on site. POR. We were hoping to have a rest day in between because my friend has vestibular disorder and would need the time off
Did you book as a package? Or room-only with tickets purchased separate? As mention, if a package the tickets will be good for the length of your package stay (assuming the full 12 days).

Having trouble buying Genie+ this morning for the tickets we have that don’t have it pre purchased-it’s saying we already have it but we don’t have it on the two day ticket we are using today/tomorrow-we have it for the tickets we are using later this week. I specified that I wanted to use the non genie/hopper for today when making my reservation and I was going to just buy it but the system thinks we already have it.

So I’m considering the new Disney package offer including the dining promo; however, I have an AP which expires on 9/4. I’m looking at booking this trip from 9/3-9/9 and wondering if it would be possible to apply the 7 day tickets that would come with the package toward renewing my AP...I would than use my AP to enter parks on 9/3 and go to guest services to renew my AP. So I wouldn’t have accessed the package tickets at that point.
*would I need to go to guest services before entering any park on the 3rd to make sure that they don’t scan the package tickets instead of my AP?
*Can I use the package tix toward renewing my AP?

Having trouble buying Genie+ this morning for the tickets we have that don’t have it pre purchased-it’s saying we already have it but we don’t have it on the two day ticket we are using today/tomorrow-we have it for the tickets we are using later this week. I specified that I wanted to use the non genie/hopper for today when making my reservation and I was going to just buy it but the system thinks we already have it.
It sounds like the ticket it’s looking at for today is not the one you want it to. I would visit guest services before entering the park.

Hopefully this is OK to ask here. I tried the search engine, but didn’t find any questions that were exact. We have a trip booked for the end of this month myself and two kids already in my Disney experience. We have our tickets and resort package all booked and a park reservation my mom is now going to join us for one night, she is not in my Disney experience as a family member nor does she have her own. How am I able to get her a ticket and then add her to my plan so that way I can book her for genie plus etc. and she has the same park reservation as us. Thanks!!!!

You can either help her set-up her own MDE account and link as Friends&Family, or you can create a profile for her on your account. The bigger question is how to do her resort and ticket. If you add mom to your package, she will need to buy the same ticket as you and the kids. If that is longer than she needs, you can buy her a separate ticket, but you can't add her to your room until after you arrive. I  think that should be fairly easy to do after you arrive.

Quick question

I bought 7 day ticket at boardwalk ticketing for my party of 4. Already added and linked to my MDE app, and made reservations without any issues whatsoever.

My question is: do I still need to stop at guest service window prior to entering the parks for the first time? Or can I just go to the entrance?

I remember last year I bought a Costco Disney package and even though I linked the tickets to my MDE, they still made me go to the will call window.

My question is: do I still need to stop at guest service window prior to entering the parks for the first time? Or can I just go to the entrance?
You can use any of several methods to enter the parks without going to a ticket window or guest relations:
  • a MagicBand from a prior trip -- even one from years ago should still work at tapstiles
  • a plastic card from a prior trip
  • your phone using the MyMagicMobile app
  • obtain a key-card from an onsite resort

I hate to be *that* person, especially since I am a veteran here, but....here I am.

We typically do the length of stay tickets. I have a non-expiry park-hopper on my account, but I really don't want to burn a park hopper day if I don't have to.

We will be in town for the Princess Marathon weekend. We are only planning to do 1 day at Epcot. Undercover Tourist doesn't really save on 1 day tickets, nor does Sams Club.

I should know better than to ask but does anyone have any ideas for getting the best bang for my buck on 1 day tickets? I have a bunch of Disney Gift cards saved up, purchased from the various sales, Target, and what not. If nothing else, I will probably just use those. But I thought I would reach out here, and see if anyone had any cash-back sites, membership programs, or anything that you have used to make those 1 day tickets more palatable.

I have a package with 3 reservations through Costco all 3 reservations have tickets linked to my Friends and Family account and managed by me. The Costco tickets all say they are transferable. If for some reason one party doesn’t go and I cancel the package for them - the hotel will drop off but the tickets won’t ( according to Costco). My question is can I book another trip for myself and a friend using the tickets from the Costco canceled package for a later date? What if one of the transferable tickets is a child and I am going with an adult? Can I just call Disney and have the ticket upgraded from child to adult and pay the price difference due to date specific pricing?

If for some reason one party doesn’t go and I cancel the package for them - the hotel will drop off but the tickets won’t ( according to Costco).
Yes, if it is an off-site hotel or WDW room-only” hotel reservation with tickets added on. If it’s an on-site WDW resort+tickets reservation, the tickets will cancel when you drop that individual.

My question is can I book another trip for myself and a friend using the tickets from the Costco canceled package for a later date?
Yes. Preferably have that person transfer the ticket to you or a profile you manage. It will drop off your MDE after expired but WDW can see it to use as a future credit. You may need to pay a little extra if the new dates cost more.

What if one of the transferable tickets is a child and I am going with an adult? Can I just call Disney and have the ticket upgraded from child to adult and pay the price difference due to date specific pricing?
Yes, a child’s ticket can be upgraded to adult.

Thanks but I got a call from Costco - they will have to ask Disney to refund the tickets because they don't sell stand alone tickets so they will be canceled when I cancel the Costco package. It will take a little longer to get my money back from Disney according to Costco but the tickets will no longer be available.

On the sticky here and elsewhere on the web I've read that an AP is good for 366 days. In my MDE, I noticed mine expires 365 days from when I activated it. I asked the AP help desk and they said that is correct-- that the AP lasts 365 days. Nothing I've found on the WDW website indicates either-- it simply says "one year." Is the 366 days info out of date or is there somewhere else I should look for an official answer?

Is the 366 days info out of date or is there somewhere else I should look for an official answer?
It depends on how you word it. Valid for 366 days; expires 365 days after activation. As explained in Post#3, if activated on Oct. 1st the AP will expire on Oct. 1st the following year. You can use the AP on its expiration date, so it is valid on Oct. 1st of two years. Count Oct. 1st twice.

An AP is valid for one person and it is, in most cases, valid for one year from date of activation. Good, in most cases, 366 days.
If you activate your Annual Pass, for example, on October 1 of this year, the last day of valid use would be through the end of the day, Oct 1 of the following year.

Thank you. That is how I understood the pass should work. However I activated my pass April 23, 2022 and my MDE shows it expiring April 22, 2023. The cast member told me that is correct. So, other than Disboards, where are people getting the 366 days info? Was the cast member I spoke with incorrect?

I have credit with Disney for two, 2-day park hopper tickets from a trip that was canceled due to covid. Do I have to use this credit for the same kind of ticket for the same two people, or could I use it towards two tickets for two DIFFERENT people? (Tickets were in my name and DH's originally; I'd like to use them towards purchasing tickets for DD and SIL when they travel in September).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter