It will be less expensive to buy a one-day Park-Hopper ticket and add Park Hopper PLUS.

The price to do this will depend on the dates of your May trip...

A high of $159.50 (plus tax)
or a low of $150.00 (plus tax)

Ohh thanks.

Will this allow for TWO days - one at each? I feel like I'm missing something because I didn't see this option.

Ohh thanks.

Will this allow for TWO days - one at each? I feel like I'm missing something because I didn't see this option.

Yes.
Actually, ONE day of visiting one, two, three, or all four theme parks,
-AND-
TWO additional days of visiting Water Parks (etc.)

(Or, you could visit theme park(s) and Water Parks (etc.) on the same day.)

You have up to 14 days to use all of the (3) included options.

Looking for my math to be checked concerning AP upgrade.

Currently, for our upcoming trip, we have 7 Day MYW Park Hopper & WPF&M tickets which cost $495.23.
We're going back in August for 8 days, so an AP upgrade seems to be a cost savings for tickets.
For upgrading to AP, I think I'm correct in using the value of the 7 Day Park Hopper Plus ticket, as the current gate price, which is $532.50.
Because we have the water parks option, which we'll be using for our April trip, I assume we have to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Annual Pass which is $925.49.
That would leave me an upgrade cost per person of $392.99. Correct?

Currently, for our upcoming trip, we have 7 Day MYW Park Hopper & WPF&M tickets which cost $495.23.
We're going back in August for 8 days, so an AP upgrade seems to be a cost savings for tickets.
1. For upgrading to AP, I think I'm correct in using the value of the 7 Day Park Hopper Plus ticket, as the current gate price, which is $532.50.

2. Because we have the water parks option, which we'll be using for our April trip, I assume we have to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Annual Pass which is $925.49.

3. That would leave me an upgrade cost per person of $392.99. Correct?

1. That's the current gate price for that ticket, but see #3 below.
2. Correct. (Not because you HAVE it, but because you plan to USE it.)
3. We can't answer unless you tell us when, how, and from whom did you purchase your current tickets.

Last edited:
1. That's the current gate price for that ticket, but see #3 below.
2. Correct. (Not because you HAVE it, but because you plan to USE it.)
3. We can't answer unless you tell us when, how, and from whom did you purchase your current tickets.

I should have said. The tickets were purchased direct from Disney as part of a room/ticket package.

Do any sites still have the old prices?
Not that I'm aware of but it looks like it isn't going to save a ton because they are only price bridging to the old 2/11 gate price and not the the gate price as of now (if you were planning on price bridging). If you wanted tickets without the 2018 expiry, then I'm not sure.

Not that I'm aware of but it looks like it isn't going to save a ton because they are only price bridging to the old 2/11 gate price and not the the gate price as of now (if you were planning on price bridging). If you wanted tickets without the 2018 expiry, then I'm not sure.

But, if guests are simply wanting to USE those tickets, as-is, and not upgrade them, the prices are very good.

I should have said. The tickets were purchased direct from Disney as part of a room/ticket package.

Actually, if you bought them as part of a resort package you did not actually buy them "directly from Disney"
(as that has a very specific meaning in regard to ticket transactions.)

But, you also did not answer the question about WHEN you bought them.

But, if guests are simply wanting to USE those tickets, as-is, and not upgrade them, the prices are very good.
True :) Btw, I have been meaning to thank you for all of your help with tickets. You are always so prompt with answering and it is appreciated! Thanks!

True :) Btw, I have been meaning to thank you for all of your help with tickets. You are always so prompt with answering and it is appreciated! Thanks!

You're welcome.

(It is certainly getting more complex, these days!)

Actually, if you bought them as part of a resort package you did not actually buy them "directly from Disney"
(as that has a very specific meaning in regard to ticket transactions.)

But, you also did not answer the question about WHEN you bought them.

I know the who, whats and whens are important.
Purchased a 7 day room/ticket/dining package in Oct 2016 through the WDW website for use in April 2017.

Hi, everyone.
We are considering buying AP's for our next WDW, but I'm really confused on a few things and hope someone can help.

We've been to WDW twice (once in 2013 and 2015). We're thinking of coming again for Thanksgiving 2017 and getting AP's (because we would like to then come again later that year and bring dh's father and then possible for another trip next Nov before they would expire). I think I understand how the AP works, but I don't exactly understand how you purchase them? What I mean is, how would you book the trip? I think I read most AP's are purchased in person,so how do you book to be able to take advantage of fast pass plus or any AP room discounts that may become available?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

We're thinking of coming again for Thanksgiving 2017 and getting AP's (because we would like to then come again later that year and bring dh's father and then possible for another trip next Nov before they would expire). I think I understand how the AP works, but I don't exactly understand how you purchase them? What I mean is,
1. how would you book the trip?
2. I think I read most AP's are purchased in person,so
3. how do you book to be able to take advantage of fast pass plus or
4. any AP room discounts that may become available?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

1. You can book a room-only reservation at any resort. (Or... read #4 and #5 below.)
2. No, that's incorrect (although you CAN do it that way, it's not a good plan.)
3. Order your AP any time. HERE is the link to do so.
Once you have ordered the AP, you can then book advance FP+ just like with regular tickets.

4. Once you have ordered the AP, any AP room discounts can be found on-line.
(They are not always available.)

Your AP will NOT become ACTIVE (start counting down its year of service) until you go to
WDW and activate it, in-person, at a ticket booth or Guest Relations.

5. Also, you do NOT have to OWN an AP to book an AP resort room.

Last edited:
Looking for my math to be checked concerning AP upgrade.

For upgrading to AP, I think I'm correct in using the value of the 7 Day Park Hopper Plus ticket, as the current gate price, which is $532.50.
Because we have the water parks option, which we'll be using for our April trip, I assume we have to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Annual Pass which is $925.49.
That would leave me an upgrade cost per person of $392.99. Correct?

Purchased a 7 day room/ticket/dining package in Oct 2016 through the WDW website for use in April 2017.

OK.
Your current ticket can be price-bridged to the gate price of just before the Feb. 12 price increase. (Since you basically paid that price to begin-with, there is no change in value.)

Ticket PRICES-Previous to Feb. 12, 2017 from an archived Allears page HERE.

As you noted, that price was $495.23.

With the CURRENT upgrade policy:
You would subtract that price from the
current gate price for a Platinum Plus Annual Pass which is (as you said) $925.49.

So-
$925.49
=430.26
Upgrade value

It looks like $430.26 is what it would cost to do the upgrade, per ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter