when they get there. Is this ok to do? I don’t know why she’s so against creating an account and buying online.

I have friends staying at the beach next week and wanting to drive to Magic Kingdom for the day.

She can just walk-up and buy tickets at the gate, assuming the park isn't at capacity (which I doubt will happen next week). She should know 2 things:

1) all tickets are digital so I believe she'll need to create an MDE account anyway (and it's probably easier to do from home in advance rather than while standing at the ticket window)

2) ticket prices "at the gate" tend to be ~$20 higher than purchasing online (even just that morning)

We bought 5 day tickets because we are going the week of Thanksgiving. On the last day we are there, would we be able to upgrade to the sorcerer's pass? Or would it have to be the incredipass since those days are blackout days on the sorcerer's pass?

We bought 5 day tickets because we are going the week of Thanksgiving. On the last day we are there, would we be able to upgrade to the sorcerer's pass? Or would it have to be the incredipass since those days are blackout days on the sorcerer's pass?
To upgrade a ticket that has been used, it can only be upgraded to a ticket type (AP type) that is not blocked out on any day the original ticket was used. So you would need to upgrade to IncrediPass if the Sorcerer Pass is blocked out over Thanksgiving and you use the ticket to enter the parks then.

I don't know the math -- would it still be savings to buy the Sorcerer AP and the 5-day ticket separately? Or is that more than the IncrediPass?

To upgrade a ticket that has been used, it can only be upgraded to a ticket type (AP type) that is not blocked out on any day the original ticket was used. So you would need to upgrade to IncrediPass if the Sorcerer Pass is blocked out over Thanksgiving and you use the ticket to enter the parks then.

I don't know the math -- would it still be savings to buy the Sorcerer AP and the 5-day ticket separately? Or is that more than the IncrediPass?
The 5 day tix were 860 w/ tax. the Sorcerer is 999 + tax and incredipass is 1450 + tax. So I guess it would depend on how many more days in the next year we could get there if the incredipass would be worth it.

The 5 day tix were 860 w/ tax. the Sorcerer is 999 + tax and incredipass is 1450 + tax. So I guess it would depend on how many more days in the next year we could get there if the incredipass would be worth it.
Oof, yeah I can see why you wanted to upgrade to Sorcerer!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest